2-Bloodborne

3-Death Stranding

Most Grindy

1-Inversion (PS3)

2-Binary Domain (PS3)

3-Battlefield Bad Company (PS3)

4-Far Cry 2 (PS3)

5-Verdun 

6-UFC 3  Undisputed (Rarest plat and unobtainable)

I had a long, grindy phase.

Highest Skill Based

1-Wolfenstein 2 :  New Colossus (NA and GER)

2-Vanquish (PS3)

3-Max Payne 3 (PS3)

Most Boring

1- Puppeteer (PS3)

2- Last of Us (PS3) Terrible trophy list.

3- Judgment  ( amazing game but the grind and skill to 100% is tedious.)

Platinum I did not achieve, but wanted

1-Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (PS3) - got bored, havent tried again.

2-Homefront 1 (PS3) - Server shutdown. 

3-Super Meatboy - Never tried but I can see the allure.

Edited by ARIXANDRE
Editing content
  • Like 1

Most fun platinums:
1 - SD Gundam: G Generation Cross Rays
2 - Ryu ga gotoku Ishin
3 - Nioh

Most grindy platinums:
1 - Yakuza 5
2 - Ryu ga gotoku Ishin (400 cucumbers and doing the same mission for about 140 times)
3 - Hokuto ga gotoku 

Highest skill based platinums:
1 - Judgment (drone racing)
2 - Kh bbs (mf)

Most boring / tedious platinums I earned:

1 - Sekiro (exp farm)

2-  Trail of cold steel 1 (100 hours)

Platinums that I did not achieve, but wanted:
1 - games that have online trophies (no ps plus)

2 - Kingdom Hearts 1 (power stones)

3 - Warrior Orochi 3 Ultimate (lazy to grind)

Edited by amuro073
  • Like 1

Most fun platinums:
1 - Any Just Dance game
2 - Resident Evil 2
3 - Bioshock Infinite

Most grindy platinums:
1 - Need for Speed: Rivals
2 - Bloodborne
3 - Deponia Doomsday (1001 jackalopes is a joke)

1 - Just Dance 2017
2 - Dark Souls III
3 - Prototype

1 - Assassin's Creed Syndicate
2 - Fe
3 - Deponia Doomsday (1001 jackalopes is a joke)

1 - Fall Guys (just screw it)
2 - Batman Arkham Knight (friend shared but they no longer have PS Plus, might return when I get PS Plus Collection)
3 - Overwatch (gotta look for consistent boosting squad, the trophy list is ridiculous)

• Like 1

I'm also new to the trophy hunting community, but here's my small contribution:

Most fun platinums:
1 - Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
2 - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

3 - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Most grindy platinums:
1 - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
2 - Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
3 - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

1 - Crash Bandicoot (there is a special place in hell for the guy who developed the jumping physics)

2 - Call of Duty: WWII (only for 100%, platinum is easy)
3 - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

MGS 2 would have been #1 if I was not a huge fan of this game and the series in general.

1 - Monster Energy Supercross
2 - Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3
3 -

Nothing special with these games, just boring and buggy.

1 - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
2 - Crash Bandicoot 2 (EDIT 7/01/2021: done ! A very hard platinum for those like me who are not good at platform games)
3 - Crash Bandicoot 3

Edited by waIafc0
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Most fun platinums:
1 - Dungeon Defenders
2 - Borderlands 2
3 - Diablo III

(Basically anything that had awesome 4 player coop)

Most grindy platinums:
1 - Battlefield Bad Company 
2 - Far Cry 2
3 - Uncharted 3

1 - Battlefield Bad Company
2 - Call of Duty Black Ops II
3 - Mirrors Edge

1 - Final Fantasy Remake
2 - Crysis 2
3 - Prince of Persia Trilogy 

(Any game where you are forced to play it 3x)

