Are you happy with your new level milestones?

Golem25

The update doesn't make any difference to me but the whole thing certainly feels like a missed opportunity to properly raise the cap for those who care about it. Thankfully I never messed around with milestone planning, but if this is what it takes to get progress tracking next gen I'm all for it.

• Like 1

There's still quite a few easy game trophies here and there but I'm not gonna lie, I like how my level history looks now more than the one before.

Edited by PepsiMaxVanilla

my trophy milestones are the same so i dont care. if your talking about level history (which is whats in your picture) i never look at that so i dont care about that either. with that being said this update still sucks. its going to take a long time of analyzing it for my brain to even register the difference in levels but i think after that it might be ok. my rule of thumb is to just knock the 3rd digit off peoples levels and you get a estimate of the old system. 590 is near 59, 490 is near 49. thats how i deal with it for now. the system would of been ok if it was originally introduced this way. but not when you have people who have been doing the old system for 12 years. this is like when myspace thought it would be a good idea to change its layout. im glad the site got all the kinks worked out though. they arent to blame for this. still love the site and the stuff they do for us. psn gave us a feature nobody asked for lol. it doesnt even seem like new gamers like this system. i have alot of low level starter friends who were under rank 20 and they all say "this doesnt even seem fair at all, i didnt work for this" usually change is implemented to adapt to a younger new generation. but even they dont like it lol

I’ve not actually looked tbh. I never really knew when the levels would increase and what trophies I’d need to earn to do that, so I just played whatever. The only milestones I’ve been choosy for are my platinum ones. I found this site just after I earned number 10 so all my other ones I tried to pick games that I enjoyed to be a milestone. The new levels seem a bit redundant to me though. I’m glad it’s easier to earn now, but I wish it didn’t recalculate your level. It’s weird jumping from 21 to 338 without any effort on my part, so now I view the levels as even more pointless and the satisfaction from levelling up isn’t there ??‍♀️

Nope. I want them to revert it because it's just a participation cookie to get more people into trophy hunting, which will get them buying more of the trophy shovelware (I'm an offender myself, not complaining about the games lmao). So in my eyes it's a scheme to get more money, which is pretty smart actually, but I don't like the new trophy levels a bit. The one tweak I wish they'd change is at level 100 instead of having it say 1%, make the bar completely full with no percentage. That would look *way* better.

Didn’t even know it was a thing until I saw this which says everything about my views on it. Couldn’t care less.

I will take this opportunity to voice my disliking of the new system though. Progression seems worthless now. I was 39 beforehand making progress was slow but felt like a challenge and rewarding. getting a platinum and seeing it creep towards the next level felt like an achievement. Fast forward to now, I started at 495 on about 10% progress after the change having done maybe 20-30% of medievil’s trophies, I’ve since platinumed the game and played nothing else and I’m just about to hit 496, a full level for less than one game platinumed. It doesn’t feel earned, it feels cheap and throwaway. There’s no reason why they couldn’t have just raised the cap instead of changing everything. It’s typical of the whole desire to have a constant reachable carrot on the stick that plagues society.

Personally I don’t care that much as I never really planned any milestones. The few times I have planned out a milestone, it’s been more for my own enjoyment and without the PSNP level history in mind. I do feel bad for the folks who regularly do this though, as this is now one of the unforeseen consequences of the new system. ☹️

15 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

Im not bothered by milestones because I never planned them out anyway. 

Im just bummed Sony half assed this level update. They should have just raised the level cap to 999 instead of adjusting everyone's trophy levels. 

Because the people who dont care about their level wouldnt notice the change and the people who do care will be annoyed.

It is a change that doesnt really serve anyone.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SnowbellKitty said:

This is a bit off-topic (but I don't think it requires a new thread), but my rarest (ultra rare) trophies are all PS3 ones, and it kinda puzzles me as to why it never gets updated with PS4 ones. PS3 still had the largest installbase for a time, so the fact my ID is new (2018) is not a factor, as many others probably had the chance to score these same trophies still throughout 2014 to at least 2016. In my case, PS3 was all I had until 2019's xmas, so there are probably other people whom also just now have a PS4. (PS5 annoys me, this gen went by too quickly, but that's another subject). Since it probably took a while for the PS4 installbase to grow as large as the PS3 one, why is it not the plataform with the rarest trophies today? I don't get it. It's not that it bugs me to see PS3 data on my rarest trophies, because I like those games, it's just that, not only was I sick and tired of the PS3 way before I was finally able to get rid of it, I thought I'd see changes to that data over time, and now it seems it will never happen. It kinda ruins the fun of looking at your own data, since it never changes. I can understand milestones not changing, but ultra rares too? That's a bummer.

As for levels or level milestones, I never cared about them, so...

I think you misunderstand what the rarest trophy section is showing. It's not showing your rarest trophies relative to the entire install base, it's showing your rarest trophies relative to the people that own those games. So if you have an ultra rare PS3 trophy it's likely to stay that rare because there's so few people still actually attempting to get those trophies and any new player who starts playing to get all the trophies is only going to move the percentage slightly. There's also the fact that a large amount of PS3 games with multiplayer now have an unobtainable platinum.

As for why your rarest trophies are from PS3. A lot of it has to do with PS3 trophies in general being harder to get, as time went on AAA developers in particular started to make their trophy lists easier and now it's pretty noteworthy for a major release to have trophies be rarer than uncommon.

Edited by AusLeviathan

I'm not fussed with the new milestones.  Then again, I don't plan mine out, they just happen whenever.  Though I would say that these new milestones are different than what I had before, not as interesting names for each level (though the milestone "Trouble no More" is amazing).  But still, I've hardly looked at them before, maybe like once or twice to get a little chuckle out of whatever trophy name happens to be how I got to said level.

Ah well, I'll probably end up looking at my milestones again a few months... maybe.  Or I might just not give it another thought again.  Who knows.