gamingboy79

[Debunked] My friend got banned from psn for trophy boosting on a rented server..

196 posts in this topic

Usually boosting games isn't allowed in games like in COD and stuff. It's usually in the games ToS. I didn't think you could banned from PSN for it though

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Madara Uchiha said:

Usually boosting games isn't allowed in games like in COD and stuff. It's usually in the games ToS. I didn't think you could banned from PSN for it though

 

Right. They dont care whats in the game only what happens in psn. Maybe your friend had some rude massages with the guy who gets kicked? Thats a reason for getting banned

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of people forget that technically boosting is against PSN ToS but because frankly Sony rarely police it at all no one realises. It's become a bit of a myth in trophy hunting circles that it's not against ToS but it actually is. Do it at your own risk, 99.99% of the time you'll have no problem but that other 0.01%, boom, unexpected ban out of nowhere xD

 

It's very VERY rare anyone gets a ban over it, always suprises me, but I don't boost so I know I'll be fine, but just imagine if they took down someone like Hakoom over a small 5 minute boosting session one day... xD

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Crowlike said:

 

Maybe your friend had some rude massages with the guy who gets kicked? 

Rude massages eh? Let's keep it civil..

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reinachii- said:

Rude massages eh? Let's keep it civil..

 

Thats psn and the reason only friends can massage me. When u play games like Battlefield and CoD u get alot of massages of ppl who are pissed of. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think he is banned for boosting. Maybe he did something wrong? 

For example, every second day I report a player in the psn who  insulting me in PSN Messages and it is always successful. Maybe he insulted someone in a game or in a message earlier this day or a day before.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sikutai said:

I don't think he is banned for boosting. Maybe he did something wrong? 

For example, every second day I report a player in the psn who  insulting me in PSN Messages and it is always successful. Maybe he insulted someone in a game or in a message earlier this day or a day before.


If that was the case, then why did Sony Support say he got banned for Exploiting? doesn't add up, its highly doubtful he go banned for insulting messages. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ValkyrieMaxxi said:


If that was the case, then why did Sony Support say he got banned for Exploiting? doesn't add up, its highly doubtful he go banned for insulting messages. 

 

Usually Sony does not inform you about the reason for the ban, so maybe he is lying. I was never banned because I am a perfect member of the PSN with manners, but that's what I've heard.

Edited by Sikutai
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sikutai said:

 

Usually Sony does not inform you about the reason for the ban, so maybe he is lying.

 Considering i know both these people, no he is not lying, if you call them they will most likely tell you the reasoning. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda dont believe everything was said, in that case 100% psnp base would be ban lol. Btw. 2 players boost game 1 was busted the other not? Rented servers didnt kinda put you on the spot? Aint Hardline got bots to easy get all online trophies? How big is backlog, Sony aint keen to ban idk plus players guys with hundreds digitals on acc. Empty accs got snaped quick af for trivial reasons.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk this seems a bit strange to me.

 

I rent servers in Battlefield periodically, Clans rent servers all the time. If it was as easy as getting banned because you kick people from your servers there would be a larger influx of cases to support this. Wether they were reported for boosting or not it's impossible to argue wether it's a couple friends playing one on ones on a dead server even.

 

Because frankly any publicly open servers can be considered boosting if your gaining xp/trophy progression while keeping it to only your crew. But in reality that doesn't necessarily mean those people are boosting. Just be like I mentioned it could be a group of people that just want to play with each other.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gamingboy79 said:

My friend called playstation support and they told him that someone reported him and said it was because of trophy boosting 

 

32 minutes ago, ValkyrieMaxxi said:

If that was the case, then why did Sony Support say he got banned for Exploiting? doesn't add up, its highly doubtful he go banned for insulting messages. 

 

26 minutes ago, ValkyrieMaxxi said:

 Considering i know both these people, no he is not lying, if you call them they will most likely tell you the reasoning. 

 

So why did the reason go from boosting to exploiting suddenly? Did he get messages from kicked players and answered them? Maybe Sony checked your friend because of reports from kicked players and found something else?

 

If not, how should that even work? You rent a server and it's the complete purpose of this service to be able to manage everything, including kick/ban list. Why would EA or Sony care if some random dude accuses another player without a legit connection (for example via a message). Otherwise anyone could just say "xyz kicked me and he's boosting". And I think it's highly unlikely that both companies take there time to investigate all that stuff if there's no real problem like swearing, insulting or something like that.