1 - Killzone 3
2 - Army of Two The 40th Day
3 - Resistance 2

Edited by Ronin893
Added text
  • Like 1

Most fun platinums:
1 - Persona 5 (trophies are good difficulty balanced without being frustrating)
2 - Persona 4 Golden (same as above)
3 - Mass Effect 2

Most grindy platinums:
1 - GTA IV
2 - AC Brotherhood (PS3)
3 - Armored Core V (closed servers)

1 - Armored Core V (closed servers)
2 - Armored Core Verdict Day
3 - Shadow of the Colossus

1 - Two Worlds II (some buggy trophies)
2 - Armored Core V (closed servers) (tedious due to lack of people online)
3 - Armored Core Verdict Day (tedious due to lack of people online)

1 - Dead or Alive 5
2 - Catherine
3 - Bladestorm: Nightmare

Notes about some not earned yet:

- Bladestorm: Nightmare will probably be the most grindy/skilled/boring platinum in my list ever.

- KH BBS is another that will be grindy and boring.

- Arcana Heart 3 Love Max also grindy/skilled as hell.

- DoA 5 and 5+ damn skilled based

Edited by DeathNyx
  • Like 2

Most Fun 

1. Resident Evil 2

2. Days Gone

3. Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage/Ratchet and Clank A Crack In Time/Day of the Tentacle Remastered 

Most Grindy 

1. The Last Of Us 

2. Borderlands 2

3. Mafia III

Highest Skill Base

1. none lmao

Most Boring/Tedious 

1. Sleeping Dogs 

2. Any Lego Game

3. Mafia II (all those collectables) 

Platinums I Did Not Achieve, but Wanted

1. Mortal Kombat X (unlockable trophy) 

2. Persona 5 (backlog)

3. RDR2  (Backlog) 

Edited by TheDragonfly44
  • Like 1

Nice Topic!

Most fun platinums:
1 – Crysis
2 – Battlefield 3
3 – Future Grind

Most grindy platinums:
1 – Battlefield Hardline (100%)/ Battlefield Bad Company
2 – World of Tanks
3 – Crysis 2 (Will be Mentioned again)/ Far Cry 2

1 – Fall Guys
2 – Shadow Warrior
3 – Titan Souls

1 - Star Wars Battlefront
2 – Crysis 2
3 – Battleborn

Platinums that I did not achieve (yet), but wanted:
1 - Crypt of the Necro Dancer
2 – Dreadnaught
3 – Verdun

• Like 1

Most fun platinums:

1 - Darkest Dungeon

2 - Jamestown+

3 - Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (J)

Most grindy platinums:

1 - Rayman Legends

2 - Mercenary Kings

3 - Sengoku BASARA HD

1 - Jamestown+

2 - Maldita Castilla EX

3 - Super Hydorah

Most boring / tedious platinums I earned:

1 - Resident Evil 6

2 - Devil May Cry 2 HD

3 - Streets of Rage 4

Platinums that I didn't achieve, but wanted:

1 - Sengoku BASARA 3 Utage

2 - Catherine

3 - Marvel vs Capcom 3

Edited by VegaMan-X4
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Most Enjoyable

1 - Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (What can I say, nostalgia is a powerful thing indeed, well that and my love for racing games whether it's simulation, futuristic, arcade or kart racing, I'm down! Having played the original on PS1 when I was a wee lad, I remember being the best at the game in my circle of friends despite not understanding how to drift boost or U-turn. I knew of some shortcuts but not all of them and this remake was a dream come true for me. It's quite challenging as well, the game has a very steep learning curve and the skill ceiling is limitless.)

2 - Sonic and Sega Allstars Racing (Another kart racer that was surprisingly solid considering it's age. Although it's not as challenging as CTR NF is, for the most part I enjoyed my time with the game. The time trials were an absolute breeze to beat, despite not knowing the track layout I smashed the developers times, although the same cannot be said for CTR :(. There were several missions that annoyed me when I was going for AAA ranks but other than that I enjoyed the game and would recommend it, just get someone to boost the online with you!) 

