Stuck in the second Trebuchet in the Lost City

Hello, I just reached the trebuchet that you are suppoused to use in order to open the second gate in The Lost City, not the first one which is triggered by the guardians and then you need to reach so you can open the first gate and get to the second campfire.

The trebuchet is stuck with some wooden boards, but they also have that characteristic white ropes that shows you to pull, or to connect it with other roped surfaces. So I tied the wooden boards that jam the trabuchet to the post with the ropes in front of the trebuchet, then I pressed square to use the crank, then pressed R2 to trigger the trabuchet and nothing happens. Lara says "something is in the way" as if I hadn't tied the wooden tables to the post with the ropes. I have tried everyting I know. Reload the checkpoint, cut the rope with triangle and tie it again, commit suicide and try again, fast travel to other locations, reset the console, close the game. None of that worked.

So yes, I'm at 96% of the game, I have collected every item and have completed every challenge (except that one for which you need to solve a puzzle with another trabuchet) and I know that I'm in the last part of the game, but apparetly I wont be able to complete it.

Is there a way to reset the chapter from the pause menu, or from the main menu? Have you been in this situation and you managed to fix it?

Thank you for reading and for your answers

Edited by Nothingistrue17

• 2 months later...

Finished the game on Survivor today and the second trebuchet glitched on me just like it did to OP. It's annoying because you can solve the puzzle perfectly, but if you did something out of the order they wanted you to, the animation to "free" the trebuchet doesn't work. 

What I did to solve the problem: I kept reloading the checkpoint and using Survival Instincts so Lara could talk about every single step of the puzzle (which I didn't do the first time when it glitched on me because I don't use the hint system). Then I attached the rope to the obstacle and pulled it until she said "I'm not strong enough", and only after that I moved the trebuchet, aiming it between the last two left planks on the platform. THEN I jumped over there so I could go and attach the rope. In my third or forth attempt, it worked. 

Edit: I looked online and there isn't a consensus on what to do to solve this issue; some people say you need to keep shooting arrows at different points on the obstacle until it eventually triggers the animation, some say you need to go back to a previous camp because reloading the checkpoint doesn't work, and some say you need to reinstall the game. 

Edited by flugurnarrr
  • Like 1