End PS3/VITA Content and PS4 Avatars on PSN Store (Wish list resurrected!)

Bernardinho47_

PS3 nad PV lifetime  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Sony must end PS3 and VITA's features?

• Yeah, of course! It must move on with PS5.
    • No, PS3 and PSVITA are good consoles and they must prevail.

As you probably have already heard, the PS3/VITA products, as games, DLCs and all the content from these platforms will be removed from PS Store on Web/Mobile on 18th OCt.. So now you will only be able to buy anything from PS3 on PS3 Store and VITA on PSVITA Store. Also, the wishlist will be removed from Website/Mobile, and PS5 will have a new store with another wishlist and probably new features, so if you want to buy anything, take notes from what you want to get, because it seems Sony is not able to integrate it with PS5.

?

• Like 1

For all we know, the codebase for the PlayStation Store is an absolute mess. I recall when they updated the store before the PlayStation 4 released, it was prettier, but it was super slow on PlayStation 3. I used it recently and it loaded faster and has less latency. If they've rebuilt the Store, I'm happy to try it out, as long as the PS3 will retain its store.

This will make going back to clean up DLC trophies in old PS3 games more trouble than it's worth. Accessing the store from my PS3 barely works, and my download list is a total mess of disorganized content spanning over ten years, so it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

Sony is hilariously inept when it comes to these things.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Official source from Sony? I only hear about rumour and reports, but no official words from Sony, as a sort of notice.

I've been trying to find this as well, but all I'm finding links back to that French website that initially reported on it.

Thinking about it, if this actually is going to happen on the 19th, just over a week from now, you'd think Sony would have made some kind of public announcement already. They announced the end of PS3 and Vita PS Plus games a whole year in advance after all, you'd think they'd at least give us a 2 weeks heads up or something on a brand new PSN store on browser/mobile that prevents you from buying content for older systems. Then again, they sprung the trophy levelling update on us literally the day they announced it so who knows, maybe Sony likes awful surprises now or something.

I don't doubt Sony would do something like this, but I do hope it isn't true. I'm mainly dubious of the fact of the timing and the fact there still really isn't anything concretely official on this yet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stedde said:

Why make it harder to make money?

The amount of money Sony makes from the PS3 and VITA stores is probably a tiny percentage of all sales compared to what sells on PS4. I imagine they've run an analysis of what it would cost them to keep selling those games on mobile and web storefronts (maintenance and upkeep, etc.) and determined it's not worth it.

I also remember Jim Ryan saying something like they want as many gamers to move on to PS5 as quickly as possible. This may be part of that plan.

They've probably concluded that the remaining players who really want to purchase PS3 and VITA games are willing to deal with the system storefronts to purchase those games. And they're probably right.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

The amount of money Sony makes from the PS3 and VITA stores is probably a tiny percentage of all sales compared to what sells on PS4. I imagine they've run an analysis of what it would cost them to keep selling those games on mobile and web storefronts (maintenance and upkeep, etc.) and determined it's not worth it.

I also remember Jim Ryan saying something like they want as many gamers to move on to PS5 as quickly as possible. This may be part of that plan.

They've probably concluded that the remaining players who really want to purchase PS3 and VITA games are willing to deal with the system storefronts to purchase those games. And they're probably right.

You are right.
It makes sense.

But just a bit curious how hard/big change it actually is to keep it as is. ?

• Like 1

If they remove my wishlist i'll be pissed, i got 81 games on there. Really hope it carries over to the new store as i don't feel like writing them all down on Notepad.

There is also no reason not to show PS3/Vita games in the web store. The web store should show all content in the store since it's not tied to a specific console. Would be incredibly stupid to only show PS4/5 content in the browser store.

Change is good, but not always, if it ain't broke don't fix it imho.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

If they remove my wishlist i'll be pissed, i got 81 games on there. Really hope it carries over to the new store as i don't feel like writing them all down on Notepad.

Won't carry over. The new library site is already up and it doesn't seem to remember anything from your wishlist, regardless of system. I'd suggest taking the time to make a copy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

ctrl a, ctrl c, ctrl v dude. i just did it.

fuck sony anyways

the fact ps4 doesnt even show other consoles shouldve been a sign

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mercenary09 said:

Yeah this change sucks. Certain games don't show up on the store on the Vita which means you won't even be able to get them anymore. When I get the PS3 store to load it doesn't let me buy anything. Every game I click on loads but the purchase button is never on the listing. This is BS.

Example?

• 1 month later...

I have a small question that I want to be explained if possible.

Is it still possible to purchase any kind of avatar or Theme for the PS4 at the console store or via desktop website?

Because there is one that I've been wanting to purchase but I can't seem to find it no matter what.

Thanks for your time, any response will be welcomed! (^w^)/

2 hours ago, ToaElnida said:

Is it still possible to purchase any kind of avatar or Theme for the PS4 at the console store or via desktop website?

Because there is one that I've been wanting to purchase but I can't seem to find it no matter what.

I think you can still buy them from the ps4 store:)

Not on desktop website though, nor the app, just ps4's own store

2 hours ago, ToaElnida said:

Try this link
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/home/games?smcid=psapp

NOTE :

Not every country store worked.

If you want to change the country store, just change the language-country (en-us).