3 God of War 3 (It's God of War people do I need to say anything? Good luck with the challenges some of them were a pain in my arse!)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Most Grindy

1 - Diablo 3 Eternal Collection (I spent just shy of 100 hours playing through Diablo 3 and what a great 100 hours it was, minus the grinding but that's to be expected in an RPG so no complaints here.)

2Disgaea 3 Absence of Justice (This is my longest platinum to date tipping the scales over 150 hours and boy what a rollercoaster this was. The game fails to teach you anything and forces you to either learn at your own pace or look at a wikipedia. One thing I will say is the RNG required to find all of the pirates was very unnecessary and cost me a ton of unrecorded time due to resetting the game every few minutes or so.)

3 - Devil May Cry 5 100% (This is currently my 3rd longest platinum and 100% taking around 72.5 hours to complete which is pretty respectable if I say so myself. Fantastic game though, arguably the best in the series as far as combat is concerned, although I really like DMC3 SE as well! Good luck S Ranking all chapters on all difficulties.)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Most Skill-Based

1 - Devil May Cry 5 (Hardest trophy is S Ranking all 21 chapters on the following difficulties Human, Devil Hunter, Son of Sparda, Dante Must Die and Hell and Hell. That's 105 S Ranks in total. The hardest chapters of Hell and Hell for me were Chapters 4 and 5 with V, Nero was Chapters 3, 8 and 10. DMD was WAY harder to clear than HAH due to the simple fact enemies can activate devil trigger making them a damage sponge.) 

2 - Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (Having to rely on another competent player who knows their role and responsibilities to get the team missions completed was without question the hardest trophy in the game)

3 - Wet (I decided to go for Wet since the Gold medal times on the Boneyard Challenges requires near perfection as I tied the Gold time on more than 5 occasions. I don't normally comment or rate a platinum trophy in terms of it's difficulty but this game caused me more problems then the trophy guide on PSNProfiles would suggest.)  

Most boring/tedious

'Wait, what! I don't play boring games, I play what I enjoy or what I would like to get better at'

Lad87 2021

Platinums I did not achieve, but wanted to

1 Wipeout HD (Sadly the servers were canned before I started so I cannot get the platinum. I would say I have an 'Honouree 100%' as I would have been more than capable of getting the online trophies.)

2 - Not Applicable at this time

3 - Not Applicable at this time

Edited by LancashireLad87
  • Like 2

Most fun platinum's:

1 - Yakuza 0

2 - Nioh

3 - Digimon Cyber Sleuth:Hacker's Memory

Most grindy platinum's:

1 - Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition 

2 - Shenmue III

3 - The Last of US Ps4

Highest skill based platinum's:

1 - Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy

2 - Nioh(playing and doing all solo)

3- The Nathan Drake's Collection

Most Boring/Tedious platinum's i earned:

1 - Mafia 3

2 - Tomb Raider:Definitive Edition

3 - Vampyr(i like the game and if it wasn't for crash i would have done more playtroughs without using an USB save)

Platinum's that i did not achieve,but wanted:

N/A

• Like 1

Most fun platinums:
1 - Overwatch: Origins Edition - Also grindy and skill-based, but fun that you're forced to play and get skilled at all roles and characters for the platinum.
2 - Overcooked 2 - Playing with friends is fun. Chaos is fun.
3 - Saints Row IV: Re-elected - Personally loved the turn this franchise took.

Most grindy platinums:
1 - Dead by Daylight - Very fun game, but many of the trophies, particularly for the killer characters, are very grindy.
2 - Death Stranding - Getting all facilities to maximum connection level took a long time after completion of the story. Still enjoyable though. 

3 - Conga Master - RNG-based unlocking of characters (and trophies) meant having replay levels a lot, often gaining nothing.

Highest skill-based platinums:
1 - Just Cause 3 - Also a candidate for the grindiest category. 5 Gears on 112 challenges and 100%ing took a lot of time and skill.

