Are you happy with your new level milestones?

Golem25

Thread title says it all; the update to PSNP's level history page seems to have rolled out, meaning your old milestones (which many, including myself, timed exactly to coincide with rare or noteworthy Trophies) have been replaced with new ones that no one could have possibly planned out.

So, what's the damage? Any lucky strikes from this almost random draw? Unhappy with odd and inconsequential Trophies appearing for big milestones like lv 300 or 400? Or could you not care less? Tell me, show me; I'd love to know and discuss!

To kick things off, here are some of my new highlights - hardly a good replacement for the Yakuza and Persona milestones I had set up in years past, but what can you do? I think Welcome to SEGA is my new fave - and it's quite the coincidence that both GTA Trophies that appear have similar names and icons;

sdadsdads.png

Edited by Golem25
  • Like 1

I'm pretty disappointed by the new lv up trophies. I had Complete God of War PS3 and Complete God of War II PS3 as two early consecutive unplanned milestones for example. I had 8 platinum trophies, 6 planned all gone. I worked on Just Cause 3 Plat as trophy lv 50 :(

Only good thing among the new lv up trophies is Unravel 2 Platinum trophy :)

Besides that i'm really surprised that no lv 1 trophy is still shown on psnp :(

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

I dont give a F* about new system they should fix it first then upgrade it. So Im getting eu region game dont end up with chinese list i dont understand. Ps. Old System imho was better. But its sony way to do, lets make it big and pretty (good, clear to read? who give a shit) 

I never looked athe Level Milestones before and I don't look at them now, because they are not important for me. So I'm fine with the new system.                                                                

43 minutes ago, Golem25 said:

Thread title says it all; the update to PSNP's level history page seems to have rolled out, meaning your old milestones (which many, including myself, timed exactly to coincide with rare or noteworthy Trophies) have been replaced with new ones that no one could have possibly planned out.

So, what's the damage? Any lucky strikes from this almost random draw? Unhappy with odd and inconsequential Trophies appearing for big milestones like lv 300 or 400? Or could you not care less? Tell me, show me; I'd love to know and discuss!

To kick things off, here are some of my new highlights - hardly a good replacement for the Yakuza and Persona milestones I had set up in years past, but what can you do? I think Welcome to SEGA is my new fave - and it's quite the coincidence that both GTA Trophies that appear have similar names and icons;

sdadsdads.png

Your Level Milestone for Level 240 is great, the best you can get.

Edited by Sikutai

I didn’t even know the page was a thing somehow, snd can’t say I care, but I do feel bad for people who put some effort into getting the list how they like it only for it to go to shit.

As to my list now, I have some of my favourite games of the gen represented, like Astro bot and Criminal Girls, so I’m happy with that.

Only 2 plats, but one is from Akiba’s Trip, which was a good game.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

Couldn’t even guess what my old ones were and I was only level 15. 

Ever since I started hiding my completed games, I couldn’t tell you what any of my milestones for anything actually are. 

New system doesn’t bother me at all. 

I do appreciate that they stopped at 999 though. I think that’s cooler than 1,000. 

I don't care personally, never did. I didn't plan the milestones or anything like that. Although having a plat from Final Fantasy XIII-2 at lvl 110 brings out some surprisingly good memories of this game. Wouldn't mind a remaster actually. And as a Tekken addict of sorts, Tekken Tag 2 platinum making an appearance in lvl history is kinda nice too. 

Because of how insanely fast early levels are it is weird often seeing 2 of the 10 level milestones in a row be of the same game xD but honestly I prefer how my level history is now than before.

I've never paid any real attention to level ups or anything so I had just random trophies everywhere, not that it's any different now, but the random trophies it shows are more interesting I find and almost more representative of those eras (I even have something fire related for 420! What are the chances!)

NO WAY, I was plodding away at a relatively decent pace towards Level 50, 10 years of muscle memory made me accustomed to how roughly how many trophies are needed for each level, and I had friends that were close to me so it was always nice to feel close to them.

Now I'm suddenly 500+ and my friends are hundreds of levels away now. The more trophy levels there are, the more worthless and meaning every level becomes.

The sense of progression for me has gone now. Pointless decision by Sony. Why not just unlock the current cap to 255, and then 512 etc later? Using the current point system was fine.

I never got to reach lvl 50, or even lvl 100 for that, jumping all the way up to 500+ for no reason, I feel so sense of progression at all. My friend was at something like 94, he was looking forward to celebrating at lvl 100, but now he can't and of course he is angry about it.

Edited by enaysoft

I did actually go for specific trophies for specific levels. I actually put some effort into it too. This seems like Sony doing something for the sake of doing it, without much care or consideration. But the only people it affects are people who are very serious about the makeup of their accounts - so not the people Sony is afraid of upsetting. And yet, here we mostly are, still without a ps5 preorder to speak of anyway.