PlayStation's new censorship making you move away from the brand?

The_Mighty_Ducks

I don't like censorship but I still buy the games despite that for Sony's Consoles, as their consoles are what I play the most of.

Besides that I may pick up an uncensored version for Switch or PC if available and the difference is that big. Agony for example buggy game as it can be I own on PS4, Switch and PC for the different censored versions.

It's more often than not done for dumb reasons, but I can't say that that alone would make me jump from... well, any one system to the next. Game censorship was a thing back then, a thing now, and it's something that's probably never going to go away. Choosing to play or not play something based on censorship would probably leave all of us with only a handful to choose from.

Edited by RedRodriguez87

to me censorship "never" is a big deal when it comes to games quality in general, you dont play a senran kagura game just for the obvious fanservice, a game also need other things like graphics, music, gameplay, modes of game, etc.

Based the success or failure of a company in general just because they censor a certain cutscene in a game, or certain character didnt show that much skin in a game is giving fanservice too much importance (by the way, nintendo technically has censor some of thier First party games this generation, did they technically also deserved to be called SWJ for that?), also be careful about all this because if you really put so much effort into critic sony because they decide to censor a certian scene/character dress, you pretty much are telling people that you care more about the fanservice that the game in general, and that is a dangerous thing this days, especially when you going around telling people "this people tried to censor my titties!, is a crime against human rights!" or something like that, just because you cant see a chick in a hot bikini in one scene because of it does not mean that the game is doomed to fail or that sony is censor everything that has a hint of fanservice

AccessEngage21.png

• Like 1

Move away from the brand not so much. It is however interesting to watch them more or less change places with Nintendo when it comes to this kind of thing. I won't be picking up a PS5 anytime soon for a number of reasons and though I stand firmly on the side of not wanting my games to be altered, or developers feeling the need to preemptively make changes to avoid having to make alterations later, it's pretty low in overall consideration so far as the entire platform is concerned. If a title is heavily altered, I might pick it up on a different platform, but a decent number of the "censorship" concerns are occurring in already heavily censored console releases. The Nintendo version might have less censorship than Sony's, but the PC release will often be 18+ with actual explicit content. So far as exclusives go, well, I've dealt with Nintendo for years, and while I don't particularly enjoy supporting heavily altered titles like Tokyo Mirage Sessions I'm also fully aware that not supporting such titles is the worse option as it will mean fewer or at least cheaper localization in the future. Ultimately, it's down to the individual to weigh all these things and remain informed.

when it comes to censorship, i usually don't pay much attention to it since i am usually focusing on the game itself vs the nudity in the game. i can usually live without it, if i wanted to see nudity i would look online. its mostly the gameplay that i have fun playing