PS4 system software update 8.00 launching today

Ghost

36 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

It was impossible to ignore the massive backlash over the party system changes, so PlayStation has listened and will look into it.

We can hope that the old system comes back, but you shouldn’t expect that the PS5 feature for party members to report vocal abuses against the PSN ToS will go away. This feature is here to stay, for better or worse.

Hopefully they revert it, really not a fan of having to use message groups

• Like 2

On 10/14/2020 at 6:45 AM, Sinthoras_96 said:

Yep absolutely retarded. 

They should better remove the follower system and the communities (they are completely useless since you can't really have conversations in them Imho) 

Just a part of a series of stupid decisions Sony has made in the past couple years. I'm willing to bet their executives don't play games at all.

• 5 weeks later...

There's a lot to say about this update, bad and good, but my PC is basically broken now and I just no longer feel like going over everything. 

Gaming | Media
"Trophies and games have now been combined". This is a very stupid and unnecessary change that makes it so that they act as one now instead of being separate options. WHY? I heavily preferred the older options, when I could have my games hidden and my trophies public. I preferred it that way for good reasons, but now I either have to have them both public or both hidden. Then the problem with having them hidden is it makes PSNP almost entirely useless, since PSNP won't show the trophies, including the milestones, completion, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

Is anyone having any trouble with the new update 8.03? My pro got bricked after this but it couldve also been Cod. 

I've noticed my PS4 almost always says "please wait" for a bit now when first turning it on, either from full off or from rest. I've had it happen before sometimes but not literally all the time like it's doing now, but other than that it's still working fine.

2 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I've noticed my PS4 almost always says "please wait" for a bit now when first turning it on, either from full off or from rest. I've had it happen before sometimes but not literally all the time like it's doing now, but other than that it's still working fine.

i can definitely be sure since playing Cod Cold War my ps4 pro has seriously diminished in performance. There were reports of Cod bricking PS5s too.

i've noticed allot of the changes that have been made, are about making the ps4 experience substantially worse then ps5 to force more early adopters. because even though they have sold out, and refused to add captchas to prevent bots, not enough people are buying the games. most of the ps5 games out now are going through some pretty hefty price drops.

it's just slimeball millionaire ceo BS. if they wanted more sales.. they should have added capchas to ps5 purchases, so gamers have one, not botters with ten sitting on the floor doing nothing, thats 10 consoles sony has barely broke even on and it's making no cash from a potential player.

i hope this gets worse and treats them to a serious lesson.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

45 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

botters with ten sitting on the floor doing nothing, thats 10 consoles sony has barely broke even on

Dont console manufacturers take a loss on all hardware system sales?

There’s nothing much I can say which hasn’t been said already in this thread.

Like most people I’ve noticed many downsides since the update was released but on the positive side, my Dad can’t spam invite me to a party anymore since this update as you can’t manually invite players anymore.

But the downside is he keeps accidentally creating new message groups that I have to keep leaving as there’s no option for me to accept, I’m just automatically added in.

Thankfully my all time favourite update will always be the one in which they added the “appear offline” option ?.