Bioshock Collection/Bioshock 2020 rerelease Share Save Files but Not Trophy Lists

LoneGuitarist

While this was probably discovered a while a go, i just found out that Version of Bioshock in the Collection from a few years ago shares the save files of the 2020 rerelease but have completely separate trophy lists not sure how many other games have the same, i would assume it would be the same for Bioshock 2 and Bioshock Infinite. I'm from the UK so i don't if this will work everywhere.

What this Means is Certain Trophies will Auto-pop when you do the required action ie. Photography an Enemy, Hacking, Inventing, Picking up Audio Diaries as long as you have the Trophy in the other Version.

I Don't know for certain it will work for all trophies, but it might work to Get the rescue all Little sisters trophy, if you have a save in the other version of the game with the right conditions.

I would also point Out the version i have Trophies for including the Platinum is the 2020 Rerelease

Can Confirm it will pop the difficulty trophies and Little Sister Saviour trophy if you have a save from the other version.

Edited by LoneGuitarist

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Nope, cross-save only works for the EU and JP versions, US players have to start over entirely from scratch.

Im not following m8. How do i start this version? Because the other physical one i have is the rating 18 which is bought in norway which is eu ?

12 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Wrong. It works for NA and EU, not JP. 

You're absolutely right. For some reason, I had the save system mixed up with where the stacks are from :facepalm:.

8 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Im not following m8. How do i start this version? Because the other physical one i have is the rating 18 which is bought in norway which is eu 1f60a.png

Here's how the stacks work :):

Bioshock 1:

Global PS3

JP PS3

Bioshock Collection PS4

Standalone Digital Re-Release EU PS4

Standalone Digital Re-Release JP PS4

Bioshock 2:

Global PS3

Bioshock Collection PS4

Bioshock: Infinite:

Global PS3

Bioshock Collection PS4

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

You're absolutely right. For some reason, I had the save system mixed up with where the stacks are from :facepalm:.

Here's how the stacks work :):

Bioshock 1:

Global PS3

JP PS3

Bioshock Collection PS4

Bioshock 2:

Global PS3

Bioshock Collection PS4

Bioshock: Infinite:

Global PS3

Bioshock Collection PS4

So standalone bioshock digital is the list that doesent have NA after the name here? Aand EU vers is the one in disc collection in eu? sorry we norwegians are sometimes stupid?haha, 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

So standalone bioshock digital is the list that doesent have NA after the name here? Aand EU vers is the one in disc collection in eu1f600.png sorry we norwegians are sometimes stupid1f601.pnghaha, 

Correct, there are no stacks for the NA versions of these games. If you want to stack 1 and 2 on the PS4 after playing the Trilogy Collection, you have to get the EU and JP Standalone Digital Re-Releases.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Making sure I understand correctly. I play the Bioshock Collection EU version Bioshock 1 for instance and proceed to Platinum it. I then buy the EU Bioshock 1 Remastered release and after using the save file from the one I have platinumed, I should get all the trophies in the remastered release. 

11 minutes ago, Johnnybaz85 said:

Making sure I understand correctly. I play the Bioshock Collection EU version Bioshock 1 for instance and proceed to Platinum it. I then buy the EU Bioshock 1 Remastered release and after using the save file from the one I have platinumed, I should get all the trophies in the remastered release. 

It won't auto-pop all of them but you will get some of them.