Leaderboard Positions

Nitro

So after this new update apparently I have dropped 16 ranks? Even though the people above me have less trophy points than me and even have a lower trophy level? Are the ranks going to be put back to where they were so it makes more sense, or am I just going to have to accept that somehow people who were behind me and now suddenly 20 ranks in front of me? I noticed this issue on another trophy tracking website, but just want to know what the go is here first.

https://psnprofiles.com/NiTR0--X_

https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard/all?page=2&h=NiTR0--X_#NiTR0--X_

Edit: Seems my rank has been readjusted correctly :)

Edited by Nitro
Edit

I've dropped 380 places in the World ranking and I noticed that some of the players in front of me have less points and some also still show their old levels so I assume the leaderboard hasn't fully updated yet. It's the same thing in the Country leaderboard.

I also noticed that on your Stats page if you add up the points of your platinum, gold, silver and bronze trophies it still comes to your old points total, platinum trophies still count as 180 points instead of 300. For example I have 228 platinums and it shows as 41040 points when it should be 68400.

Edited by Janire1911

As of this writing I am rank 4765 on PSNProfiles.

A few weeks back I was hovering around rank 5500 - 5600, but a bunch of people got removed for reasons I don't know. Prior to the change I was just under rank 5400. I'm guessing there are still people who have yet to sync trophies which may explain I skyrocketed up by several hundred ranks.

Interesting to note. But they might as well remove the PSN level off our signatures. Or at least give us the customizable option to not show it for our profiles, because it really means nothing now.

20 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I'm on the PSNP Discord and Sly said that it'll take some time to fully update the leaderboards. It is happening. Just need to be patient.

Not surprised, when he had to simply restore from a backup database a few months/years ago it took a few days, if I'm not wrong. Now it requires to calculate everything for every account and trophy list, so it will definitely take a while until everything in finished. 

As for people going up/down a lot, expect that your rank can move a lot depending on the number of non-plats/plats that you have (in my case someone that was about 300 points away from me before the new system id now 4 levels ahead, that's simply because plats are much more valuable). 

So, ya, the change in plat value definitely means that some changes will happen in the leaderboard, specially for those like me with a huge number of non-plat games (I have over 110 non-plat games at 100%).

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

1 minute ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

As for people going up/down a lot, expect that your rank can move a lot depending on the number of non-plats/plats that you have (in my case someone that was about 300 points away from me before the new system id now 4 levels ahead, that's simply because plats are much more valuable). 

So, ya, the change in plat value definitely means that some changes will happen in the leaderboard, specially for those like me with a huge number of non-plat games (I have over 110 non-plat games at 100%).

This new system is so retarded. What's the point of doing 100% PSN lists when a plat is worth that whole list? I hate this so much.

• Like 4

I think more people need to treat these games for their gameplay value and appeal, not treating them for a bunch of numbers and amount of trophy points they offer.

If I had that line of thinking going into games like Mega Man 10, OlliOlli, Uncharted: Fight for Fortune and other non-platinum titles that I really had to work at to earn those trophies, I would of just dropped them the moment I realized they were going to take skill and commitment to beat.

To skip good games like Sonic Mania, HITMAN and Resident Evil 4 because they reward less points and don't have a platinum has to be one of the most stupid reasonings I have ever encountered on this website.

The quality control now is horrible anyway. Far too much crap on the store, while the good games that aren't AAA blockbusters get shoved under the rug.

• Like 2

Glad im not the only one wondering wtf happened xD

Jumped up 580 global. Putting me around 9k rank and 150 local putting me close to 2k

I know ive spent my last few days off getting lot of trophys. Lol but ive never seen it go up or down, more then 20 spots before xD

Wonder if ill be ranked abit higher once all this is recalibrated, since plats are now nearly worth 2x more?  Lol

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

I think more people need to treat these games for their gameplay value and appeal, not treating them for a bunch of numbers and amount of trophy points they offer.

If I had that line of thinking going into games like Mega Man 10, OlliOlli, Uncharted: Fight for Fortune and other non-platinum titles that I really had to work at to earn those trophies, I would of just dropped them the moment I realized they were going to take skill and commitment to beat.

