Excel, do you use it for games?

iLL-Mortick

I use Excel for planning out timeframes for games I want to Platinum. I have only a few rows, Game Title, Length to Platinum, and Likelihood of Platinum (You could sub in the difficulty of Plat), and then finally day completed.

Then I go through my PSNProfile and list all the games outstanding, minus any games I know I will never get the platinum for (dead servers, games I no longer own, etc.). I draft a separate sheet for each console, Vita, 3, and 4, and then generally sort by Length To Platinum. As I play games, I deduct time from that column, which is a nice way I can see my backlog shrinking, even if I don't get a ton of trophies in a play session. I like this system because I can view how many hours I have to play on my PS4 vs my PS3. 

When I complete a game, I just highlight the cells Green, and they sit at the top of my list. Though I will likely throw in some new sheets as I start clearing more of my backlog.

It's a very basic system, but again, I like tracking the time I play. It is nice to see my "PS3 hours outstanding" lessen after a play session. 

• Like 1

I have one for tracking completion.  It has two sheets, one for stuff on my profile and one that includes all games I own that are incomplete, even if 0%.  The second is nice because it tracks completion of all owned games and counts the 0%s, so I have an accurate representation of my progress in my backlog.  All I have to do is add new games and trophies and it calculates the rest.  I modified it from something shared in the Attack on Completion thread so I don't mind sharing it if others want something similar, it's on google docs and you can download to excel:  It's also been updated to account for the new platinum value, but that did make a mess of my sorting, ugh.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pF5v-h4YN1Fdo4lV6e4HYpLn883sTXFEDswHi2HqavE/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 2

@FawltyPowers Wow, that's really impressive. I thought mine was excessive, and all I did was list all my unplayed games, along with their difficulty and length.

I'd show a screenshot, but I'd probably offend somebody with my "Notes" column, where I write my initial thoughts of a game based on reviews, word of mouth, etc. (It's mostly me ripping games apart so that I don't feel the need to play them any time soon. Otherwise, I'd go crazy from having such a big backlog.)