THEULTRAMEMELORD

the game is delisted.

9 posts in this topic

I decided to buy kung fu panda and I couldn't find the game so it is delisted.Only the game is delisted tho you can still buy the movie.

35 minutes ago, THEULTRAMEMELORD said:

I decided to buy kung fu panda and I couldn't find the game so it is delisted.Only the game is delisted tho you can still buy the movie.

I guess this is a good example that anything can be delisted for any reason, I saw a mod saying sony wouldnt do this type of stuff because it's like saying no to free and easy money or something because the content is still stored on their servers it just can't be purchased, can't find the post or remember who said it but I think it was DaivRules, could be wrong.

So it might be worth purchasing all the titles you wish to play while you can, I personally hold out for sales, but might need to buy some korean PS3 novels before they potentially get delisted too, I don't imagine them being very popular titles and as to why titles even get delisted in the first place that don't have anything to do with copyright or delist request from the publishers, is a complete mystery to me, some good examples from me are: Modnation Racers DLC, Octonaut (EU NA AS) and Invector.

Maybe the reason why Octonaut got delisted was because of copyright in Japan?  but that somehow got all of them delisted?  then why is it still hanging out in the Korean PSN store? idk man but in your case, if you really want Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends, it was on PS Plus a few years ago (so a decent amount of people may have it hanging around on their acc, maybe an irl friend can help you or something?), and there is a physical version (maybe the other stacks, but can't confirm)

Goodluck to you

38 minutes ago, Gamehelp said:

I guess this is a good example that anything can be delisted for any reason, I saw a mod saying sony wouldnt do this type of stuff because it's like saying no to free and easy money or something because the content is still stored on their servers it just can't be purchased, can't find the post or remember who said it but I think it was DaivRules, could be wrong.

So it might be worth purchasing all the titles you wish to play while you can, I personally hold out for sales, but might need to buy some korean PS3 novels before they potentially get delisted too, I don't imagine them being very popular titles and as to why titles even get delisted in the first place that don't have anything to do with copyright or delist request from the publishers, is a complete mystery to me, some good examples from me are: Modnation Racers DLC, Octonaut (EU NA AS) and Invector.

Maybe the reason why Octonaut got delisted was because of copyright in Japan?  but that somehow got all of them delisted?  then why is it still hanging out in the Korean PSN store? idk man but in your case, if you really want Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends, it was on PS Plus a few years ago (so a decent amount of people may have it hanging around on their acc, maybe an irl friend can help you or something?), and there is a physical version (maybe the other stacks, but can't confirm)

Goodluck to you

There was no hard word given on Octonaut's name change but I believe it was due to Trademark/Copyright complications due to it being to close to Octonauts a popular kids show and product line that also includes games.

For Kung Fu Panda anything could've happened with it being a licensed game.

It’s crap like this that makes slowly transitioning to nothing but digital media seem ridiculous.

Edited by RedSkyKing

1 hour ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

There was no hard word given on Octonaut's name change but I believe it was due to Trademark/Copyright complications due to it being to close to Octonauts a popular kids show and product line that also includes games.

For Kung Fu Panda anything could've happened with it being a licensed game.

Little orbit loses a lot of licenses, they usually give a heads up, atleast it’s on physical so no biggie

I don't know about Playstation 4, but it was removed from the XB1 store some time ago, and they did give a heads up beforehand (I assume it went down on PS4 at the same time). Funny thing is, it's still available digitally on Xbox 360. 

Edit: It was delisted on XB1 Jan 1, 2019

Edited by Floorkiller74

They really need to learn giving warnings about these on their social media.

1 hour ago, Carbon_Lancer said:

Little orbit loses a lot of licenses, they usually give a heads up, atleast it’s on physical so no biggie

If it's made by Little Orbit hope it isn't one of their physical games that jump in price.