Leaderboard Positions

Nitro

9 hours ago, Xylobe said:

There are more great, high-quality, must-play games out there than you could play in a lifetime, and more are coming out every day. Why on Earth does it matter to you how someone decides which ones to skip?

Also, different people like different things; I'd sooner play six stacks of the worst of what Ratalaika has to offer than a Sonic or Resident Evil game, trophies or no. You're not the sole arbiter of objective quality.

They are points. They are part of the trophy system, but far too often people just look at a game entirely by how many points it has, instead of looking at the actual game and its value of satisfaction.

Most people I'm willing to bet would not touch Ratalaika if they actually had to beat the games. Collecting a bunch of coins and beating a few quick levels doesn't deserve a platinum, that's devaluing the system. Then of course people are going to come at me and tell me the system was devalued from the very beginning.

Plus some of these titles are basically complete ripoffs of Super Mario Bros and Kirby's Adventure. There are good Ratalaika games and bad Ratalaika games, I don't need a trophy list to see them.

There's a ton of shit out there. Most of everything is mediocre, and that's not me being biased or stuck in the past because it's always been that way. For every gem there is a bunch of crap. You don't like Sonic and Resident Evil, that's fine. I don't like what Ratalaika has done, I made my point already.

I played enough great AAA games and indie games to know there is a lot of crap and I've played both. A few years ago I was playing games for quick trophies so I could reach platinum #100, but I found that to be fruitless.