How's the game so far?

SGRevan

Heyhey,

I bought the game myself just now. (Fyi, awesome artwork, so I got the physical copy)

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1602595657

One: Because the characters/setting look(s) amazing.

Two: To support a smaller indie developer.

Three: Because I just played the previous one and I kinda enjoyed it!

^_^

How are you guys/girls enjoying this game so far?

Any improvements you really enjoy compared to the previous installment (Remothered: Tormented Fathers).

Let us know, thanks!

• Like 3

I also bought the physical copy, but after reading that the game is supposedly very buggy, I'm holding off on opening it for now.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/262120-remothered-broken-porcelain/79037222

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/262120-remothered-broken-porcelain/79037934

Edited by Cloud_Squall78
Modified text

25 minutes ago, Cloud_Squall78 said:

I also bought the physical copy, but after reading that the game is supposedly very buggy, I'm holding off on opening it for now.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/262120-remothered-broken-porcelain/79037222

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/262120-remothered-broken-porcelain/79037934

Hmmm, thanks for posting this.

Perhaps I'll hold off too, but I'm eager to experience it though! ^_^

Sad. Was excited to see how much of an improvement it could be because they were with a publisher this time and presumably had more money behind it. Their situation probably wasn't helped by how bad COVID hit Italy either. Can we end the "scary games in time for Halloween" thing?

Edited by communistwookiee

1: There is framerate issues (not that bad but noticeable). In a trapped section the stalker animation skips (goes forward and then warps to locking the door) though this apparently is fixed now.

2: The Stalker seems too aware honestly. When sneaking up on a stalker to attack and the prompt for attacking comes up, you get a split second to attack as they instantly know you're there.

3: The starting area stalker guy straight up bugged himself in the second room for me.

4: Recent patch has completely disabled skills, can't even buy them. Patch before that had a glitch where you could buy skills and load up your mirror file and keep the skills, it is why I have the trophy for all the skills prior to chapter 1 which should be impossible (unless this is how it works by design which I would think unlikely). Even in that patch however there was a glitch that would take your items AND bought skills. Why that glitch happened I don't know, could be random on loading. I've heard death causes it too and maybe I never had a key item when it happened to me, but that one apparently took key items too which... yeah, made the game unwinnable. Recent update apparently fixes the item/skill loss of that nature.

5: Skills, when they were working, were if you had them seemingly working but it would not be surprising considering the rest of the state of the game if some were not. Survival skills for example could be bought but could not be viewed (it would show barrier) and buying them would cost 0 keys.

6: Collectibles wise I can provide some info. I've not loaded a new game but it seems that collectibles go across playthroughs, all you need is to trigger a save for you having it for good. Snow Globes which I saw 3 before I could pick up my first you have to wait for being able to pick up so don't worry. You get something called "Moth Eye" and in that Snowglobes light up yellow and you can then pick them up (there seems to be 28 in total). Prologue area has a milk carton to collect and I saw a snow globe (second room) that I couldn't pick up so I assume you do get to return to it. I hope someone is noting down the collectibles and getting a guide together because I've not been noting them... there does appear to be a lot and they seem easily missed. For example there is a segment with 3, yes, 3 stalkers, and during it there are collectibles. Though if you can return to the area in safer periods that might not be a huge deal. I think it doubtful they require you to get all the collectibles in one playthrough by the way as the snow globes literally cannot be picked up again if you've gotten them (loaded up an earlier save and it wasn't there). As such I'm making a new file if any areas possibly might become unavailable as that way, once someone has a list I can just load to whatever area it's at, get them, save, and have it.

7: Speaking of the prologue you are trapped so after getting the carton in the second room you can just let the guy take you out. The chase after you deal with the female chaser you have to fire extinguisher the guy and allow him to grab you which then instantly ends the chase. I'm listing these here because me and looking online, others, wasted a bunch of time on this segment due to the nonsense of having to lose with no indication of this. The game tells you to defeat the stalker and you are just done taking a stalker out so you assume you just have to repeat what you did to take them out... but the stalker can't die no matter how many times you bring them down.

