Name #1 game you would like to platinum but don't possess the skill level to obtain it?

YeWeeScumBag

12 minutes ago, Atoya said:

None, I believe every game can be completed by every person, skill is obtained with time and patience.

motivation is a different thing since the person doesn't want to bother with it, btw you can do street fighter :) the online can be boosted!

yeah I suppose your right, any other game I've wanted to platinum I've done it regardless of time and skills needed etc.. Its probably just the thought of playing ranked in street fighter that puts me off lol ?

• Like 1

Just now, YeWeeScumBag said:

yeah I suppose your right, any other game I've wanted to platinum I've done it regardless of time and skills needed etc.. Its probably just the thought of playing ranked in street fighter that puts me off lol 1f44d.png

Yeah I see, street fighter is kinda a unique game, not a big fan of it but the community is insane from what I see at EVO

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

This is an easy one for me. Tetris Effect.

I absolutely love Tetris. I probably have 40-50 hours in it on PS4 and another 40-50 hours of Tetris 99 on the switch. I play Tetris a lot to relax, but I play it pretty casually (not a lot in bunches, more like 30 mins here. 30 mins there).

However, this game brings a lot of cool, interesting challenges and getting SS rank on all of them is just too difficult for me. Heck, I'll be jumping up and down if I ever get all A ranks one day. To give you an example, you have to clear 40 lines in 1:10. My current PR is around 2:05. There's just no way I'd ever get it down that low unless I dedicate an entire year to Tetris or quit my job and focus on it exclusively, and that'll never happen. I have too many games I want to play and not enough time.

And, I know what you're thinking. 2:05 must be pretty slow. Sure. For people who play a lot of Tetris, it is. However, most people would struggle hard to get under 2:30 without investing a lot of time in the game. 

I could give other examples of why I'd never get the platinum, but this example gets my point across.

I had a feeling someone was going to say tetris effect! I hear a LOT of people admitting defeat when it comes to this game. I seen a while back that only under 80 people achieved the plat for it.. curious to see what its at now! 

Danganronpa V3. Ok, don’t get me wrong. The games are AMAZING. However..oh boy. Getting an S rank in Treasure Monolith on mean difficulty is literally impossible unless you have superior luck. I wanna Platinum this game already but I don’t think I will anytime soon  

Edited by DrewFrostStormy
  • Like 4

Trackmania turbo - i recently got the 50 trackmasters but gold on the later tracks seem far too much out of my skill level

Velocity 2x - 3 levels left but they are a right bitch

Arkham asylum - my hands arnt quite quick enough for the combat challenges

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stardroid said:

I'll ask my Grandma with the reaction times of a turtle to Plat me Raiden IV on PS3. I'll let you know in a year or 20 when she has obtained the skill for it

Just tell her where the pause button is and I’m sure she’ll be fine.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, YeWeeScumBag said:

I had a feeling someone was going to say tetris effect! I hear a LOT of people admitting defeat when it comes to this game. I seen a while back that only under 80 people achieved the plat for it.. curious to see what its at now! 

I mean, I am not a completionist and like to only go for certain games, but before I even inserted the disk into my PS4, I was already like, "Yeah, playing this purely for fun." 

Definitely an awesome game though for non-competionists! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I mean, I am not a completionist and like to only go for certain games, but before I even inserted the disk into my PS4, I was already like, "Yeah, playing this purely for fun." 

Definitely an awesome game though for non-competionists! 

couldn't agree more haha! Good luck ? 

Super Meat Boy would be my pick. 

Could I do it? Perhaps, provided I focus my entire energy and time on that specific game. 

WOULD I do it? Hell no! I can't stomach platformers and it would be a "I won but at what cost?" moment. Yeah it would be nice to have but it is not worth the effort for me. 

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 4

Probably most fighting games. When it comes to single player stuff I've already completed a lot of the hardest ones I've set out to do (Sonic Unleashed, Yakuza Zero and Kiwiami, Xcom 2, etc.) but when multiplayer is involved I struggle to compete. Maybe the Devil May Cry series too? I never put in the effort to try and get good at that series yet though, so who knows.

48 minutes ago, DrewFrostStormy said:

Danganronpa V3. Ok, don’t get me wrong. The games are AMAZING. However..oh boy. Getting an S rank in Treasure Monolith on mean difficulty is literally impossible unless you have superior luck. I wanna Platinum this game already but I don’t think I will anytime soon  

Actually that was the first one I got the S rank in.  I just kept on playing it until the luck came to me.  Probably helped that I actually enjoyed the minigame.  I had a much harder time with the racing one.

• Like 1

I have to say that I am currently struggling with the :platinum: for Final Fantasy 7 remake, I have tried every method and even written down other players methods, used Barratt instead of Tifa and I still end up failing the VR Shinra Hard Sim for the Gotterdammarung which would help me for chapters 8-18 on Hard since I was able to do Hard Mode on 1-7.  The game is also taking up 90GB of HD space on my PS4 and its slowing everything down too, so I think I will remove the game app for now and reinstall at a later date when its the only game on the system.  

• Like 2