Are you happy with your new level milestones?

Golem25

32 minutes ago, SnowbellKitty said:

@AusLeviathan

Update: I just checked something: 2.6% rarity from Sony vs 10.68% rarity from PSNP on P5's platinum vs 2.52% from PSNP on "Key to the City". I guess that's why my rarest ones don't change then. Idk why PSNP does this, but I don't like it at all.

It's meant to provide a more accurate idea of rarity by only including people tracked by PSNP which removes a lot of people who don't bother with trophies. It can lead to some weird rarities if the PSNP base skews towards playing that type of game. For example if you look at the website psntrophyleaders which doesn't have as many casual players tracked as this website does, they have the Super Meat Boy platinum as a 0.5% rarity compared to 0.2% here.

The other issue with rarities is that games that have a high barrier to get the first trophy like Bloodborne have more common trophies than you'd expect since players aren't considered in the calculation if they haven't earned a trophy.

Edited by AusLeviathan

My milestones are all the same, thats not a psn feature, thats a psnprofiles feature

as far as the new trophy leveling system goes

i dont much care for it, i went from trophy level 55 to 597 in a fraction of a second, pretty odd

im not sure why they even did this, theres only a handful of the 100million Ps4 users who were actually at Trophy level 100, so why cater to the minority

as someone whos been an avid trophy hunter for the past 8years who has been caring less and less about trophies as time goes on, i think its a pointless update, why not give us updates we really want

Being able to sort our trophy collection alphabetically instead of By last earned
having a progression meter with specific collectible trophies, being able to delete 0% games instead of hiding them, etc.

Thankfully I only plan milestones for platinums here at psnprofiles, not my level progression

Otherwise ya I'd be pissed

I hide games just so my milestones here look the way I want them, I couldn't imagine doing that for my level

Although before it was extremely neat what my level milestones were before because it was completely unprepared 

vNEOMJR.png

I'm glad I took that screenshot years ago when I did

I ended up with two groupings of platinums, happily too is that Nier Automata is in one of the groups. I've really only timed platinums with trophy number milestones (ie, X000th trophy) so the change in level scheme didn't mess with me at all in that regard.

Trophy-Miles.png