PS4 system software update 8.00 launching today

Ghost

1 minute ago, TheDXJC56 said:

Anyone else notice everyone's Trophy Level jump by at least 100 or so (mine personally jumped from 30ish to over 400), is this part of the new update or have I just been braindead not noticing this for months?

Last week: https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/07/upcoming-trophy-levelling-changes-detailed/

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

WHAT!?!?!?!?! How is that legal? Is there anyway to turn it off? This is serious Big Brother Territory. 1984 was a warning, people, not a training manual!

This is probably the most out of character you've ever been, lol

I have a theory they are doing this so they can ban people who say politically incorrect things in a party chat. I was more outraged over them removing the ability for users to create a private community. Now existing communities are allowed to stay but if you didn't make one before the cut off date you're shit out of luck. They should have removed that stupid follower system instead.

Edited by JiII-Valentine--
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

I just seen how to make a party chat. This is so shit. Now you have to click on a group chat in Messages to send those people a party invite and everyone in that chat will be invited. Why is Sony complicating things? The system was perfectly fine how it was and no one asked for this. ??‍♀️

So now if you have a group chat of 5 but only wish to speak with 2 you have to make a separate group chat with those two. How idiotic is this

Yep absolutely retarded. 

They should better remove the follower system and the communities (they are completely useless since you can't really have conversations in them Imho) 

• Like 2

I can't believe people were unaware they could be recorded in parties before...

I have shitloads of videos saved to my PS4 where you can hear me and my friends conversing. This is definitely nothing new.

If it makes you uncomfortable, turn 'Allow your voice to be shared' off in your party settings, which is also not new.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

I just seen how to make a party chat. This is so shit. Now you have to click on a group chat in Messages to send those people a party invite and everyone in that chat will be invited. Why is Sony complicating things? The system was perfectly fine how it was and no one asked for this. ??‍♀️

So now if you have a group chat of 5 but only wish to speak with 2 you have to make a separate group chat with those two. How idiotic is this

literally... why make the thing worse??? How they thought this was a good idea is baffling. Parties were fine before so whyyyyy change it

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Dude... recorded by people you are in a party with. You really think your friends will record you and send it to sony?

As someone who never joins parties with random strangers you have nothing to worry about.

Since people seem to not be able to read: it is NOT sony recording you, the people you are in a party with have the option to record it... much panic for nothing.

I have friends of friends join parties and just hang around. They sometimes get pissed off at jokes people can say (nothing over the top, but you know how a party chat with a bunch of drunk guys can get out of hand...) and if one of the little twats wants to report you, they then can. When they weren't even welcome in the first place.

And i know what you'll say, set it on invite only, but not everyone does this by reflex. Although i will pay attention to it now.