FlashbekBR

Is there a way to know the changes in trophies rarity after the F2P update?

7 posts in this topic

I mean, I'm just curious about how the F2P is affecting trophies rarity. Is it possible to track that somehow?

You can check it every day and write it down as it updates/changes?

Just now, DaivRules said:

You can check it every day and write it down as it updates/changes?

True, but I feel I'm too late for the party. The "massive change" already happened.

Here is a snapshot from 24.09.2020: link

And here is one from 16.04.2020: link

Not a dramatic difference to today if you ask me...

8 minutes ago, FlashbekBR said:

True, but I feel I'm too late for the party. The "massive change" already happened.

2 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Not a dramatic difference to today if you ask me...

Yeah, that's probably the massive change you're going to see up front. This will probably change much more over time than all at once. Even with 50k more people playing between those snapshots, this crowd is pretty big on getting at least the platinums on free games.

Wasn't this game free on Playstation Plus for a month before as well? That tends to stabilize the percent swings over time as well.

25 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Yeah, that's probably the massive change you're going to see up front. This will probably change much more over time than all at once. Even with 50k more people playing between those snapshots, this crowd is pretty big on getting at least the platinums on free games.

Wasn't this game free on Playstation Plus for a month before as well? That tends to stabilize the percent swings over time as well.

This. 

I got the Plat 4 years ago on a différent PSN account and the rarity was pretty much the same as now. It was free at launch with the PS+ so back them all us trophy hunters allready jumped on it, especially that some of the longuest trophies backthen was super easy (farming item in private no bots matches) 

4 hours ago, FlashbekBR said:

I mean, I'm just curious about how the F2P is affecting trophies rarity. Is it possible to track that somehow?

There isn't a big change right now but it will happen over time.

The thing is that most of the trophies are pretty easy to get anyway, I mean I got about 50% of all the trophies (DLCs included) by just playing the game for a few days, so most of them will come naturally to all players (not just trophy hunters).

But I do believe that we are going to see a big rarity change in every trophy that requires a specific item because it's pretty hard to get items in the F2P version.
Not to mention that new players will have to purchase 500 credits in order to be able to make trades, thus affecting all trophies that require trades and items.

so I do believe that the platinum trophy and the 100% will increase in rarity over time, even though the 100% is already ultra-rare right now.