Online Shutdown DID Affect Trophies

GamingWithFlacy

6 minutes ago, Trophy-QTR said:

I just logged in the game and completed A Penny Saved challenge

The challenge still progress so I am confused

Does the server closer affect the challenges affect the challenges progress or is the servers still not closed

I think not affect on platinum Mad Max. I wish to you get platinum good luck.

4 hours ago, Trophy-QTR said:

I just logged in the game and completed A Penny Saved challenge

The challenge still progress so I am confused

Does the server closer affect the challenges affect the challenges progress or is the servers still not closed

Similar happened here.

6 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

It's a saturday. Servers announced to close on saturday/sunday usually do not close until the following Monday. There are several instances of this, the best known probably being Gamespy. Wait until the end of Monday 2nd November before surmising it may still be obtainable. 

This^

Monday is the more likely shutdown date so take advantage of the extra day or two we have, to get the trophy done.

• Like 1

Yep, looks like it could still be potentially shutdown on Monday but I’m interested to hear people‘s take on the fact that Mad Max was published by the same company that published Batman Arkham origins - the game whose multiplayer was announced to be shut down at least 4 years ago but as far as I know it’s still online and running...

Not sure if anyone has mentioned that already or not - fact is that with batman,  whole servers that allow groups of 8 or so I think to play are still up when all we need is a timer for scrap.. maybe based on WB’s track record there’s some semblance of hope haha 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, igs63 said:

Yep, looks like it could still be potentially shutdown on Monday but I’m interested to hear people‘s take on the fact that Mad Max was published by the same company that published Batman Arkham origins - the game whose multiplayer was announced to be shut down at least 4 years ago but as far as I know it’s still online and running...

Not sure if anyone has mentioned that already or not - fact is that with batman,  whole servers that allow groups of 8 or so I think to play are still up when all we need is a timer for scrap.. maybe based on WB’s track record there’s some semblance of hope haha 

Maybe this is more of a 'no support anymore' thing, then. So they won't actively shut down the servers, but won't give any guarantees as to availability, and if something breaks, they don't promise to fix it? Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens next week.

15 minutes ago, igs63 said:

I remember doing all online trophies for Batman Origin boosting with my friends for few days then heard a year later the servers still online 

7 hours ago, igs63 said:

They killed the servers for MK9 right on time so I doubt the circumstances for Origins servers will become the trend

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NoraSilberreif said:

Maybe this is more of a 'no support anymore' thing, then. So they won't actively shut down the servers, but won't give any guarantees as to availability, and if something breaks, they don't promise to fix it? Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens next week.

23 minutes ago, black__bunny said:

They killed the servers for MK9 right on time so I doubt the circumstances for Origins servers will become the trend

Yep, I guess that's the thing. I think it'd be awesome for a 'no support' thing, I've gotten the challenge done but I didn't finish Up to the Task yet -  it would be that extra peace of mind in case my save glitches (even though I've made some backups). Plus, we don't need whole servers- just something to calculate the scrap earned offline. Origins has been good for a lot of people that it got left up but then again if they shut down MK9 on time, it could really go either way and I guess we'll have to wait and see.

6 hours ago, Trophy-QTR said:

I remember doing all online trophies for Batman Origin boosting with my friends for few days then heard a year later the servers still online 

Yeah, it's pretty surprising. I remember hearing about it and I thought I didn't have enough time to complete it so I left it, years and years later I keep hearing it's still online and boostable- so I ended up doing it earlier this year with relatively no problems :) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RyanK100k said:

Damn... I only needed 500 more scrap... found out about the shutdown too late (Saturday morning).... guess I'll never get the plat now

Same here, man. That's frustrating. I was pretty glad that I was still getting scrap yesterday. Why not just patch the game? Goddamn, WB...

1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

As much as any disabled trophies suck, credit where it's due - they gave 6 weeks notice for something that only takes a few days to a week to obtain.

I agree, though I believe that any kind of message supporting this kind of trophy (especially in single-player games) is unecessary. It's perfectly valid to be bored about that and whoever is upset with this situation should complain. Sugar coating misdirective support such as WB's doesn't sound like the right thing to do IMO.

1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Please keep your ears to the ground in the server shutdown thread - even with its bouts of irrelevant chatter, it's still one of the best places to get a heads up on these things.

Indeed... I guess the lesson was learned, but the damage is irreversible. ?

1 hour ago, SealedCard said:

I don't think they will patch it, but we could try sending them messages on different channels to ask for a patch, such as (...)

Good! Will do!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, celobrock said:

Same here, man. That's frustrating. I was pretty glad that I was still getting scrap yesterday. Why not just patch the game? Goddamn, WB...

I sent them an email, asking if they could make DIVIDEND a repeating challenge (which would remove it from eligibility for the platinum)... who knows? The game is kinda addictive, so I'll get the rest of the trophies and hope for a patch 

• Like 1

Ehhhhj... we are screwed... 

WB Games Support (WB Games)

Nov 2, 2020, 4:34 PM EST

Greetings Ryan,

Thank you for contacting us! I understand your situation and I am glad to inform you that while online functionality saw changes on 10/31, this should not impact your ability to earn the "Up to the Task" trophy/achievement in Mad Max based on the information we were provided.

Affected online features will include:

• No longer able to access the WB Play service to obtain the Battle Brand decal for your Magnum Opus.
  • No longer able to access Opus War, leaderboards, or redeem codes.

Offline game modes will still be accessible. If you have any other questions or concerns, please reply to this email and I will be happy to help.

Kindest Regards,
Thauron
WB Games Support
?name=twitter+bird+small.jpg Follow us on Twitter! @WBGamesSupport

12 minutes ago, RyanK100k said:

Ehhhhj... we are screwed... 

WB Games Support (WB Games)

Nov 2, 2020, 4:34 PM EST

Greetings Ryan,

Thank you for contacting us! I understand your situation and I am glad to inform you that while online functionality saw changes on 10/31, this should not impact your ability to earn the "Up to the Task" trophy/achievement in Mad Max based on the information we were provided.

Affected online features will include:

• No longer able to access the WB Play service to obtain the Battle Brand decal for your Magnum Opus.
  • No longer able to access Opus War, leaderboards, or redeem codes.

Offline game modes will still be accessible. If you have any other questions or concerns, please reply to this email and I will be happy to help.

Kindest Regards,
Thauron
WB Games Support
?name=twitter+bird+small.jpg Follow us on Twitter! @WBGamesSupport

Yeah, they are full of shit. Guess I was wrong after all.

Edited by JiII-Valentine--