2 - Bastion - Completing each Dream with all 10 idols invoked took a lot of patience and practice.

3 - Valley / Catlateral Damage - Getting through these games without succumbing to motion sickness felt like an achievement.

Most boring / tedious platinums:
1 - Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - Walking simulator but oh my goodness can we pick up the pace please. Had to play through multiple times due to glitch.
2 - Assassin's Creed Unity - One million chests on the minimap that all need to be looted. Zzz...
3 - XBlaze Lost: Memories - I wanted a platinum from an X game and all I had was this awful PS+ visual novel game.

1 - Assassin's Creed III - The only AssCreed platinum I'm missing between II and Syndicate, I just found it so painfully bad that I never want to go back to it.
2 - Fall Guys - Didn't bother to cheese the Infallible trophy when it was glitched, maybe I'll go back now that they've added squad mode.
3 - Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator - Last trophy is 100% RNG and really low chance at that, I'm not spending 100+ hours when it's not even guaranteed to happen.

Most Fun Plats:

1. EA UFC 3 - Big fan of MMA so this game was super fun to play online especially when you're the one doing the ass beating lol. Took around 300-400 hours over the course of 2-3 years.

2. Ghost of Tsushima - Everyone know why this game is fun as hell to play. Samurai's/beautiful setting/Slashing people up and cleaning your blade like a boss afterwards, never gets old. 

3. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot - Huge DBZ fan since forever basically and this was the first legit DBZ game I've played because I don't really play fighting games, but RPG's I get down with. 

Most Grindy Plats:

1. Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Basically all the new AC games are a giant grindfest and it's been pretty boring playing the last few entries. Odyssey was my fav of the last 3 though. 

2. EA UFC 2 & 3 - Although both games require some serious grinding online, as stated above I love MMA so it didn't feel too bad playing these games for hundreds of hours. 

3. Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Playing the "Shadow Wars" fort defense shit online was such a drag for me, the rest of the game was awesome though. 

Highest Skill-Based Plats:

1. EA UFC 2 - Getting Gud at these games was pretty tough at first, but it helps if you/re actually familiar with the postions/transitions of the ground game. Steep learning curve, while needing 100's of hours of online play to hit max rank.

2. EA UFC 3 - See above info, basically the same...

3. EA UFC 4 - WAY shorter than the previous 2 entries due to EA removing "Ultimate Team" mode, but still an Ultra-Rare because you still have to "Get Gud" for them online trophies. 

Most Boring/Tedious Plats:

1. Thief Simulator - Not really a good game technically speaking, but it had it's moment. One of those it's soo bad it's kinda good type of games if that makes sense lol. 

2. Ether One - Basically a buggy boring ass walking simulator that you need to find all the collectible for. 

3. Goat Simulator - This game lost it's charm after a few hours for me and ended up being a pretty boring plat. Didn't bother with any of the DLC because of this. 

Plats that I did not achieve, but want to:

1. Bioshock 2 - I've just been to lazy to do a second run on the hardest difficulty, I plan on cleaning that up pretty soon though. 

2. South Park: The Stick of Truth - Missed a couple of clothing items on my first run and didn't have the patience to run it back. I'll get around to it eventually, or so I tell myself...

3. Flame Over - Pretty tough rogue-like with LOTS of RNG involved. Only need a few for trophies for the UR plat though. Hopefully I can knock that out one day sooner rather than later.  

• 2 weeks later...

Most fun plats:

1. Alien Isolation - just loved everything about this game, one of the few games I enjoyed doing the hardest difficulty run, and the no-deaths one was way more manageable than I expected. Good variety of trophies in general.

2. Assassin's Creed: Origins- Tad bit grindy, but again good variety of stuff to do, some of the trophies encouraged an unexpected level of silliness.

3. Saints row the Third (Both regular and remastered) - Incredibly goofy and a simple checklist plat to get through, simply do everything which is not a problem as everything is so much fun, especially in co-op.

