Online Shutdown DID Affect Trophies

GamingWithFlacy

1 hour ago, breakXedge said:

Fixed!:

Greetings Peter,

Lyonell here, at your service. Thank you for your report. I'm just moving this e-mail to the junk folder.

If there is anything I can do to further assist you with this issue, please reply to this email and I will be happy to help.

Thank you,
Lyonell

Hahaha come on have a little faith in the Mad Max team, didn't they release a patch 1.05 just last year to fix some broken trophies? Maybe they will fix this too.

I got the server closure dates for Shadow of Mordor and this game switched up, so I pretty much screwed myself out of this trophy. I started playing yesterday (already had a few trophies when the game went free on PS+), after seeing the server closure threads for these games, and realized the confusion too late. Giant bummer.

It just sucks when a very tiny feature of the game is required for a very large trophy requirement. And it's such a fun game to play, too; I was just put off at the time because I've been playing too many open world games.

I'll get back to this game and work on these trophies at my own pace, minus the Up to the Task trophy. It is what it is.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eblait said:

I got the server closure dates for Shadow of Mordor and this game switched up, so I pretty much screwed myself out of this trophy. I started playing yesterday (already had a few trophies when the game went free on PS+), after seeing the server closure threads for these games, and realized the confusion too late. Giant bummer.

Not sure if this will make you feel better about it or not, but the by the time the Shadow of Mordor shutdown was announced, it was already far too late to start working on Mad Max anyway.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mekktor said:

Not sure if this will make you feel better about it or not, but the by the time the Shadow of Mordor shutdown was announced, it was already far too late to start working on Mad Max anyway.

You're right, I hadn't noticed. Guess it's my own fault for not checking here sooner - I was way too focused on the Ghost of Tsushima platinum.

On 10/30/2020 at 8:50 AM, EdinhoN said:

Most game servers are running on cloud providers nowadays, it's just a matter of hiring a service for the given game and setting an automatic expiration date.

Yeah, I'm skeptic this game servers will remain online. Support staff don't have a clue what they're talking about.

Guess what? Support didn't have a clue lol

Classic. I don't even bother calling support for big videogame companies anymore.

Edited by EdinhoN
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

I don't believe that for one second, because of all the lies they've told over the years regarding their games.

I bet that the person who responded to this doesn't even know that an internet connection is required for earning the scrap. and even if this is supposed to be a "bug" there is no way in hell they are going to fix it since the game is pretty much dead sales wise.

• Like 1

On 13/10/2020 at 2:38 PM, guy who says bruh said:

I guess they will patch game so offline scavengers will farm without internet connection, coz it's not working unless you have internet connection before you exit game.

Well, I don’t know about that. They dropped a 13GB patch to the game out of nowhere a few years ago that nobody could find any use for, it broke two trophies and they didn’t do anything about it. I sent a few messages to them back then about it and never got one back. 

On 14/10/2020 at 6:05 AM, papert0wng1rl said:

I gotta thank the devs for shutting down the servers to finally kick me in the butt to play this game. It’s definitely a huge game with tons to do, but I’m having a good time. Otherwise, it would have stayed in my “someday” pile forever. Personally, I finished Dividend and did my backups, and I’m working towards a platinum before Halloween. Just in case.

Most of it is pretty boring and repetitive though. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Fixed!:

Greetings Peter,

Lyonell here, at your service. Thank you for your report. I'm just moving this e-mail to the junk folder.

If there is anything I can do to further assist you with this issue, please reply to this email and I will be happy to help.

Thank you,
Lyonell

lol, Lyonell is the Employee of the month 

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

WB seems to be full of shit lately. Three games (Mortal Kombat 9, Mad Max, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor) and only Shadow of Mordor is still obtainable.

You can add MK X to that list, it's been over a month without a new Invasion Boss fight, and no invasion Boss fight = No Platinum 

4 hours ago, ckendrigo said:

You did your job. I needing 256 scraps. When I reach 500, the count stops. It appers Around 600 scraps, but the challenger show: 0/2000. And before was 456/500. At thursday. 

Is it fair? 

Two challenges exists related to scraps. One is getting 500 scraps, and after completing that one, another one appears that is collecting 2000, so it worked as intended. Same thing as the 191 scavenged locations, in reality there is 227 locations, but the last challenge of the strings asks for the last 191, with the other ones covered in prior challenges. 

Oh man I found out about the closure on the 28th.  Luckily hit 501 with a login, but I ended up 142 scrap shy of 2,000 at midnight on the 31st.  I signed in at 7am Nov 1 and got the scrap, assumed that meant all was well.  Just signed on for the heck of it and nothing.  So sucky for those that missed out for effectively no reason.

• Like 2

On 11/3/2020 at 4:02 AM, alexhardstyle said:

The choke glitch just happened to me, did you found any solution?

I had to restart the game again. I was fortunate enough to have enough time to get the online scrap before the servers shut down. 

On 11/3/2020 at 1:35 PM, Sinthoras_96 said:

There was plenty of time for anyone interested in this game to get it done. 

Well and good if this wasn't such a mess of a game with multiple ways to glitch you out of the Up to the Task trophy. I had two different glitches that would have prevented me from getting the trophy; scrap and transfer tanks. I had to restart it twice and finally got the trophy on my third try.