Name #1 game you would like to platinum but don't possess the skill level to obtain it?

YeWeeScumBag

Seconded on Street Fighter, or any fighting game really. Just not a set of skills I possess, but I love the sports aspect of it.

I can vouch for the difficulty of Tetris Effect, too, but I promise you that anyone can do it if they’re determined. I went from next-to-zero Tetris skill—actually didn’t even know what a “Tetris” was in-game—to platting that game over the course of one year (about 230 hours), just by sticking at it. Obviously, I understand why any sane person wouldn’t want do that, though!

Edited by JD-D2

any roguelike/lite. I can play games like Dark Souls that spit you back to a bonfire. I do not have the patience and calm mind needed to survive being thrown back to the start of the game. Xenon Valkyrie and Dead Cells are games I want to be good at, but know I'll never be able to dedicate the time to becoming good enough.

5 hours ago, xh117 said:

Silent Hill 2 would be nice to go alongside my Silent Hill 3 plat but I don't think I could do it.

4 hours ago, Snake_1302 said:

That's a good answer. I love horror games and Silent Hill, but Silent Hill 2 seems very intimidating with all the requirements for the green hyper spray alone. I've been putting off the HD collection for a while because of it.

I couldn’t think of anything but after reading these I realized  “same here”.

I only ever played SH2 on PS2 and I don’t know the game that well but I do have the HD collection myself. I feel like if I did know as much as I do with Resident Evil Code Veronica X then it would be somewhat of a same situation as going for the linear launcher in it vs going for green hyper spray in SH2. That’s the only thing I can compare it to but I’m not sure how comparable they are difficulty wise.

Maybe I’m lacking courage/knowledge more than skills, although the controls/glitches can really screw you.

Probably Death Stranding. Maybe one of my top 5 games of all time but it’s not a game that lends itself to just popping back into the post game to grind after being away from it for so long. I don’t think I would want to sully my initial love for it doing that. 

Also Injustice. I have two stacks of it on my profile and I the grind seems insane 

I'm about to attempt I Am Bread and if I do that then I'll do My name is Mayo and then Super Meat Boy for the full sandwich trio. I'm already a bit used to the controls of I Am Bread seeing as it's been one of my other half's favourite games for years but Super Meat Boy is no joke to take on with no practice. I'll just have to trust in my belief of practice and repetition,

• Like 1

For me it'll definitely be any of the guitar hero games. Not that I'm bad at them, but I guess I don't possess the skill level to convince Activision to bring the servers back, but that's on me lol.

Same situation with the DLC for Borderlands GOTY (JP) but that's a bit of a different situation.

Past that, I don't think I've ever actually started a game that I think would be completely impossible for me to platinum. A very difficult one for me this year has definitely got to be Audica, but I know that I can beat it eventually.

Definitely Final Fantasy IX!

A game that means so much to me for personal reasons but seeing that jump rope trophy is discouraging to platinum, I have tried multiple times but no luck whatsoever.

Hopefully one day I will get it but my love for this game hasn't been tainted by the frustration of this trophy. ?

5 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

Super Meat Boy. I clawed my way through the game and especially the ironman trophies for several years on and off, finally unlocking all of them except Impossible Boy. Turns out Impossible Boy is several steps above Zombie Boy and Girl Boy and definitely above what my skills allow me to possibly do. I practiced the shit out of the levels, but when I actually compared death statistics I realized that I did not make any meassurable progress anymore in way over 10 hours of playing the levels, which were added onto all the other hours I practiced them. This basically told me that I reached my skill cap and would not improve any further, but the number of deaths per run was still way over 50 just for the 3 hardest levels, which combined with deaths for medium hard levels and choke deaths due to being nervous whenever a lucky run appears meant that I could put 200 hours or more into it and still most likely would not get close to earning it, so I simply gave up and buried my goal to reach 100% completion.

