Why do so many people have Kamurocho Iron Man?

alibomayeezy

I've been playing through Yakuza 4 and have put around 30 hours into it at this point. I finished the game on normal, finished all of Kiryu's substories and most of the other character's substories, done quite a few minigames, dated some hostesses, opened most lockers, etc. I've even got an A rank on Yakuza 4's completion on this site. However, I've only travelled 80 kilometers in the game to do that. Currently, the "Kamurocho Iron Man" trophy sits at 19.9% completion ON PSN, with this website's completion having it at 27.34%. It almost seems like you'll naturally get this trophy if you do a bit of side content clean up but from my guesstimate 2 full playthroughs with all side content completion and actively not using taxis would barely get you to 100 kilometers, which doesn't reflect the completion rate it has compared to the rest of the trophy list.

What's going on here? This is an extremely long, tedious trophy to get that almost 1 in 5 people who've played the remaster has. This is really strange to me considering many of the really easy, 2-3 minute trophies like Tanimura the Gambler and Shogi Promotion (this trophy takes seconds to do) sit at under 8% completion on PSN. Yet somehow a substantial amount of people have travelled 100KM in the game? Can someone explain why this long grind of a trophy has such a high completion rate? 20% of people have purely ran through the city for dozens of hours but only 6.7% have sung all the karaoke songs, and just over 5% has played the 4 gambling games?

I know the map pretty well and generally I like to take taxis here and there in the game but the last 10 hours or so of playtime I actively ran everywhere I could knowing the 100km would take a while. However, even spending quite a bit of time literally walking around I've still got 20 more kilometers to go! The 42 kilometer trophy in Yakuza 3 I got easily after casually doing side missions for a couple hours in premium adventure, I've actively ran around for close to a dozen hours in premium adventure in Yakuza 4 and I'm only 80% of the way there.

Are 1 in 5 players just never looking at the minimap and purely running around for the entirety of the game? It's not even like running around in this game is especially fun or exciting. Saejima is hard to run around with in the city, all of the character's running speeds feels kind of slow anyways, and of course all characters get interrupted by enemies throughout the game. Even if it's a matter of people are just exploring the game, the rarity of so many of the side content trophies tells me people aren't even fully engaging with those that much. I'm really curious, why do you think so many people have this trophy in comparison to how much of a grind it seems like it would take to get it?

• 4 months later...

If not achieved by the end people could just rubber band running circles in a car park while at work or something. In fact, probably a good idea anyway as taxis are certainly the way to travel in this game. The run speed seems to be slower than 0-3, like the engine is struggling for some reason (you’ll also see lots more pop-in too, not just of pedestrians but scenery as well).

Edited by thefourfoldroot

Wow, I just checked out what trophy this was. I got Platinum twice in Japanese and English on PS3 many years ago and this trophy seemed to pop for me sometime during Saejima's chapter on my first play through starting on Hard. Are you guys literally just rushing through the game with a guide and only using taxis?

Maybe I just had too much fun and going for 100% on Akiyama's chapter before moving onto Chapter 2. lol

I'd assume that most folks checked the trophy guide prior to playing - pretty much all of them out there suggest not using a taxi and walking everywhere for this trophy. And I think that anyone with at least one other Yakuza game completed before this would know how tricky some of the trophies can be, especially with the PS3 remasters.

I didn't use a taxi until it popped. It's really not bad if you just walk everywhere until it pops and steps taken in Premium adventure mode count too :) 

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...