Name #1 game you would like to platinum but don't possess the skill level to obtain it?

YeWeeScumBag

8 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Anything else? Reason I ask is neither of those sound like they'd practically make it 'harder'. The hardest parts of the game don't involve pinkies or imps (well, imps are pretty much everywhere, but you get the point) and I can't say I ever really paused during an actual level run. Levels ain't that long and besides, IIRC, the game can crash if you keep going at the same level too long. Also, power ups didn't respawn (unless they changed that?) With those things in mind, odds are you'd be restarting some of the levels (particularly dying after burning through a power up) rather than just respawning over and over so... just have a breather between restarts?

The biggest threat is totally hit-scan enemies (that 2nd to last level final sprint, they can chew you up without a 2nd player) and also rooms cluttered with higher health enemies because, if playing solo in coop, you physically don't have enough DPS to clear a room before things start respawning and it can sometimes just feel like you're making absolutely no progress xD

I can't think of any level in the game where those 2 changes would make any real tangible difference. There is one room with an obnoxious amount of pinkies but you can shoot them in safety before going in and will mostly ignore the remainder (just kill enough to get through) meanwhile imps, or most projectiles really, aren't a big threat at all.

I get it, technically you can argue it's objectively 'harder' because those are direct enemy buffs with no seemingly no nerfs... But... in practice I just don't see that doing much. The 2nd to last level isn't going to be made any more difficult and that's the real hurdle to face in a Doom 2 coop Nightmare run.

I supposed maybe it can increase your chances of slipping up to an imp fireball, but that's the least of your worries.

Doom 2s coop Nightmare is totally unfair though, but then it is ultimately made for coop and loners like me playing it solo aren't really playing as intended so I guess I should have expected it to be unfair xD

I only made two points about the changes with the update patches, and not the mechanics that have been in Nightmare from the start. 

The trophy was designed around co-op. You can also make the argument that the local co-op trophy in Resogun on the PS4 is just as unfair because it was designed around the same principle. 

I’ve done some hard gaming challenges in my time, not just what I’ve gotten trophy wise. Technically there are some insanely talented speed runners out there who can probably get through Nightmare in DOOM 2 in just a couple nights. For an old ass game that practically everybody has either heard about or played at this point, this trophy is far from impossible. 

Level design plays a huge part, with Level 7 (Dead Simple) being the first notable spike. Shotgunners, Chaingunners are just as painful as they were on versions 1.00, 1.01, when you had to bypass the stupid Bethesda.net screen. 

Weapon pickups will remain on the spot they spawn in regardless of how many times you die. But unless you’re insanely skilled, it is extremely hectic and difficult to do the level 27 - 29 gauntlet, which is perhaps the roadblock to getting the Nightmare Co-Op trophy.

I feel I can do it because there are some people who already earned the trophy this year in 2021. Right now I’m not in the mood to do it so it’ll be pushed back for a while.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

A few months have passed. I'm still going to say DOOM 2, but I haven't given up on the platinum for the simple fact that you can downgrade to an earlier version. Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing Transformed is perhaps the hardest racing game that I added to my list. I shall see how hard it is in due time.

• Like 1

Gran Turismo Sport is probably never going to be a Platinum I actively go for. I enjoy arcade racing games way more than realistic driving sims but can appreciate a really good one like GT. With time and dedication I could get this Platinum as the three gold trophies are all tied to the Sport mode. Sport mode being online only pretty much seals the deal for me as I have so little desire to play a racing sim game online and compete for first place where one tiny mistake costs you the race.

90+ wins/65 pole positions finishes are certainly achievable, even if I went the route of purposely downgrading my rank a bit to get into 'easier' lobbies, I'm sure I would still face stiff competition though.

• Like 1

Not sure if I responded to this thread before and I am not about to look through all the pages to find out. 

One that comes immediately to mind would be Resistance 2. Obviously cannot now due to servers being shut down.

One can only hope the Resistance trilogy get's a remaster and without MP trophies.  

• Like 1

Ace Combat 7, or any of the series for that matter. 

Love the game, however barely managed it through on easy. Could only play for an hour or so before feeling unwell too. Would take me a crazy amount of time to beat on a higher difficulty, let alone get the platinum. 

KOF 13 is another that comes to mind. I'm not very good at fighting games but some of the trials in that game are absolutely brutal, even for people who are really good! 

• Like 1

I gotta go with Resident Evil 8. The mercenary mode this time around feels like such a slog. It’s the last trophy I need and I’ve platinumed every other numbered RE title for the most part, so missing 8 feels brutal but I just don’t think I have it in me… 

On my current profile, probably Crash Bandicoot 4. Overall though I would say Shiness the Lightning Kingdom or whatever it's called. I've tried three times to go for that platinum bit each time I just get sidetracked with other games. Not even sure if I want to try on this profile. 

Downwell. But rather than not possessing the skill I don't possess the patience and committment for now.

I know I'll be playing it until I'll earn the plat and that means I'll most likely won't be playing anything else. That's what's holding me back to return to it for now. 

I only played it on Vita, but I guess there are no differences if playing it on PS4, right?

PS3 Mirrors Edge

Love the game.......so different.....tuff but fair challenge i believe.

I just cant finish the time trials quick enough for stars.....

I've put the hours in ! I even bought a new controller hoping it would be more responsive/accurate.

Looking forward to playing the newer PS4 edition sometime in the future.

Happy Gaming

Peace

• 3 weeks later...

Not a game I haven't played yet, but VVVVVV I managed to pick up when it was on PS Plus. Maybe. I don't remember.

This is a brutally hard platformer, and it has a trophy for completing the entire game in one sitting without dying. I don't know. Might be one of the first games where I actually do throw in the towel.