Vampyr - Platinum Problems

VanHyperCure

Although a nice and different game it is a little tricky to achieve the platinum, as some trophies are missable and some can be unachievable in a single playthrough but possible. It is doable in one playthrough if you save at the right times but the game has some serious problems that you should know before you go for the plat. 

1.  The game has terrible loading and even though the map is very small travelling from one area to another will have you wait for an irritating loading screen sometimes, plus the game does not have any fast travelling options which makes it even more terrible. Personally, the game showed optimization problems in the later chapters. 

2. Crashes - The game for me and many other people online crashes randomly which makes it very difficult to play it naturally without losing your mind, I sometimes had to load it 20 times a day and was honestly a poor platinum experience. So just know that there a chance that you might have the same problem. 

Overall the game is ok to play, considering that it's quick platinum (took me three days with regular playing hours) and free with PS Plus this month. Just wanted to let you know what I experienced with the game. Hope I helped you in deciding whether to platinum this game. And pay important attention to missable trophies if you don't want to play through it again.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

The top spot to be frozen is if you loose hospital, east side of the district. There are so many enemies, that game crashes or got frozen eventually, after very heavy frame rate drops. Generally speaking, if turning any districts hostile - it will most likely will turn into slide show.

I know right the frames drop throughout the game at weird points and it turned to be a very bad experience for me. And turning districts is not recommended if you want to go for the plat in a single playthrough. 

• Like 1

Yeah game always crashes if you get to many enemies on screen or chasing you. I tried running through the city not killing enemies but the game crashed everytime. You have to kill the enemies you come across otherwise it will crash eventually. Hopefully it will perform better on PS5.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, VanHyperCure said:

And turning districts is not recommended if you want to go for the plat in a single playthrough. 

You still have to do it, and it can turn into learning how to lure enemies one by one, not because they hard to kill, just because they together will kill your game.

• Like 2

I enjoyed the game very much but it is a technical mess unfortunetly. Freezes and crashes all the time and it gets much worse the further you progress through game. Loading times when you load a save/enter a building are horribly long but that's one thing. Other are these brief loadings while you simply run through the streets. Sometimes I had like four of them within 20 seconds. Fast travel would help a lot but well, it is what it is.

I only wish I wasn't playing only for trophies cause it made me go pacifist and I had to pass on some skills which I would mess around with gladly. I think experience matter isn't balanced at all. 5 xp for every single enemy (excluding bosses), no matter what level they are versus 3000 for embracing one citizen? I just finished cleaning up weapons and districts hostility trophies and I got more xp for eating West End alone than for entirity of the game doing all sidequests and healing everybody everyday. 

I definitely will play it once more in the future, going full carnage, but not in the current state.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, maniek515 said:

I enjoyed the game very much but it is a technical mess unfortunetly. Freezes and crashes all the time and it gets much worse the further you progress through game. Loading times when you load a save/enter a building are horribly long but that's one thing. Other are these brief loadings while you simply run through the streets. Sometimes I had like four of them within 20 seconds. Fast travel would help a lot but well, it is what it is.

I only wish I wasn't playing only for trophies cause it made me go pacifist and I had to pass on some skills which I would mess around with gladly. I think experience matter isn't balanced at all. 5 xp for every single enemy (excluding bosses), no matter what level they are versus 3000 for embracing one citizen? I just finished cleaning up weapons and districts hostility trophies and I got more xp for eating West End alone than for entirity of the game doing all sidequests and healing everybody everyday. 

I definitely will play it once more in the future, going full carnage, but not in the current state.

I doubt they will fix the game considering it was released quite a while back. All we can hope is that PS5 with the ssd has a better experience for us, but i doubt that too as the problem is more with the game optimization rather than the hard disk. :(

I like this game, but its bad optimization kills it for me. Not gonna come back to this once I'm done, since it's just too annoying, although it would be really cool to play this, not giving a sh*t. terribly long loading screens are one thing, but there are a ton of little imperfections that challenge my patience. And I hate the combat system. It's quite clunky and sometimes I feel totaly luck based. When I fought Mary, for example, I stuggled a lot, tried it a couple of times not getting anywhere. And then, out of nowhere I just beat her, with no effort at all.

Edited by Skargarim
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HellcoreFire said:

I have to go back to it for the plat. But I don't remember encountering any bugs when I played it. I did play the disc version on 1.00. Don't know if this makes any difference?

The earlier version of the game was better, i think i heard people who played it when it released had no problems but later when it was patched it started showing problems. I suggest that you don't update it and play the base disc only.

On 10/14/2020 at 2:25 AM, VanHyperCure said:

The earlier version of the game was better, i think i heard people who played it when it released had no problems but later when it was patched it started showing problems. I suggest that you don't update it and play the base disc only.

I was unable to obtain the "collect all weapons" trophy on my base copy. Replayed the game twice but Doris Fletcher wouldn't drop her weapon. Not sure what may've caused that, but I'd imagine it's fixed with the latest patch. So just a bit of caution for those that plan to play the vanilla version. I plan to download the patch and see if I can earn it with my back-up save (just before entering the theater).

• Like 1