PS4 system software update 8.00 launching today

Ghost

Jesus Christ.

This new update is a wreck. Not only is my PS4 acting strangely with my friends list having been rendered useless - which is still not working - but now I'm also experiencing terrible delays in Rainbow Six whenever I need to receive my Renown and Battle Pass XP, among other things..

Good God. I hope this is not foreshadowing nasty surprises for the PS5.

• Like 4

I’m honestly scared to update because of all these issues but it sucks that Sony still hasn’t pulled this when I can’t use Spotify, or even sync trophies now. ? 

I can’t image people are able to browse/download purchases from the Store without the update either. Sony’s likely losing money over this BS. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

2 of the 5 are old ones released 8yrs ago and are technically inferior versions. I'd say only 2 of the 3 new ones are good. Which one do you actually plan to use?

Already choose. I choose the half good half bad version of jak as the avatar picture. One of the BEST from the jak & Daxter Avatars that was added

I just updated (had no choice if I wanted to play Legends update tomorrow) and have zero issues...

Can connect to my user, console reads discs, remote play works, friends list works. No errors at all.

Maybe I'm just lucky, I dunno.

12 minutes ago, SnizelPS said:

I just updated (had no choice if I wanted to play Legends update tomorrow) and have zero issues...

Can connect to my user, console reads discs, remote play works, friends list works. No errors at all.

Maybe I'm just lucky, I dunno.

The PSN status page had gaming and social at yellow this morning and now it's green so I guess things are sorted. Doing my update now...

Edit: All seems fine for me.

Edited by jimbob12345678

5 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

Can anyone who has updated recently confirm if they’ve experienced the app bloating issues mentioned earlier in the thread? (Ex: an app that was 60 GB before is now 90 GB)?

Wondering if I need to uninstall some larger games I’m not currently playing to be safe. 

My PS4 was pretty full before the update (800GB used) and nothing bloated for me.

• Like 1