Edited by woggly4
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

So why did the reason go from boosting to exploiting suddenly? Did he get messages from kicked players and answered them? Maybe Sony checked your friend because of reports from kicked players and found something else?


According to Sony, Boosting is filed under Exploiting in their banning system, thats why. Yes he got messages from kicked players, not sure if he responded to them.

 

15 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

If not, how should that even work? You rent a server and it's the complete purpose of this service to be able to manage everything, including kick/ban list. Why would EA or Sony care if some random dude accuses another player without a legit connection (for example via a message). Otherwise anyone could just say "xyz kicked me and he's boosting". And I think it's highly unlikely that both companies take there time to investigate all that stuff if there's no real problem like swearing, insulting or something like that.


Read my earlier post in which i detailed a few underlying things that all Trophy Hunters should be aware of 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ValkyrieMaxxi said:

Read my earlier post in which i detailed a few underlying things that all Trophy Hunters should be aware of 

Again, why would EA care? And if they did they would reset your progress first and not report you to Sony so they can ban you, that would be pretty harsh. Plus, it takes ages to get in touch with the EA support and to get an actual helpful answer (if any). And now you think EA forwards complaints (I'm not sure, is there even a possibility to report players ingame to EA?) to Sony and Sony takes action immediately? If something like this would be the case there would be a lot of tickets the support divisions of both companies would need to investigate. And then there will be all those fake cases where someone is just butthurt because he got killed in legit matches, actual boosting complaints are just a fraction.

 

I highly doubt that something like this is a thing, thinking of how many players still play Battlefield games. All Battlefield releases on console still have an active playerbase, EA would drown in reports.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

Again, why would EA care? And if they did they would reset your progress first and not report you to Sony so they can ban you, that would be pretty harsh. Plus, it takes ages to get in touch with the EA support and to get an actual helpful answer (if any). And now you think EA forwards complaints (I'm not sure, is there even a possibility to report players ingame to EA?) to Sony and Sony takes action immediately? If something like this would be the case there would be a lot of tickets the support divisions of both companies would need to investigate. And then there will be all those fake cases where someone is just butthurt because he got killed in legit matches, actual boosting complaints are just a fraction.

 

I highly doubt that something like this is a thing, thinking of how many players still play Battlefield games. All Battlefield releases on console still have an active playerbase, EA would drown in reports.


This did happen over the course of a month apparently, the boosting started over a month ago and the ban happened on tuesday as far as ive been told. 

and this isnt the first time ive heard of someone being banned for "boosting" in a battlefield game

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

Are you sure it was for trophy boosting or is that just what you assumed because it's what you were doing at the time? I was under the impression that Sony rarely ever tell people what they get banned for.

 

And if that was the reason, surely the person they were boosting with would get banned at the same time.

I’ve read you at least get an email saying why you were banned 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gamingboy79 said:

What fo you guys think of this issue. 

 

I think theres usually no smoke without fire.

 

4 hours ago, EmperorElfenSky said:

Otherwise I think we all will have to majorly adjust our behavior online 1f914.png🤨🧐

 

Not all. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't know they can ban you for boosting. All i remember is that they could ban you for Killzone 2, but that was ages ago.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XXIIlII said:

Did your friend send you a message on PSN with the words trophy and boosting? That's how my friend got permanently banned. They checked his messages. Even though he was reported for something different (swearing). But they saw his trophy boosting msg which he sent months ago.

Wow, I've just got to check my messages, brb

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get banned for redicilous behaviour, if you bully someone or troll someone. PSN takes that seriously. Not saying that it happened, but you can never know for sure how your friends behaviour is online.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crowlike said:

 

Thats psn and the reason only friends can massage me. When u play games like Battlefield and CoD u get alot of massages of ppl who are pissed of. 

 

I too generally only let my friends massage me, and definitely no one that is pissed off at me, that could hurt :giggle:

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, s_cubasteve said:

Wow, I've just got to check my messages, brb

 

I don't think you can delete conversations on PS4. If you abandon the conversation with someone else, but then send another message to him/her, it restores the old messages.

 

Old consoles were sluggish as hell but at least they let you FULLY AND PERMANENTLY delete "social" stuff, i.e. messages, and even players met.

Edited by Lance_87
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.