YeWeeScumBag

Name #1 game you would like to platinum but don't possess the skill level to obtain it?

277 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Jasko_SOA said:

Correct, I am not sure, but I think that only the host gets credit for saved clones/played games. So if my theory is correct then you can multiply the requirements by 2 in order for both participants to get the respective trophies😅😅


Oh man, so the bar raises even higher! It’s time to do some research and preparations I think.

 

Edit: Didn’t mean to quote twice

3 hours ago, Jasko_SOA said:
Edited by Eqill5
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yakuza Kiwami. I really loved that game but I just do not have the patience for all the minigames and such. Got other things to do or play lol. Along with that, when I finally get around to playing it, Yakuza 0 will probably join kiwami if it's list is similar. 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Eqill5 said:


Oh man, so the bar raises even higher! It’s time to do some research and preparations I think.

 

Edit: Didn’t mean to quote twice

I will let you know when I know a bit more, will test it with a friend soon.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I would love to Plat the Dead or Alive fighting games but I'm all fingers and thumbs when it comes to reaction times so getting certain trophies is out of the question :(.

I was trying to plat DOA 5 but the multiplayer is dead! I managed to find 1 match after searching for an hour..

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Devil May Cry 5 for me. I don't mind difficulty and I love the Souls games but I'm not great with combos. DMC just always seems out of reach for me.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ExistentialSolid said:

I get what you're saying but I'm convinced that precision, like other skills, can be developed by almost anyone over time. I don't believe it's a skill set you either "have" or "don't have." I'm sure we'd agree, for example, that speedrunners don't just wake up one day suddenly capable of performing dozens of consecutive frame-perfect inputs on command. They have to practice and practice until their precision (or at least their game-specific precision) resembles a razor-sharp tool.

 

That is subjective. Some people develop their skills very quickly, others don't. As a baseball fan who follows the majors I can acknowledge Mike Trout and Bryce Harper having tremendous talent and ability that less than 99.9 percent of baseball players can be able to emulate. Athletes of that ability are good in many other sports. They are still better than most in playing golf, but they probably wouldn't compete against Tiger Woods, let's be honest here.

 

I don't find that amount of precision and time to be fun in the least. If I was going to be a competitive speedrunner I might as well get paid for it. There are Street Fighter tournaments with people who can practically steam roll over the people here on PSNProfiles who earned all the trophies in Super Street Fighter IV ranked highest amongst the fastest achievers. Now Street Fighter as a whole has an incredibly steep learning curve and while I can admit it's a little easy to pick up and play, it is insanely difficult to master. There are players who can dominate with Dhalsim, who I generally regard as one of the hardest to master, an inexperienced player can easily get pummeled by an incompetent Ryu or Ken player.

 

I like trophies because they give me an extra incentive, when I finish most games I move on from them. Speedrunning with the ability of those competitive players is something I could never do in my lifetime.

 

8 hours ago, ExistentialSolid said:

As for the other challenging games you've mentioned, I agree, there will always be someone better. I wasn't trying to place myself on a pedestal; there are plenty of profiles far more impressive than mine. I just wanted to try putting trophy hunting into perspective when looking at the wider scope of gaming challenge. Trophy hunters are like the "jack-of-all-trades, master of none" (and almost anyone can become a jack of a trade).

 

That was the point I was trying to make from the start of my last post.

 

You got a lot of Ultra Rares and you basically are #1 in some games, such as Atari Flashback Classics. My account in comparison is far inferior to yours, so whether you want to say yours is better or not is up to you. But I don't play for competition and I'm typically bad in a lot of games in general.

 

My advice however is don't try to overly convince others to finish a game if they remain stubborn. Just a tip, because I've had people snap back at me for saying a particular game wasn't that bad when they thought it was horrible. The guy you were talking to has a habit of thinking that way. When you're forcing yourself to finish a bunch of games that is causing you great stress and pressure, then make a giant wall of text on your profile about how said game is a giant piece of shit that should never have been created, then you need to rethink your priorities. Throwing the same platitudes over and over again.