To skip good games like Sonic Mania, HITMAN and Resident Evil 4 because they reward less points and don't have a platinum has to be one of the most stupid reasonings I have ever encountered on this website.

The quality control now is horrible anyway. Far too much crap on the store, while the good games that aren't AAA blockbusters get shoved under the rug.

Whilst I agree with your ethos, I think that's a little harsh. If some people enjoy upgrading their profile and enjoy climbing the leaderboards as a specific outcome, that's their prerogative. I find Nitro's response unusual but if he is really serious about his (or her, can't assume) leaderboard position, then fair enough! Personally, I think the number of dead profiles on the leaderboards combined with the fact that not all live PSN profiles are on them makes them fairly meaningless but if they have meaning for others, then fair play to them!!! 

• Like 1

I initially lost ~7 country ranks when everyone was out of order, now I have gone back up 4-5 ranks higher than what I was before. Global ranks have gone up ~200 apparently. A good chunk of players seem to be updated now, but if you see someone with an old level on the leader boards you can manually update them yourself. Personally I updated the top 150 for Australia as I was curious what my rank was going to be.

16 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

Whilst I agree with your ethos, I think that's a little harsh. If some people enjoy upgrading their profile and enjoy climbing the leaderboards as a specific outcome, that's their prerogative. I find Nitro's response unusual but if he is really serious about his (or her, can't assume) leaderboard position, then fair enough! Personally, I think the number of dead profiles on the leaderboards combined with the fact that not all live PSN profiles are on them makes them fairly meaningless but if they have meaning for others, then fair play to them!!! 

The leaderboards isn’t a challenge apart from having the time and money. 

When I look at my own rank on the leaderboard page, there is always a few people around me who have 1500 - 2000+ gold trophies, more platinums and literally 3 - 6 stacks of Rata. 

That just isn’t fun to me.

19 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Because you find a particular game fun?

19 hours ago, Spaz said:

I think you guys are misunderstanding here. When I look at my backlog, I look at multiple games to either go back to and finish or start fresh on a new game. My question is what reason do I have to go and pick a 100% PSN list when I know a platinum, even it's longer will provide more points than the PSN list when I'm done and I'll have the same enjoyment (or can play multiple shorter titles).

And, @Spaz if that IS a stupid reason on how to pick one game over another, I'd love to hear your reasoning for picking one game to play out of the possible hundreds in a backlog.

On 10-10-2020 at 9:30 AM, Spaz said:

To skip good games like Sonic Mania, HITMAN and Resident Evil 4 because they reward less points and don't have a platinum has to be one of the most stupid reasonings I have ever encountered on this website

On the other hand, why reward developers for their mistakes? These are full scale games, just SEGA, Square and Capcom not wanting to implement a Platinum.

4 hours ago, Nitro said:

My question is what reason do I have to go and pick a 100% PSN list when I know a platinum, even it's longer will provide more points than the PSN list when I'm done and I'll have the same enjoyment (or can play multiple shorter titles).

If they provide a unique experience. 

On 10/10/2020 at 3:30 AM, Spaz said:

There are more great, high-quality, must-play games out there than you could play in a lifetime, and more are coming out every day. Why on Earth does it matter to you how someone decides which ones to skip?

Also, different people like different things; I'd sooner play six stacks of the worst of what Ratalaika has to offer than a Sonic or Resident Evil game, trophies or no. You're not the sole arbiter of objective quality.

I noticed today I dropped one place on the Belgium leaderboard, so I wanted to check what is the difference with the person before me. I saw something strange: almost everyone dropped a place. But I saw nobody raised levels to above them, and then I saw, the number 3 is missing, the third guy is listed as country rank 4.

https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard/all/be?page=1&h=TheScorpi0411#TheScorpi0411

I was somewhere in between 1340-1320 on the Australian leaderboards before the level progression change, then after I went to exactly 1400. Now I'm 90+ ranks ahead of that but I'll be higher very soon because I just updated my profile an hour ago. Great job Sony for this not-at-all-pointless change...