PS4 system software update 8.00 launching today

Ghost

7 minutes ago, TheDarkBlade9 said:

I have just updated and my friends list is no longer visible, I am getting a WS-44369-6 error. From a quick search it seems that I am not the only one, it may also affect parties.

This happened with me, I restarted my console and it was normal again

32 minutes ago, TheDarkBlade9 said:

I have just updated and my friends list is no longer visible, I am getting a WS-44369-6 error. From a quick search it seems that I am not the only one, it may also affect parties.

Same here, the update has nuked my friends list and rebooting the system didn't help :(. Thanks for nothing Sony, you made a load of pointless and unrequested changes that caused more problems than you solved. UPDATE: Power Cycling my console didn't help either.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

The blog also fails to mention that when you start a party chat, your voice is recorded for moderation.

EDIT: Party members can record you in their gameplay etc, but you have an option to turn that off.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

WHAT!?!?!?!?! How is that legal? Is there anyway to turn it off?

No way to stop it or deny the request. It says the following:

"Voice chats may be recorded for moderation. By joining, you agree to be recorded."

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ghost said:

No way to stop it or deny the request. It says the following:

"Voice chats may be recorded for moderation. By joining, you agree to be recorded."

Sony really do like making themselves unpopular these days by doing stupid things like this ?. Welcome to hell to Orwell's Hell, people!

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I just checked. No Spider-Man avatars.

There is new ones:

Jax and Daxter

Gravity Rush

Infamous Second Son

Ape Escape

Shadow of Colossus

Puppeteer

Ratchet and Clank

Patapon

Knack

Bloodborne

Journey

Ghost of Tsushima

Uncharted 4

God of War

The Last of Us Part 2

The Last Guardian

Character avatars wearing helmets, hats, headphones, glasses, mask

Where do you check? I opened the avatar part of the store and the newest is still the same.

Or are they already added to your account?

1 minute ago, Beware_Of_Bob said:

Where do you check? I opened the avatar part of the store and the newest is still the same.

Or are they already added to your account?

It's added to our account: so edit profile and select change avatar, and they'll all be there.

• Like 1

Here's another new feature, trying to search for your friends will cause a memory leak that crashes the system on trying to restart it and then causes your external Hard Drive to need repairing once the system reboots - just what I always wanted.....not! EDIT: I've just checked the amount of Hard Drive I have left on both Drives and for some unknown reason, some of my games have ballooned massively in size e.g. The Handsome Collection went from approx 60gb to 100.9gb.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Does that also include 1 vs 1 with your friends? That's really creepy if I am being honest.

They should only allow this feature if you are in a party with more than 2 people and you are in a room with someone who is NOT on your friends list.

Recording ALL parties just seems crazy.

PS Who is gonna monitor this? Aren't there like at least 100,000 - 200,000 users logged online in PSN at any one time?

• Like 1

Is it just psn down? Or have they gone full retard ( like they do almost every major update ) and actually broke something. Like its just the friends list that doesn't work at all, parties I can join my own but seeing as I can't access friends list... I can't inv people... Gg Sony... Gg.

11 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

Is it just psn down? Or have they gone full retard ( like they do almost every major update ) and actually broke something. Like its just the friends list that doesn't work at all, parties I can join my own but seeing as I can't access friends list... I can't inv people... Gg Sony... Gg.

No idea I'm afraid but what I do know is, this update is a broken mess and should be avoided like the plague until the problems get worked out.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.