Grindiest:

1. Dark Souls 3 - This is well known to be ridiculous. I managed to finish a long audiobokk and get halfway through another while grinding for the last few covenant items.

2. Killzone: Mercenary - Most of the plat was pretty straightforward but the goddam 10,000 total kills trophy was mind numbing, especially since few levels had more than maybe 30-40 enemies at most.

3. My Name is Mayo - Why did I let myself buy this?

Most boring/tedious -

I'm not a fan of grinding in general so any of the above games plus some shitty easy plat games I bought it a spree a couple of years ago.

Highest skill based - 

1. My memories are vague but some of the arcade challenges in LittleBigPlanet Vita. Probably wasn't but back in 2012 my patience was ice thin, and it's still my rarest plat to date.

2. Dark Souls 3 again/ Bloodborne - Not particularly hard, but probably is the only "hard" game series I've managed to clamber over the learning curve for.

3. Uncharted Remastered - Just crushing difficulty, man. I know this is the easiest of the 4 mainlines but it gave me so much trouble.

Plats I did not achieve, but want to -

1. Dead space 1 and 2 - only trophy left in both is to beat on the hardest difficulty. Definitely doable on 1 if I would get off my ass and try, but the limited saves in 2 is really putting me off

2. Fallout:New Vegas - This is my favourite game of all time, but I can't put up with the PS3 performance anymore. I've played it to the end twice, and both times something went wrong and glitched the final quests, making them undoable. Just can't deal with it anymore.

3. Silent Hill 2 - Another absolute favourite, but it's just too hard, to put it simply. In comparison 3 was a piece of cake.

Most fun platinums:
1 -
The Last Guardian  
2 - Final Fantasy XV
3 - Transistor

Most grindy platinums:
1 -
White Knight Chronicles 2
2 - Mortal Kombat 9
3 - Red Dead Redemption 2

1 -
Street Fighter 4
2 - Mortal Kombat Vs DC
3 - Dirt Rally 2

1 -
Life Is Strange
2 - Life Is Strange BeforeThe Storm
3 - Terminator Salvation

1 -
GTA IV
2 - Resistance 2
3 - Max Payne 3

Most fun platinums:
1 - 
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
2 - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
3 - Witcher 3

Most grindy platinums:
1 -
Torchlight 3
2 - cross edge

3 - One Piece: Pirate Warriors

1 -
Tony Hawk pro skater 1 + 2
2 - Lords of the Fallen
3 - Crash Bandicoot: Warped

1 -
Tekken 7
2 - Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart
3 - Puss In Boots

1 -
Final Fantasy X-2
2 - Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns
3 - Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

Most fun platinums:
1 - Catherine (PS3) NA
2 - My name is Mayo 2
3 - DeadRising 2: OTR

Most grindy platinums:
1 - Devil may Cry 5
2 - Dragonball FighterZ
3 - WordSearch by POWGI (I Mean cmon wtaf)

1 -  Catherine (PS3) EU
2 - DMC 5
3 -  Starwars Battlefront

1 - DMC 5
2 - Dragonball Fighter Z 
3 -  Wordsearch by POWGI

1 -  Fall Guys
2 - Fifa 16
3 - Alien Isolation

Most fun platinums:
1 - Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight
2 - Marvel’s Spider-man
3 - Grand Theft Auto V

Most grindy platinums:
1 - Street Fighter V
2 - Grand Theft Auto IV
3 - Grand Theft Auto V

1 - PAC-MAN Championship Edition 2
2 - The King of Fighters XIII
3 - Metal Gear Solid 2

1 - Metal Gear Solid 3
2 - Street Fighter V
3 - Resident Evil Zero

I aim to 100% every game I play so below are the games I skipped with off-putting platinum requirements.
1 - Monster Hunter World

I have never played anything in the franchise, I would probably have tried this entry but I don’t want to risk getting sucked into losing the hundreds and hundreds of hours needed to plat MHW + Iceborne, life is too short.
2 - Dragon Ball FighterZ

I really would like to try an ArcSys game one day, this looks to currently be the best even though I have no familiarity with DBZ. 100 hours to platinum however means I’ll just wait and see what ArcSys do in the future (Persona 5: Arena? ...please)
3 - Gran Turismo Sport

This franchise was my jam back in the day. I only ever owned 5 games on PS2 but GT3 and GT4 were two of those. I skipped the PS3 generation and only got a PS4 in the past year so I was disappointed to see GT is now an eSports-focused thing.