8: I wouldn't say the game is exactly difficult. It has a no save trophy but that isn't an issue as the game does autosaves often enough which don't count towards a no save run (it only breaks if you use a mirror). It is also heavily event driven which if you have played something like White Day you should know means you can abuse the events to get past areas with the autosaves making it even easier than something like White Day. For example in the section with 3 stalkers there is a door which when you go up to something will happen which will trigger an autosave. You can then quit, load autosave, and you'll be there and not being chased by the three stalkers. 

9: As for the story... I'm unsure exactly how to place it for people. I recall the story beats from the first game but I really don't recall it having this much swearing and some of it just comes off silly. A joke between two characters in a flashback seems very 2020 rather than 1973 when the game is set too. Characters from the first one are mentioned often and I have liked one of the twists they've done there. I'm looking forward to what will transpire next though I won't say anymore than that as I don't want to clue in/spoil anything.

• Like 2

I had an issue where I would get stuck in the crouched position or the character would randomly crouch despite the fact I hadn't pressed the button. Other times she wouldn't crouch despite the fact I pressed the button. Sometimes she wouldn't run despite the button being pressed. It got me killed enough times to be frustrating. I'm not the only one either according to Steam. Also, in the very beginning when you're following Andrea, she leans against a doorframe and another woman is supposed to pop out of a door further down the hall and say something. Well, in my case that woman never came out, so Andrea stayed at the door and I couldn't progress. I had to reload my save. I'm still at the beginning, yet these issues make me loath to try the game again until they're fixed. It shouldn't have been released yet. If anyone is thinking of buying this game, wait.

Edited by NotExactlyHuman
Spelling
  • Like 1

It's awful right now. I was playing fine until I noticed that the movement is awful and hard to run away with the controls.

There was a patch that seemed to have fix this some, but now it wiped all of the skills acquired and broke where you can no longer upgrade any skills, even when you have enough Moth Keys.

I'd suggest holding off on playing for a bit. I'm going to hold off and most likely will have to start a whole new game after a few more patches.

• Like 1

I finished the game and I did like the story. The final gameplay segment I liked even though it was a bit annoying. Music seemed good to me. 

Have some information for people regarding the trophies.

1: There is a choice right at the end which gives you a different cutscene based off it. Those are the only missable cutscenes I saw so as long as you don't skip any cutscenes throughout the game, loading up your endgame file and picking the other choice and seeing the second cutscene will net you the movie viewer cutscene. I tried to view the reward cutscene but all I got was a black screen with music in the background so either it is that, or it is glitched... oh well. 

2: I loaded my file whenever I died/got reset and did not get the no death run trophy. If I had to make a guess why. Recall what I mentioned previously about buying skills, loading up your mirror save and then having the skills and the keys you used? I think whenever you die it registers it on your mirror file so loading your file after a death will not work. As such, uploading your data and downloading the file will be what you'll need to do if being safe.

3: Loading the game seems to me to respawn items (didn't extensively test) so the stab stalkers 50 times can likely simply be grinded on the killer you got to let grab you after the female stalker as he will get up no matter how many times you stab him. No idea if it goes across playthroughs but I imagine so. Side note, there is a trophy for taking down each stalker though I wonder if two of the them even can be defeated and so don't count... ummm... don't know, will see.

4: Now this is a big one because, what the hell. Unless on a new playthrough you just have Moth Eye always... some of the snowglobes seem outright impossible to get as they're in segments you can't use moth eye and in some where I managed to get to their spot later... they weren't there anymore. As such the 100% collectibles trophy might well be unobtainable currently. I'm also concerned as I thought I did quite well on collecting collectibles and didn't find even half of the snow globes that seem to be in the game. No idea on how well I did on the other collectibles but a funny thing happened when I counted the milk cartons as clearly they're referencing something in the plot and yet I had 1 extra carton than the plot number.