Edited by Spaz
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Spaz said:

 

That is subjective. Some people develop their skills very quickly, others don't. As a baseball fan who follows the majors I can acknowledge Mike Trout and Bryce Harper having tremendous talent and ability that less than 99.9 percent of baseball players can be able to emulate. Athletes of that ability are good in many other sports. They are still better than most in playing golf, but they probably wouldn't compete against Tiger Woods, let's be honest here.

 

I don't find that amount of precision and time to be fun in the least. If I was going to be a competitive speedrunner I might as well get paid for it. There are Street Fighter tournaments with people who can practically steam roll over the people here on PSNProfiles who earned all the trophies in Super Street Fighter IV ranked highest amongst the fastest achievers. Now Street Fighter as a whole has an incredibly steep learning curve and while I can admit it's a little easy to pick up and play, it is insanely difficult to master. There are players who can dominate with Dhalsim, who I generally regard as one of the hardest to master, an inexperienced player can easily get pummeled by an incompetent Ryu or Ken player.

 

I like trophies because they give me an extra incentive, when I finish most games I move on from them. Speedrunning with the ability of those competitive players is something I could never do in my lifetime.

 

 

That was the point I was trying to make from the start of my last post.

 

You got a lot of Ultra Rares and you basically are #1 in some games, such as Atari Flashback Classics. My account in comparison is far inferior to yours, so whether you want to say yours is better or not is up to you. But I don't play for competition and I'm typically bad in a lot of games in general.

 

My advice however is don't try to overly convince others to finish a game if they remain stubborn. Just a tip, because I've had people snap back at me for saying a particular game wasn't that bad when they thought it was horrible. The guy you were talking to has a habit of thinking that way. When you're forcing yourself to finish a bunch of games that is causing you great stress and pressure, then make a giant wall of text on your profile about how said game is a giant piece of shit that should never have been created, then you need to rethink your priorities. Throwing the same platitudes over and over again.

that profile advice is most definently the wrong way to go about things. If you find a game frustrating, don't just start going on a tangent and calling it a piece of shit. You'll only get rightful hate from it, just some advice

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

that profile advice is most definently the wrong way to go about things. If you find a game frustrating, don't just start going on a tangent and calling it a piece of shit. You'll only get rightful hate from it, just some advice

 

That is true, but I can't say I'm not guilty because I've made some rants on some games.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KaitlinXH said:

Black ops 3

The platinum for Black Ops 3 honestly isn’t too bad, at least in terms of difficulty, it’s just very grindy. If you’re having trouble with the combat simulator on realistic difficulty, there is an invincibility glitch.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ExistentialSolid said:


Look, I sympathize with your position. I used to believe that any remotely impressive gaming feat was completely beyond my skill level. But you have to understand that you're vastly overestimating the talent required to trophy hunt. Trophy hunting is the lowest possible form of gaming achievement. The feats that the greatest speedrunners and esports players can do are light-years beyond anything the very best trophy hunter can do. 

This is not entirely true and they are two separate things. Players who go for trophies/challenges tend to play a wide variety of games and are more of a Jack of all trades, while an esports player or speedrunner focus on one game and frequently spend many thousands of hours on one specific game/series. It's more about doing a wide variety of hard challenges quickly imo, because most challenges can be done eventually with enough time investment in them, similarly to how there are many speedrunners out there who are mediocre players who have just practiced a game for years. Also it should be noted that many speedruns and WRs are from these challenge players, although typically as a game ages, the dedicated speedrunners who are a lower skill level but spend significantly longer practicing specifically for speed will set new records.

 

Also, the people who have 100%'ed Sine Mora, Splasher, SMB, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Retro/Grade etc. are oftentimes near or at the top of the leaderboard, despite just going for 100% and not focusing on score or speed. Take for example Horheristo, he is much better than even the best trophy hunters I know and not only does he set WRs and speedruns regularly, he does these with minimal time spent in the games. I have no doubt if he spent a fraction as long as some of these speedrunners do, he could set similar records (and sometimes his records he sets in the first week of release are never topped).

 

Ultimately though, I just find trophy hunting a lot more fun because you play a variety of games and have a wide breadth of knowledge/abilities and still challenge yourself, but without having to spend thousands of hours performing the same repetitive task in one game. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, machaesthetic said:

This is not entirely true and they are two separate things.[...]


