Ghost

PS4 system software update 8.00 launching today

238 posts in this topic

anyone is having issues with Remote play? I was unable to login to PSN through remote play from early morning.

2 minutes ago, Maverick6146 said:

anyone is having issues with Remote play? I was unable to login to PSN through remote play from early morning.

Does it give an error without an error code?

3 hours ago, SealedCard said:

Here's images of the new free avatars:

Reveal hidden contents

sqQCtLJ.jpg

pjDG9XI.jpg

0upKrWD.jpg

dyoBUMP.jpg

Thanks for adding this ~ ^^

Bit the bullet and installed this a while ago. Haven't seen any problems so far. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, THEULTRAMEMELORD said:

so how do you get the new avatars.

It's at the same place where you can change your avatars, it's just under the purchased avatars.

Hey, anyone knows if you can use Google Authenticator now? I can't find the option

Jesus Christ.

This new update is a wreck. Not only is my PS4 acting strangely with my friends list having been rendered useless - which is still not working - but now I'm also experiencing terrible delays in Rainbow Six whenever I need to receive my Renown and Battle Pass XP, among other things..

Good God. I hope this is not foreshadowing nasty surprises for the PS5.

I've taken dumps that were better than this 8.0 update, it's plagued with nothing but problems. Did Sony ever bother to test this shit before forcing it on the masses? Updates aren't supposed to be goddamned downgrades. 

I’m honestly scared to update because of all these issues but it sucks that Sony still hasn’t pulled this when I can’t use Spotify, or even sync trophies now. 🙄 

I can’t image people are able to browse/download purchases from the Store without the update either. Sony’s likely losing money over this BS. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y

My PS4 seems to be running smoother now. Of course, that can easily change, but just wanted to throw it out there.

4 hours ago, LordBilbanes said:

I would never use Spotify considering their early association with Facebook.

I hear that, but even Google is leftist too, so we wouldn't be any better with Play Music either.

Edited by SnowbellKitty

2 hours ago, sk_lp_him said:

Did they fix it already?

According to this, PSN is having problems.

Edited by zizimonster

19 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

2 of the 5 are old ones released 8yrs ago and are technically inferior versions. I'd say only 2 of the 3 new ones are good. Which one do you actually plan to use?

Already choose. I choose the half good half bad version of jak as the avatar picture. One of the BEST from the jak & Daxter Avatars that was added

The friends list is fixed for me. Also ps4 seems faster now. But it changed the information from when your friend was last online.It seems it doesnt recognize ps3/vita anymore.

I have a friend who doesn't have ps4 and it doesn't say when he was last online, although 2-3 days ago he was playing ps3

17 hours ago, Katt said:

Finally.

IMG-20201014-145143-126-1.jpg

I should update this meme with "all my friends are level 1". Seriously, this update's brokenjsjsjsjs.

Does anybody else also having terrible wifi connection issues after that update? 

After reading this thread I'm very glad I haven't updated the PS4 yet. I'll stick to hunting some PS3 and Vita trophies for the moment.

Are the party settings related to "any friends can join"/"invite only" gone now? When I create a party, there are no settings about it, so I'm not sure if my friends can join the party without an invite.

I just updated (had no choice if I wanted to play Legends update tomorrow) and have zero issues...

Can connect to my user, console reads discs, remote play works, friends list works. No errors at all.

Maybe I'm just lucky, I dunno.

12 minutes ago, SnizelPS said:

I just updated (had no choice if I wanted to play Legends update tomorrow) and have zero issues...

Can connect to my user, console reads discs, remote play works, friends list works. No errors at all.

Maybe I'm just lucky, I dunno.

The PSN status page had gaming and social at yellow this morning and now it's green so I guess things are sorted. Doing my update now...

Edit: All seems fine for me.

Edited by jimbob12345678

32 minutes ago, jimbob12345678 said:

The PSN status page had gaming and social at yellow this morning and now it's green so I guess things are sorted. Doing my update now...

Edit: All seems fine for me.

This is what I like to hear.