Online Shutdown DID Affect Trophies

GamingWithFlacy

10 minutes ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

Yeah, they are full of shit. Guess I was wrong after all.

I believed as you did, for what its worth... I scrambled on Saturday morning to Sunday night to get the 4 scrap crews up and running, "just in case".... now I can only aspire to 99% completion, if they don't patch it.... maybe the best option is to pressure George Miller to make a FURY ROAD sequel.... then WB might decide to update Mad Max 1 to make the plat obtainable again

Edited by RyanK100k
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Congrats to everyone that snagged it and thanks to everyone (especially@HoorayForTyler) who contributed tips and advice.

Not a problem, it was a pleasure helping out the community where I could; having the entire weekend to do the challenges probably helped out many people I bet. Super sad day for those who couldn’t finish the challenges in time though. Big shoutout and congrats to everyone that completed the scrap crew challenges in time and had fun with the game along the way.

Edited by HoorayForTyler
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, RyanK100k said:

Ehhhhj... we are screwed... 

WB Games Support (WB Games)

Nov 2, 2020, 4:34 PM EST

Greetings Ryan,

Thank you for contacting us! I understand your situation and I am glad to inform you that while online functionality saw changes on 10/31, this should not impact your ability to earn the "Up to the Task" trophy/achievement in Mad Max based on the information we were provided.

Affected online features will include:

• No longer able to access the WB Play service to obtain the Battle Brand decal for your Magnum Opus.
  • No longer able to access Opus War, leaderboards, or redeem codes.

Offline game modes will still be accessible. If you have any other questions or concerns, please reply to this email and I will be happy to help.

Kindest Regards,
Thauron
WB Games Support
?name=twitter+bird+small.jpg Follow us on Twitter! @WBGamesSupport

That's funny, because they keep saying no trophy is affected, when at the same time they answered mine and they are aware of this, lol
"Happy to reach out the game team to let them know there is interest in an update" yeah.......sure.....
6a942f7f86.png

3 hours ago, celobrock said:

I agree, though I believe that any kind of message supporting this kind of trophy (especially in single-player games) is unecessary. It's perfectly valid to be bored about that and whoever is upset with this situation should complain. Sugar coating misdirective support such as WB's doesn't sound like the right thing to do IMO.

People can try to complain (and I wish them the best of luck in it), but it's not likely to get very far.  It absolutely doesn't help that their "support" staff doesn't know jackshit, but if people haven't learned to take what support (and sometimes even the devs themselves) say about anything with a grain of salt, consider this a hard-learned lesson.

There's always going to be someone(s) that just miss it due to various reasons.   Not trying to sugarcoat anything, but 6 weeks was a blessing compared to what happened with Marvel Heroes Omega and Gwent.

On that note, keep your eyes on shadow of war (shadow of mordor has about 8 weeks left), mortal kombat, injustice, batman, and anything else WB published.

Edit

Adding this link to the server shutdown thread

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, WaseWalayse said:

That's funny, because they keep saying no trophy is affected, when at the same time they answered mine and they are aware of this, lol
"Happy to reach out the game team to let them know there is interest in an update" yeah.......sure.....
6a942f7f86.png

I don't know, I feel hopeful they will fix the game... maybe because Mad Max is a huge franchise... is that naive? maybe, but it also seems common sense to maximize future purchases of your product

Edited by RyanK100k

This is the same company that came out with an update that BROKE the races for Mad Max, for a while on update 1.05 you couldn't get those trophies because they were glitched.

Shame on them really. I feel sorry for you all who couldn't get Up To The Task done in time. This just goes to show.... you really need to be up to speed on the online trophies. PS3, Vita, PS4, doesn't matter.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 7:10 PM, dev2610 said:

Oh yeah, reminds me of this, be advised, there was a lot of back and forth in between because, well, it actually never worked and I am not pasting all of those "give us this information, give us that information" chatter.

DnL2tu4.png

2MQXhWo.png

Warnings signs were there, with examples in some cases. (Quote above is related)

I would like to share my experience regarding this game. I first discovered this game while it was free on PS Plus. Early games and I don't have the feeling to continue this game and then came the time when the online server closure annoucement thread was made. after two year i start digging up the game again. I wouldn't bother if I haven't got any trophy yet from it. unfortunately I did. Alright no biggies let's read up the guide and DO IT. My focus was just to get the online thingy done and i can just relax a bit. but mad max got me hooked so i decided to continue my journey until nearly two weeks ago i got the plat. I encountered one of the infamous glitch. My case it was the 76/77 insignia. A stressful day it was for me. Looking up the net and trying to find ways but up to no avail and decided to use my last resort which is the BACKUP SAVE!!! load my backup save and send me back another 2-3 hours but it was worth it. IMO it's a really quite good game if we're not talking about the glitches. I'm feeling sad for those didn't manage to get the challenge done. hopefully there'll be a patch in the future to fix this

15 minutes ago, LockheedPrime said:

did anybody really put their faith in those random PR guys that probably never touched a PS4 ever?

that first tweet really got people laid back but no i won't push my luck. most of the time THESE people had no idea what they're talking about

21 hours ago, RyanK100k said:

I don't know, I feel hopeful they will fix the game... maybe because Mad Max is a huge franchise... is that naive? 

