Moxxi's Underdome Riot (DLC Crashes, Buggy Trophies) PS4 Solutions

So after coming Back to this awesome game and trying to deal with this (Boring and repetitive DLC) I was able to make all the challenges (Lesser Colisseums and Larger ones) without a crash as you could see at my profile.

A year ago I tried this DLC with no success with my Old Profile and since this was quite frustrating at the time and I know for sure isn't awesome at all to spend 3 hours and then your game crashes and problably Save Data corruption, I want to share what I did (Again I didn't suffer any crashes, all my attempts were flawless without any problems at all).

I want to make this clear, I claim no rights or anything since I took note from here and there to just make this easier but with some things I added from my own past experience and This is only a PS4 (Remastered / Game Of The Year Edition) problem, PS3 version seems to work great with no problems and I assume that's why these trophies aren't ultra rare or even close to.

- First, You'll need Fire and Corrosive guns (with the highest elemental chances possible)

- Start this DLC before any attempts of the other ones, reason being it seems that the game works better on this DLC before starting the other ones (From my own experience, last time I tried it last after I reached level 69 and it was chaos and destruction of my save data because of crashes) if you're worried about lvl's just use the medical glitch to reach lvl 40, by the end of base game you'll be lvl 35-36 if all missions and side missions are complete

- Set your console languague to English, the game's voices are better in English anyway so...

- Use The low level Splitscreen exploit for this, is the safest course of action so please avoid online sessions for this

- Always use the same host, this way you'll avoid any of the trophie's bugs

- Make Sure you've installed the only update this game received (Sad)

I know there's post about this but none seems to be clear about this DLC, most of people just did this on PS3 and the PS4 users seems to just avoid this because of Crashes.

I hope this help someone!

Edited by Naji-Leonhart
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, YairGOW said:

Btw, what do you mean by "low level splitscreen exploit"? And did you play on the PS4 Pro?

The exploit mentioned involves playing a local co-op game, but having the main player a low level character and the high level character joins the game.

By doing so the enemies you face at the arena in the UnderDome will be that or close to player 1's (host) level. This will make things so much easier as the arena trophies are a long grind, and almost impossible facing equal level enemies. Do use caution though as even low level enemies can be capable of beating you, especially if the random affect slots in later heats buff enemies and/or disable your shield.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Naji-Leonhart said:

Glad to read! Please let me know if you finnish the last 2 with no problems :)

Yep, finished the last two with no issues and got all related trophies. Thanks for taking the time to create this thread!

Edited by YairGOW
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12.10.2020 at 4:52 AM, Naji-Leonhart said:

- Use The low level Splitscreen exploit for this, is the safest course of action so please avoid online sessions for this

Don't use the exploit for this. I had crashes also on this. 

Solving the problem is when the opponents explodes (using this exploid or onehit-weapons) there are to many bodyparts in the arena so the game crashes after a while. I used now "normal" weapons (I did it with weapons from crawmerax), or you wait every 6-7 rounds in a corner (not paused game) for maybe 15 to 30 minutes so the bodyparts have time to despawn.

And its recommended to save after a finished arena every time the savegame and profildata to a usb-stick and/or in the cloud so that you have a non-corrupted copy if the game crashes.

Edited by Porky-TheBeast
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have completed all 3 big arena without a single crash in my main account ,

I Don t changed language like guide says. 

I used lilith with an hellfire, I used the split screen method, I was a level 47 and enemies at level 12, and the most important part is to have Phoenix at 5/5 plus Spark 5/5 and the mod that increase fire damage. 

I set corrosive damage in phasewalk. 

Every wave I started to kill an enemy, usually with lilith ability L1, then immediately I moved near to an enemy without shoot, because he will burn thanks to Phoenix ability. 

Then again move near to another enemy and burn him. 

If you loose the Phoenix effect repeat the process from before. 

With this method I can burned up to 80% of enemies. 

Sometimes you have to use your hellfire to remove the shield and let Phoenix ability to burn enemies. 

There are enemies that you can t burn like the aliens. 

About the burning psycho i used corrosive phasewalk to kill them. 

I have even put my ps4 in rest mode and not a single crash. 

Edited by White_Wolf_Andy