Maverick6146

light suspense/horror plat recommendation

18 posts in this topic

 

Can anyone recommend games like Erica/The complex

Or Call of Cthulhu, Dark Anthology, Sherlock Holmes series, and to an extent, games like The Sexy Brutale.

 

Edited by Maverick6146
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not entirely sure if you're looking for similar gameplay or themes, but I can recommend a few light horror that they reminded me of when reading your list.

 

Hidden Agenda

Oxenfree
Dead Synchronicity

 

I wanted to recommend "Moons of Madness" because of Call of Cthulhu being listed, but it didn't really fit the rest of them.

 

I'm sorry if these weren't what you were looking for, it was kind've hard to be honest. 😅 You already had Until Dawn and Sinking City on your list, which were the first I thought of.

Edited by MonochromeJester
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Council

White Day

We Happy Few

Blacksad

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MonochromeJester said:

I'm not entirely sure if you're looking for similar gameplay or themes, but I can recommend a few light horror that they reminded me of when reading your list.

 

Hidden Agenda

Oxenfree
Dead Synchronicity

 

I wanted to recommend "Moons of Madness" because of Call of Cthulhu being listed, but it didn't really fit the rest of them.

 

I'm sorry if these weren't what you were looking for, it was kind've hard to be honest. 1f605.png You already had Until Dawn and Sinking City on your list, which were the first I thought of.

No worries and thanks for the recommendation. I glanced over a few titles and felt they should be on point. Played Hidden Agenda and enjoyed the experience.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if you've played "here comes the raptor" but if not you might want to as it is quite similar to those games, not really horror but worth a shot.

 

Also "ether one"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2020 at 8:07 PM, saiyanbloodstyle said:

I don't know if you've played "here comes the raptor" but if not you might want to as it is quite similar to those games, not really horror but worth a shot.

 

I was unable to find this game in NA store. Would you mind posting a link?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BlackSquirrell1 said:

Until Dawn.  Excellent game, getting ready to play it for Halloween.

 

i was just popping in to say this...

Until Dawn is a great game, it's horror-light, plat isn't too difficult, and it should be fairly cheap..

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Maverick6146 said:

I was unable to find this game in NA store. Would you mind posting a link?

 

I'm pretty sure he meant "Everybody's Gone To The Rapture".

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HellcoreFire said:

 

I'm pretty sure he meant "Everybody's Gone To The Rapture".

LOL, i could never imagine....

3 hours ago, sword_of_omens said:

 

i was just popping in to say this...

Until Dawn is a great game, it's horror-light, plat isn't too difficult, and it should be fairly cheap..

 

Already platted this one, thanks for the recommendation though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Maverick6146 said:

I was unable to find this game in NA store. Would you mind posting a link?

Oh sorry about that, complete mess up by me.

 

The name is "Everyone's gone to the rapture"

I don't know what i was thinking about when i left that reply 😂

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture

Firewatch (gave me goosebumps a couple of times but its not a horror)

Get Even

Gone Home (same as Firewatch feeling but slightly worse)

Man of Medan

What Remains of Edith Finch (goosebumps but its not a horror)

 

By goosebumps I mean the story in the game can be disturbing to hear so it just doesn’t really feel right but its not like a scary game.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Maverick6146 said:

do you think it would be worth buying? may wait for a sale though

 

Late Shift and The Bunker both fit the 'suspense' theme you're looking for, but I can't really speak for the rest. That particular bundle has been on sale for $15 previously, so if you're more interested in the bundle rather than individual games, it's best to wait for a sale.

 

https://en.psprices.com/region-us/game/2927078/wales-interactive-bundle

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Helyx said:

 

Late Shift and The Bunker both fit the 'suspense' theme you're looking for, but I can't really speak for the rest. That particular bundle has been on sale for $15 previously, so if you're more interested in the bundle rather than individual games, it's best to wait for a sale.

 

https://en.psprices.com/region-us/game/2927078/wales-interactive-bundle

Thank you.

 

Also thank for everyone who provided input. Put all of them into my wishlist.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want some killing game video games, the Zero Escape series and Danganronpa series are both great and can be pretty horrifying at times

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.