Yes, unfortunately it is naive.

Don't get me wrong, I wish it was the case that they did but the scale of the franchise doesn't seem to matter much. I remember when Ghostbusters closed unannounced and I thought, surely, a franchise like this with a cast like this wouldn't be allowed to shutdown like this... especially unannounced?? But I learnt quick that just because a franchise is huge, doesn't mean that glitched or unachievable trophies are something they care about

I also contacted WB this morning to see if there was anything.

This was the reply I got:

Greetings ,

My name is Lyonell, and I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us with your inquiries regarding Mad Max's servers shutting down, and I understand you are worried about the related achievements, but I will be happy to assist you by shedding some light on the matter.

The issue with the scrap-related challenges is currently being investigated by the game team and we expect them to provide an update on that matter as soon as possible. While the game team may not respond directly to individual tickets, I would recommend keeping an eye on the Official Social Media feeds for any related future announcements.

I understand this might not be the answer you were hoping for, and I apologize for being unable to help you more, but if you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Thank you,
Lyonell

Just have to keep an eye out I spose

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

On that note, keep your eyes on shadow of war (shadow of mordor has about 8 weeks left), mortal kombat, injustice, batman, and anything else WB published.

WB seems to be full of shit lately. Three games (Mortal Kombat 9, Mad Max, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor) and only Shadow of Mordor is still obtainable.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

So, we can’t even trust developers with info about their own games? That’s nice.

Rarely ever are front-line support members developers. They simply get their information passed along, and sometimes that doesn't happen at all. 

9 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

So, we can’t even trust developers with info about their own games? That’s nice.

You're not talking with a dev, just someone from customer support that replies (as we all saw) with a standard mail. Do you really think they'll fix shit  weeks prior closing? Nope. 

Check this: 

On 15/10/2020 at 4:05 PM, Jproche44 said:

I just  had The Choke glitch out on me registering 7/8 tanks destroyed even though I have gone through and destroyed all 8 tanks. I walked back to make sure. I emailed support and they replied with this:

Oct 13, 2020, 11:32 PM EDT

Greetings Jay,

My name is Arxan and I'm happy to help. I understand your interest in the challenges to be unlocked after the server closure. I truly appreciate your feedback in regard to these challenges since there is very important to achieve the completion of the achievements. I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue that does not allow you to continue with all the achievements.

Please note that as the servers for Mad Max will close on October 31st, 2020 one trophy will be partially discontinued unless you've already met some of its requirements. The Up to the task trophy requires you to complete all non-repeating challenges in the game. Although Mad Max is a single-player experience, two of the challenges in-game, A Penny Saved and Dividend, require validation from the Mad Max servers. Once these servers go offline, you'll no longer be able to unlock the trophy, unless you've already completed those two particular challenges.

In order to earn these achievements please notice in the game you will find enough people to speak with, inside the four territories. These people are denoted by a purple circle on the map. To finish these achievements you will require

• A Penny Saved - Earn 500 scrap from Scrap Crews.
• Dividend - Earn 2000 scrap from Scrap Crews

The two challenges relate to the Scrap Crews earning you scrap. These work as basically idle clickers ticking over and earning you scrap while you are offline. Scrap Crew challenges require access to the server in order to accrue scrap over time.

Also, please review the map and check if you have some camp showing '0/1 scrap'. If so, please search all the containers in this area even if you have previously cleared the area. This may prompt a message to collect the scrap and unlock the relevant trophy.

Some other users report that were missing the scrap located to the left of Chum Buckets hideout. Double-check if you have collected that one. You may find useful information in online game forums and community sites for the game.

While I do not have any additional troubleshooting steps for you to try at this time, I have forwarded your bug report over to the developers. Please note that while bug reports will not receive a response, they are reviewed by our developers and they will use your information to investigate and assist with resolving this issue in a future game update. 

For new issues please open a new ticket and if you have questions regarding this issue I will be happy to help further.

Warm regards,
Arxan
WB Games Support
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheme.zdassets.com%2Ftheme_assets%2F2020143%2F037bea31535340f8f4dca89afa79203d6da05270.jpg&t=1602770648&ymreqid=d45811e6-4b06-6a22-1c75-9a0003014d00&sig=2cTB_JdQX8AOtqOSgeXIVw--~D Follow us on Twitter! @WBGamesSupport

The choke glitch just happened to me, did you found any solution?

The reply I got yesterday. 

Nov 2, 2020, 7:49 PM EST

Greetings Peter,

Lyonell here, at your service. Thank you for your report. The situation that you are reporting is currently being investigated by the game team and they are working to provide an update to it as soon as possible.

If there is anything I can do to further assist you with this issue, please reply to this email and I will be happy to help.

Thank you,
Lyonell
WB Games Support

Fixed!:

Greetings Peter,

Lyonell here, at your service. Thank you for your report. I'm just moving this e-mail to the junk folder.

If there is anything I can do to further assist you with this issue, please reply to this email and I will be happy to help.

Thank you,
Lyonell

Edited by breakXedge
  • Like 2