Different people have different skill caps for games that require things like insane reflexes, perfect timing and muscle memory, at some point you will run into physical limitations and if they are making it too unlikely to unlock a trophy, then giving up becomes the only logical choice, not everyone can unlock every trophy.

I've heard plenty of stories of players that had to play the levels in Dark Cotton Alley for 50+ hours in order to achieve their deathless run. 10 hours is almost nothing. Personally, I could barely get a 5-level streak going at 10 hours. Chances are that the muscle memory for the more difficult levels hadn't developed yet, you got discouraged, and gave up too early.

I think these "physical limitations" you're talking about is imaginary (at least in this case). You just need more determination and the willingness to put in the practice. If you actually play the levels in Dark Cotton Alley for 200+ hours and still see no noticeable improvement, then I'd start to buy your argument. But trust me when I say that it is not out of your reach. You've tricked yourself into believing a lie.

Edited by ExistentialSolid
  • Like 3

Broken Planet 2. It Requires 500 tasks, one of which was getting top rank on a leaderboard that was never reset, just to get one trophy, and i'm pretty sure servers are close now, so this Planet is definetely lost

Super meat boy is another one, i would love to get it, but i suck at platformers

1 hour ago, THEULTRAMEMELORD said:

Injustice 1.
Battle mode is to hard and I don't have a turbo controller so can't get it.

Have you read about the method where you can basically boost this without a turbo controller? It is on this site.

1 hour ago, OakfieldPark said:

I'm about to attempt I Am Bread and if I do that then I'll do My name is Mayo and then Super Meat Boy for the full sandwich trio. I'm already a bit used to the controls of I Am Bread seeing as it's been one of my other half's favourite games for years but Super Meat Boy is no joke to take on with no practice. I'll just have to trust in my belief of practice and repetition,

Check out @Bushido_Cypher‘s great guide regarding I am Bread! Moreover: There are a lot of videos regarding Super Meat Boy as well. I used to watch a couple before I even started practicing a world in order to know how other people approach the various levels :) you can do it.

As for myself:

Street Fighter 

This trophy image is just sexy! Downside is, I absolutely hate this game, it feels like you have to move a piece of wood and perform various combos with it. No thanks.

Crypt of the Necrodancer

No further information needed ?

I did not write down Badland for instance, since I might give it a try and go for the plat.

@Jasko_SOA I don’t know, Badland is also up there as being pretty insane. 

People thought the platinum was unobtainable until @Floriiss and his guys tackled the co op and got it. That dude is fucking good. Did stuff like Mein Leben in a very impressive time frame, has other hard as nails games like Asseto Corsa done. 

Yeah @Bushido_Cypher is definitely the guy to watch for I Am Bread. Did Surgeon Simulator which is mostly regarded as being considerably easier than IAB. Going to see how he got the harder Ambulance surgeries done.

Edited by Spaz

14 minutes ago, Spaz said:

@Jasko_SOA I don’t know, Badland is also up there as being pretty insane. 

People thought the platinum was unobtainable until @Floriiss and his guys tackled the co op and got it. That dude is fucking good. Did stuff like Mein Leben in a very impressive time frame, has other hard as nails games like Asseto Corsa done. 

Yeah @Bushido_Cypher is definitely the guy to watch for I Am Bread. Did Surgeon Simulator which is mostly regarded as being considerably easier than IAB. Going to see how he got the harder Ambulance surgeries done.

Do you know what trophy people were referring to in particular when they thought that Badland is impossible?

From what I can tell by checkibg the trophy list is that this game is particularly long because of all the clones you have to save. I can imagine that this demotivates people.

yeah @Floriiss is probably having the best profile ever, no doubt. It is cool to see a profile like that, considering all the amount of Ratalaika games coming out nowadays.

You will get the ambulance surgeries eventually! Sometimes, when the ambulance bumps into something, this fortunately works to your favor. Only trouble I had was with that eye surgery, but this surgery is just stupid because so many things have to go right.