Edited by Rozalia1

After having played this game on PC for a little less than two hours, I requested a refund. It's utterly unplayable. Framerate issues, player getting stuck, adversaries getting stuck, camera getting stuck, objects missing (preventing you from advancing), unintuitive controls, and a lot more. DO NOT buy this game YET. Wait out the developers. Hopefully, they'll fix most issues within the next month. It's almost as if they didn't playtest the game prior to releasing it. The only good things I have to say is that the graphics are absolutely astonishing, the voice acting is good, and the music is phenomenal.

• Like 1

I was planning to have this as one of the horror games im gonna play this October but i guess i probably should wait and see if they fix all the problems first and i would like somebody to make a guide on how to get all the trophies before i start playing it too or else i will probably have no idea how to get many of them.

I hope the game has a chapter select so you can get stuff you missed if you need to.

Edited by CyberLance
  • Like 1

Anyone got more than 14 snow globes? The list in extras lists 25 as attainable but from what I've seen the most people have been able to find thus far is 14. 6 being Moth Eye accessible and the other 8 not which means to get them you have to throw something at them. Either 11 collectibles are somehow really hidden or this is a Bloodstained situation where they intended to have 25 snow globes, cut the number down to 14, but left the empty spots in the game thereby making it unattainable until a patch trims them from the list.

For the no death run being "reset" near the end when you need to get a key in a room is fine and does not count as a death. Also... be very careful with your autosave on the no save run. Don't take a break on the wheelchair section as that will cause the game to glitch when loading (you have no model and can "free" yourself and get the remote, but then can't move). This next one was pre 1.02 but don't take a break post freeing yourself either as that will glitch the lock on a door you have to shoot and render it unbreakable. You're safe once you break the lock and it autosaves there though if the enemy in that section grabs and throws you to the floor than your character will freeze in place (note that this is the grab to the floor. Saying this as the end of the section involves that enemy grabbing you with a different grab which you don't have to worry about). Right at the end make sure you have a back up before the final group of cutscenes. First try at them the cutscene going into the final gameplay section caused the game to hang and on loading it back up the save file listed "title" and selecting it would put it at the title screen to where it would then do nothing. Loading my back up it did it again on the same spot but this time didn't do the title thing so I was able to load the autosave and continue. Then after the next patch of cutscenes it hanged again but thankfully was loadable so I finally finished the game. Another instance I found that was glitched but not completely is the fight in the garage. If you just do it then everything runs fine but if you load the autosave that happens at the fights start than the enemy can't be stunned. They can still be defeated so they aren't made invincible but the difficulty increases. Also, I can't say I tested it but I wouldn't even use the mirror to heal yourself. You don't need it as loading autosaves restores you to full and why risk voiding the trophy?

The glitch I used to get Moth Lady has been patched out it seems however there is still a trick you can use to max yourself out. Find 8 keys (there are some in the lobby/stairwell area which gets locked so make sure to find those at the start) and go to the level up box. Purchase all the "barrier" skills which at level 5 will grant you the effect of getting a key when you successfully block a stalker from opening the door (the trophy conditions for "You can't go through!" trophy). Get 8 more keys with this and max out "Luck" next as I believe it can trigger on key pick ups from blocking doors. Then max out the rest in whatever order. It is hard to say what is and isn't working. Stuff like Barrier clearly is but then you got stuff like the weapon related one which seems broken (at least the holding 2 weapons effect), which is fun as it might have been working pre-1.02 (can't recall for sure). 