Edited by Tsundokuist
  • Like 1

Most fun platinums:
1 - Nioh 2
2 - Bloodborne
3 - Dirt Rally

Most grindy platinums:
1 - Red Dead Redemption 2
2 - Dragonball Raging Blast 1
3 - Demons Souls (PS3)

1 - Assetto Corsa (BY FAR!)
2 - Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
3 - Trackmania Turbo

1 - Killzone Shadowfall
2 - Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires
3 - AC Odyssey

1 - Gran Turismo 5(online servers down)
2 - Lost Planet 2
3 - (I really don’t know..)

Most fun platinums:
1 - The Witcher III
2 - Marvel’s Spider-Man
3 - L.A Noire

Most grindy platinums:
1 - Rugby League Live 2
2 - Rugby League Live 
3 - N/A

1 - The Witcher III
2 - N/A
3 - N/A

1 - Virtue’s Last Reward
2 - LEGO Lord Of The Rings
3 - LEGO Jurassic World

1 - Red Dead Redemption 2 (For now. It will be mine one day)
2 - Far Cry 4 (Skills trophy glitched on me so stuff it)
3 - Rugby League Live 3

Most fun platinums:
1. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
3. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

Most grindy platinums:
1. Monster Hunter World /Iceborne
2. White Day
3. Final Fantasy XIII

1. Kingdom Hearts 2 (only because of the replica data fights)
2. Nioh
3. Borderlands 2

1. Ice Age: Scrat's Nutty Adventure
2. The Witness
3. Tales of Vesperia

1. Outlast 2
2. DmC: Devil May Cry
3. Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout

Most fun platinums:
1. Metro 2033 Redux
2. Metro: Last Light Redux
3. Metro Exodus

Most grindy platinums:
1. N/A
2. N/A
3. N/A

1. Axiom Verge (Beating the game on Hard and beating it on Speedrun requires skill and coordination)
2. Plague Inc. Evolved (Mega-brutal + RNG = Double-edged sword luck)
3. N/A

1. N/A
2. N/A
3. N/A

1. The Witness
2. Deadbolt
3. Enter the Gungeon (This will be high on the to-be Platinum list.)

Edited by test-dummy-99

All PS3 games

Most fun platinums:
1 - Burnout Paradise
2 - Sleeping Dogs
3 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Most grindy platinums:
1 - AC Brotherhood
2 - Assassin's Creed III
3 - Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

1 - Dishonored
2 - Gran Turismo 5
3 - Portal 2

1 - Beyond: Two Souls
2 - HEAVY RAIN
3 - L.A. Noire

1 - Hitman: Absolution
2 - The Last of Us
3 - Red Dead Redemption

Most fun platinums:
1 - God of war
2 - Bloodborne
3 - Sekiro 

Most grindy platinums:
1 - Monster hunter world(that rng for the crowns....)
2 - Star Wars battlefront 2 ( didn’t know about double-triple xp weekends)
3 - 

1 - Crash bandicoot 4
2 - Devil may cry 5
3 - Hollow knight

1 - Monster hunter world ( great game but those crowns....)
2 - 
3 - 

1 - Demons souls( don’t have ps3 or ps5)
2 - 
3 - 

Most fun platinum's:
1 - Astro's Playroom

2 - Nioh 1 and 2

3 - Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4

Most grindy platinum's:
1 - Final Fantasy XV

2 -  Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
3 - Crash Bandicoot

Highest skill based platinum's:
1 - Black Ops 3