[Debunked] My friend got banned from psn for trophy boosting on a rented server..

JFL_Leon

29 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I don't think you can delete conversations on PS4. If you abandon the conversation with someone else, but then send another message to him/her, it restores the old messages.

You can't delete conversations. Sony can delete Messages in conversations, because the conversations are saved on the Servers, not at your Playstation. If I reported Insults Sony deleted the Parts in the Messages, I couldn't do that. The Text in such cases is: "Vom Playstation Sicherheitsteam gelöscht - Deleted from the Playstation Security Team".

Edited by Sikutai

6 hours ago, sporty_chin8 said:

For battlefield hardline?! Wtf, there have been 2 battlefield games released since this one (about to be 3 in the next year possibly) and people are getting banned for this? 

People are so kruddy. I’m honestly surprised they still give a shit about this game. Were you playing the ps3 or ps4 copy? Because thats another thing... ps3 is not supported anymore so for sony to do anything about people boosting in ps3 games is unbelievable. We are approaching the next generation of consoles. Even on ps4 it would sound ridiculous.

Lmao. 

3 hours ago, Sikutai said:

I don't think he is banned for boosting. Maybe he did something wrong? 

For example, every second day I report a player in the psn who  insulting me in PSN Messages and it is always successful. Maybe he insulted someone in a game or in a message earlier this day or a day before.

31 er xD

In the beginning when ps4 came out,

i boosted killzone shadowfall 

I got banned for 1 day because of that.

In that day i called sony support and they said. Dont do it anymore or you get banned for good ?

It was not fun to hear.

I am hunting trophies from 2008 and i would stop hunting if they ban me for boosting trophies ?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, earthgeneral said:

I’m wondering why you didn’t get banned weren’t you both doing the same thing and got the same people texting why you kicked them? Wasn’t it your server so you were the one kicking people? Why didn’t they report you does your friend have a more memorable name 

Im not sure tbh but I have anxiety about it happening now :(

3 hours ago, Sikutai said:

Usually Sony does not inform you about the reason for the ban, so maybe he is lying. I was never banned because I am a perfect member of the PSN with manners, but that's what I've heard.

Sony informs you of the exact reason for your ban in the email they send you. A friend of mine got banned and his e-mail stated he was banned for "Illegal use of pirated software"

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

Sony informs you of the exact reason for your ban in the email they send you. A friend of mine got banned and his e-mail stated he was banned for "Illegal use of pirated software"

Ill make sure to ask my friend about the email thanks for the heads up

3 hours ago, ValkyrieMaxxi said:

So i'm just going to leave this here, i accept the hate i will receive for it. 

The Terms of Services For The Game Also Becomes Part of PlayStations When Trophies and Online Play Are Involved. 

In Other Words, you must follow both EA & PSN Terms of Services When Playing a Game With Trophies or Online Connection. 

EA Rules of Conduct State - EA Rules of Conduct

So it would of been a bunch of reports, most likely in game, that hit EA and was then Forwarded onto PSN to take action, thus resulting in the Ban. 
It Seems people got super salty over you kicking them from your lobby and they reported you for it, Sadly there are people like that, people that can't just move on. 

I have an idea that the reports were originally most likely for "Boosting" not of trophies but K/D, Rank or whatever else in BFH  
Since that is against the EA Code of Conduct while to Trophy Hunters it seems like you got Banned for boosting Trophies. 

Remember Hunters, Always Check the Games Online Code of Conduct or Terms of Service before engaging in anything like this, its the risk you take. 

I am truly sorry that he got banned, and its complete dog shit, Since i know you lose access to everything, i mean everything, games, dlc, ect.
I honestly hope everyone here is decent enough to not report people for boosting when they are doing so in their own rented server. Especially Battlefield Hardline on PS3 since its so grindy to do naturally 

I am very skeptical of this story. ?

I don’t know you or your friend so I mean no offence, but getting banned for boosting is literally unheard as far as I’m aware. So I have to think your friend is either holding back some important details in this case, or he’s making up a story to cover up the real reason for his ban.

IF your friend is indeed telling the truth and got his PSN account banned for innocently boosting trophies, this would be extremely concerning and put every single person in this community at risk. It’s very disturbing to consider the possibility that Sony would do something like this.

I remember back in the day when Killzone 2 was still very new people boosted for this 1% trophy a lot and SONY banned lots of trophy-hunters for boosting at the time... I myself got banned for one month after boosting two hour in a privat lobby. I think since than (ten-years) I have never heard of anything like this again.

Edited by OBSTINATIO
  • Like 2

Good to know we'll all be banned then.

Besides, there are some trophies you almost can't get without Boosting, even when the game is still filled with online players. Banning someone over boosting would be idiotic. Especially because it's mostly us trophy hunters that buy all of the shit games and fill their pockets, which probably gets them a lot of money. There are top hunters who have obviously boosted, just imagine if they ban Hakoom or RoughD*wg. Hence why I'm definitely not sure that this is possible to get banned simply for boosting trophies. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Berendsapje said:

Besides, there are some trophies you almost can't get without Boosting, even when the game is still filled with online players. Banning someone over boosting would be idiotic. Especially because it's mostly us trophy hunters that buy all of the shit games and fill their pockets, which probably gets them a lot of money. There are top hunters who have obviously boosted, just imagine if they ban Hakoom or RoughD*wg. Hence why I'm definitely not sure that this is possible to get banned simply for boosting trophies. 

You're thinking about this too broadly, you need to see it from the narrow view of the Sony employee who will put the ban in place. They're not going to be looking at how much someone has spent, all they're going to consider is that they've received a complaint that someone has beached the Sony TOS and there's proof that the complaint is true.

It would be a very rare thing though, you'd have to boost in such a way that it was obvious and you'd need to have someone complain with proof.

Edited by AusLeviathan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AusLeviathan said:

all they're going to consider is that they've received a complaint that someone has beached the Sony TOS and there's proof that the complaint is true.

Do you think glitches, exploits, downpatching and other trophy tricks PSNprofiles users employ are also considered violations of the TOS?

Edited by bikeman223

7 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

Do you think glitches, exploits, downpatching and other trophy tricks PSNprofiles users employ are also considered violations of the TOS?

They are if they're used to gain an advantage as part of the PS TOS under Code of Conduct.

Again though, this isn't something that you're just going to get banned for out of nowhere. Someone would have to have actual proof that you'd used a glitch/exploit to gain some advantage and they'd have to complain to Sony.

• Like 1