Next thing I'll be doing will be the stalker related trophies regarding stabbing them so I'll post info I get on those down the line. Even with just the 1.02 patch the game has improved a bit. Framerate issues are largely fixed it seems. Skills are messed up still on any file that was running on an older patch/unpatched but are good if you start a new game. I can say having fully played it now that most people are going to have most of their annoyances being with dealing with the first stalker (not the guy in the prologue) as you actually need to defeat them and then the first area with the second stalker with the gun. Gun stalker honestly has to be seen to be believed in how damn bad he is. You start in a room where it is hard to avoid him landing a hit on you, which if he does you might well be dead there and then as the Gun stalker having a gun naturally can shoot you, and he shoots fast enough that he can stun lock you to death. Fortunately depending on how you get hit, if a corner then you're dead, if into a open area than you may, that is may, be able to move far away enough that he misses one of his shots. Additionally 1.02 has glitched the Gun Stalker in their first encounter as he may instead of attacking you as he should, lose track of you instantly and exit the room instead. Speaking of the gun stalker, to get past that section you have to spray the stalker with the fire extinguisher twice (do it once and run away to allow it to be useable again) and then be near him so he grabs you to end the segment. Beyond those instances though the stalkers aren't really a problem. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2020 at 1:32 PM, Rozalia1 said:

Anyone got more than 14 snow globes? The list in extras lists 25 as attainable but from what I've seen the most people have been able to find thus far is 14. 6 being Moth Eye accessible and the other 8 not which means to get them you have to throw something at them. Either 11 collectibles are somehow really hidden or this is a Bloodstained situation where they intended to have 25 snow globes, cut the number down to 14, but left the empty spots in the game thereby making it unattainable until a patch trims them from the list.

And what about snow globes ? I found 20/25 and checked every single corner . Searching on net and no one didnt upload any collectible guide. The most annoying part is the corrupted data with auto saves when u try to do the non mirror save trophy.

On 30/10/2020 at 2:43 AM, Suffocationgr said:

And what about snow globes ? I found 20/25 and checked every single corner . Searching on net and no one didnt upload any collectible guide. The most annoying part is the corrupted data with auto saves when u try to do the non mirror save trophy.

If you post the ones you have someone may be able to help, I still remember where some are. All 25 are the in game I should confirm here as no one else has. Me and @KainDMD both played around the same time, looked around, and updated each other on any progress (many thanks).

As for autosaves... yeah, it's rough. I lost my first crack at it because I had to go when at the wheelchair segment which meant when loading back in I had no character model and was just a floating camera (could undo restraints and get remote, but couldn't then move). My advice is to keep backups and always confirm if the autosave is safe before you overwrite your backup. The only other place I noticed that broke the game a bit when loading an autosave was the garage fight. It didn't render the game unwinnable, but the enemy became unstunnable meaning it was hard to notice if you were even doing damage plus of course the fact that it meant he was always after you.

For the stalker trophies. Andrea, Ashmann, Elisa, and Porcelain are the ones you have to take out. Porcelain however is only able to be taken down in the very last chase segment he is in (when you have to grab some film). He appears to glitch when defeated as he has no defeat animation and just freezes in place, but it thankfully still counts. The Red Nun isn't needed (or perhaps she is but the boss fight marks her as downed) though you can in fact down her. Stabbing her with normal weapons wouldn't take her down even after 4 stabs, but 1 corrosive knife took her down... it could be she is supposed to be unstoppable but the corrosive knife glitches past that and downs her... well, it's not like it matters.

As for 50 stabbings. Do the first chapter up until you unlock the room with the safe so Andrea opens up the door between the hallway and the room you use the phone. Then use the TV in the starting room and hide in the opposite end of the room. When Andrea stops at the TV you have enough time to stab her (you can move earlier though too early and she'll spot you). Run away, collect another weapon, lose aggro, repeat the using of the TV. I did not count how many weapons are on the level but you can get 10 a go if you wish. When you are satisfied with your stabs, save the game at a mirror and then load the save you made to respawn the weapons. Stabs track across playthroughs so you can certainly leave this till the end. The reason for doing it at this stage by the way is any later and Andrea will be downed completely after 4 stabs, at that stage I listed however she will get back up no matter how much she gets stabbed.

