DLC Region Lock question

arcanehornet_

Hey guys. So I wanted to buy a piece of DLC for Resident Evil 2, but the game itself is on my friends UK account. My question is, if I buy the DLC on my Hungarian account (a European country) will I be able to play the dlc? I think so, since both are EU accounts. (I have tried playing Fallout 4 DLC from a NA account on my EU copy and it didn’t work)

I want to confirm before I actually buy it.

In theory it should work but personally, I wouldn't risk it since there's all kinds of region compatibility weirdness within the EU so stick to buying the DLC from the PS Store in the same country the game came from. With a handful of exceptions, all DLC is region locked so the game and content have to be bought from within the same country.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

I'm pretty sure it won't. I think the DLC has to match the region/country it was original bought in. Even if you are both EU, don't you have different PS stores? As said before, stay on the safe side. 

For my own experience, I used to live in Germany and bought a couple of games there. I had to get dlc on a separate german account. My main account is USA.

• Like 1

I’m happy to say that for whatever reason, the DLC I bought on my main account did work on the UK Resident Evil 2. 
Thanks for everyone’s input. Probably it worked because both are EU.

One thing to note, I bought it from the in-game store which even had a banner saying “Resident Evil 2 Remake EU”