I understand but I think you might be muddying the argument a bit when you suggest that trophy hunting is "more about doing a wide variety of hard challenges quickly." This, as you've admitted, is a more subjective and personal definition of what "good" trophy hunting is to you. You are sort of blending trophy hunting and speedrunning here which makes comparing the two much more complicated. I'm sure there are talented trophy hunters that could earn WRs in some games early on, but, inevitably, these WRs are going to be taken away by dedicated speedrunners over time, assuming that the game is somewhat competitive.

I think you may be making an unnecessary assumption when you suggest that some top speedrunners are "mediocre players" that have a "lower skill level" than the best trophy hunters. Frame-perfect annihilation of a game takes an absurd amount of skill that needs to be built up over time. The difference is that much of their skill may only be demonstrable in their specific speedrunning game.  

What I was trying to focus on as a key difference between trophy hunters and speedrunners/esports players was the difficulty of their individual achievements. A trophy hunter may boast that they have any number of the most difficult platinums out there, but none of those platinums will, individually, be more difficult than achieving a WR in a competitive game like SM64 or a championship title in a competitive game like Fortnite. 

The appeal of trophy hunting, as you've pointed out, is that you're not chained to one game for thousands of hours. You get to enjoy a wide variety of content. But the cost of that appeal is that there will likely never be individual feats that are going to be anywhere near as difficult or more impressive than that of the best speedrunners or esports players. 

Edited by ExistentialSolid
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Imagine the real rarity level of hard plats if there were no youtube/video services. Even the hardest games are somewhat "easier" to go for the plat when someone watches dozens of videos showing how to do specific actions/beat bosses/beat sections of the game. I think that using this kind of "cheat" diminishes the merits of the plat. What do you guys think?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rocam315 said:

I Imagine the real rarity level of hard plats if there were no youtube/video services. Even the hardest games are somewhat "easier" to go for the plat when someone watches dozens of videos showing how to do specific actions/beat bosses/beat sections of the game. I think that using this kind of "cheat" diminishes the merits of the plat. What do you guys think?

I do agree with this one, the rarity level would be a lot lower in my opinion. I like to do blind playthroughs and search each area as thoroughly as possible, once I reach sticking point then I will refer to a guide. That being said I have followed a guide from start to finish on certain games.. usually the ones I don't care too much for. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a list

 

Fortnite I don’t like multiplayer battle mode much so it’s a clear sign that I will never play or try to platinum this game. I played it for fun on another account.

 

Crypt of the necrodancer 900h? 10/10? I will pass this one thanks. It’s not my type either so wouldn’t bother with it.


Games that I think I can pull off with enough practice and skills

 

Super meat boy I convinced myself to play this game cause I quite like 3D platforms but just looking at it makes me sick already...and platinum? Lord just no...

 

Surgeon simulator I know that I can platinum this game if my sanity from wolfenstein 2 comes back a bit....my biggest problems is awful controls cause I rage a lot when those things happens. When I have enough freetime I will grind the hell outta this game hopefully...

 

Dead space 2, Mirror Edge and Surgeon simulator is the games that I will really be glad to play one day or before the end of the year ☺️
But the PS5 is coming up so the plans can change a bit I still didn’t preorder it yet.

Edited by FearlessElle
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FearlessElle said:

Here is a list

 

Fortnite I don’t like multiplayer battle mode much so it’s a clear sign that I will never play or try to platinum this game. I played it for fun on another account.

 

Crypt of the necrodancer 900h? 10/10? I will pass this one thanks. It’s not my type either so wouldn’t bother with it.

 

Games that I think I can pull off with enough practice and skills

 

Super meat boy I convinced myself to play this game cause I quite like 3D platforms but just looking at it makes me sick already...and platinum? Lord just no...

 

Surgeon simulator I know that I can platinum this game if my sanity from wolfenstein 2 comes back a bit....my biggest problems is awful controls cause I rage a lot when those things happens. When I have enough freetime I will grind the hell outta this game hopefully...

 

Dead space 2, Mirror Edge and Surgeon simulator is the games that I will really be glad to play one day or before the end of the year 263a.png
But the PS5 is coming up so the plans can change a bit I still didn’t preorder it yet.

There is no trophies for the battle royale mode in fortnite, all of the trophys lie in "Save the world" PVE campaign. Not sure if that makes a difference to you lol 👍

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.