I am trying to get the son of a b*tch trophy. If anyone wants some info about this trophy that could help them so far I have found that :

Andrea: is the easiest to stab and you can stab her during chapter one using the TV noise and hiding on the corner where the dresser in Celeste's room is.

Ashman & Eliza:  Were the hardest ones. You can knock them out during the restaurant chapter in which Andrea,Ashman and Eliza chase you.

I could not stab Eliza from behind (there wasn't an X option for me) but I managed to throw at her 5 bottles while she was chasing me.For Ashman I used a knife twice stabbing him from behind (which wasn't easy because you have 3 enemies chasing you) after hiding in one of the boxes.Ashman and Eliza took me around 2 hours to knock them out.

Red Nun : Pretty easy. Make sure to have an icebraker (you can find it on the right counter of the meat refrigerator). You get to stab her during the restaurant chapter after you help Elisa escape using moth abilities. Use your moth abilities to turn on the jukebox while hiding next to the stairs where she cannot see you.As soon as she reaches the jukebox , stab her from behind. During the first time after you stab her,run and hide on the locker in the room where the manual save is and wait for her to reach the restaurant again. Stab her once more same way and she gets knocked out.

Porcelain : Second time you are in the basement,he stays only in the cinema room,which makes it easy for you to sneak behind his back . Stab him twice.He will not fall but the trophy will pop up after you hit him twice.

Edited by TakemetoNarnia4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

Ashman & Eliza:  Were the hardest ones. You can knock them out during the restaurant chapter in which Andrea,Ashman and Eliza chase you.

I could not stab Eliza from behind (there wasn't an X option for me) but I managed to throw at her 5 bottles while she was chasing me.For Ashman I used a knife twice stabbing him from behind (which wasn't easy because you have 3 enemies chasing you) after hiding in one of the boxes.Ashman and Eliza took me around 2 hours to knock them out.

Eliza is pretty easy with diversion items in the starting room that u are trapped and using the moth ability for first time. Just put one on the floor and hide behind the pack of meat, close to the entrance and wait for the right moment to attack.

3 hours ago, Suffocationgr said:

Eliza is pretty easy with diversion items in the starting room that u are trapped and using the moth ability for first time. Just put one on the floor and hide behind the pack of meat, close to the entrance and wait for the right moment to attack.

Eliza would have been easy if I had done what you just said but i didn't think of that option lol

22 hours ago, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

Eliza would have been easy if I had done what you just said but i didn't think of that option lol

check on the next room, u can find 2 diversion items , one is very close to her. A music box. If you go more playthroughs. But be fast, because if it takes a long time , Ashmann and Andrea will enter the room too. One time Eliza stucked in a corner and was an easy hit :P

On 6/11/2020 at 1:19 PM, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

I am trying to get the son of a b*tch trophy. If anyone wants some info about this trophy that could help them so far I have found that :

Aren't Andrea, the Red Nun and Porcelain mandatory? Or do the boss battles not count for the trophy? [I have yet to finish the last chapter]

16 hours ago, FulgidoLucio said:

Aren't Andrea, the Red Nun and Porcelain mandatory? Or do the boss battles not count for the trophy? [I have yet to finish the last chapter]

Andrea is. Red Nun I knocked out but I've heard she actually isn't required (perhaps the boss battle checks her as knocked out?). Porcelain can only be knocked out (though he remains standing) in the final portion of the game. The ways you use to defeat him in previous parts of the game don't check him down as knocked out.

Also, thanks for writing stuff up for people @TakemetoNarnia4 but beyond what you missed with Elisa that has been mentioned, you miss that you can actually knock out Ashmann in the first segment with him chasing you where you have to use the fire extinguisher twice on him so he can grab you to end the section. Simply don't use the fire extinguisher to end the segment until you've knocked him out. Much easier to do here than in the following area with 3 stalkers.