PeTeEliteHuNTer9

Should I make a new PSN profile

11 posts in this topic

Basically had a power cut my PS4 went nuts and IV basically lost every save I had also my cloud wasn't on auto upload so I can't get them back for a good three weeks IV been contemplating on making a new profile and it's been stopping me from playing my games I try and play a game and then I think should I just start fresh I just can't make my mind up also I'm a bit of a trophy hunter but if I made this new one I think I wouldn't bother this time around hunting for trophy's for some reason if I complete a game I like the save to be there but there all goneūüė≠

So let me know what to do start fresh or just carry on with the profile 

Edited by PeTeEliteHuNTer9

Well, that was the longest sentence I think I've read yet.

Do you plan on replaying the same games?  Do you have the stomach to do that?  Are any of them MP?  Are the servers still open? 

I mean, anyone can create a new profile and play it until they either say forget it or continue on.  Just depends on what you plan on doing with it - new games only or existing games.  

What good will old save files for games you completed do for you?  I used to do the same thing and keep "end game" saves until one day i figured I'm never playing those games again, and if I do, it'll be from the beginning 

Edit 

To add to that, trophies make a better proof of completion anyway because other people can see them vs a save file that only you see

Edited by AJ_-_808

Sorry for that 

I don't mind on playing all them games again I had fun playing them I just wouldn't trophy hunt this time around

But I just can't make my mind up should I just continue playing my new games or just start fresh 

It will be a while before I get a ps5 because my partner bought me a new PS4 in June this year

3 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

What good will old save files for games you completed do for you?  I used to do the same thing and keep "end game" saves until one day i figured I'm never playing those games again, and if I do, it'll be from the beginning 

Edit 

To add to that, trophies make a better proof of completion anyway because other people can see them vs a save file that only you see

You do have a really good point 

If making a new profile will lead to you not trophy hunting on that new profile, you might as well just continue to play on your current account without trophy hunting, makes no difference really, making a new profile only makes sense if you are going for something specific that is no longer possible on your current profile. Aside from that, making a new profile means you'd have to replay every game to get back to a completed save you seem to care about, but if you replay the game in any case, you can just as easily do it on your account, but you get to keep the trophies you already earned.

Edited by Nighcisama

13 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

If making a new profile will lead to you not trophy hunting on that new profile, you might as well just continue to play on your current accont without trophy hunting, makes no difference really, making a new profile only makes sense if you are going for something specific that is no longer possible on your current profile. Aside from that, making a new profile means you'd have to replay every game to get back to a completed save you seem to care about, but if you replay the game in any case, you can just as easily do it on your account, but you get to keep the trophies you already earned.

Yeah your right I wouldn't have to earn the trophies again so I could focus on story more then trophy hunting you people think better then I do I think I know what I'm gonna do now thanks for the advice

Edited by PeTeEliteHuNTer9

1 hour ago, PeTeEliteHuNTer9 said:

Basically had a power cut my PS4 went nuts and IV basically lost every save I had also my cloud wasn't on auto upload so I can't get them back for a good three weeks IV been contemplating on making a new profile and it's been stopping me from playing my games I try and play a game and then I think should I just start fresh I just can't make my mind up also I'm a bit of a trophy hunter but if I made this new one I think I wouldn't bother this time around hunting for trophy's for some reason if I complete a game I like the save to be there but there all gone1f62d.png

So let me know what to do start fresh or just carry on with the profile 

if you already beat the games, then there ya go, you already have the satisfaction of beating the game. No need to play them again or make a new account for the sake of...i dont even know just keep playing new games

Why start over? Your old saves are just that, old saves. They are only good if you plan to go back to the game at some point. Even then, I usually rather start a new game. I hold onto my old saves for when the games  DLC comes out. Otherwise, they are useless. I would not start all over. Not to mention, what is your PSN name going to be? All the good ones are gone and you will end up with something bad, I'm sure. 

"Starting fresh" seems like a futile cycle that will inevitably repeat itself. Just stick with what you've got and play what you want.

I made up my mind last night I'm just gonna keep this one and earn more plats thanks for everyone advice appreciated