Anyone else unable to use Remote Play on PC after the program updated?

Zehzin90

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Is that error on your phone? Have you tried it on a PC? Your subject says PC. but that looks like a phone screenshot and your description says "app".

That's just how the pop-up login window looks like.

Edited by Zehzin90

A lot of things are kinda broken right now. For some the friends list feature isn't working, my party function isn't working, and the MyPlaystion site hasn't worked properly for like a week now.

Just checked now, my mobile version is getting an error message after I try to log in.

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Can you try it on your phone then? You can probably eliminate a point of failure if it works on a different device.

When trying on te phone it says "You must update this app"... even though I literally just did.

Vita works though.

I didn't try to play through it yet (because I'm not going to update my PS4 just yet), but I did manage to log in even with some odd "connection timed out"  errors.

After you log in it gives you this option:

e13414a8fb9b2e9d9b4c28233c61a1b981f68998.png

And these are the new options.

086a147b6ab5a69846c31ea7bf7615d55a56f5dd.png

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I just tried to access Remote Play on my PC, and it told me I have to do an update.

When I started the update, it loaded for a while, and then it said my OS is not fit for Remote Play (I have Windows 8.1).

This is from the PlayStation blog:

"At the same time as 8.00, the existing PS4 Remote Play app on mobile (iOS/Android), Windows PC and Mac, will change its name to PS Remote Play, and the option to connect to PS5 will be added. You’ll need to sign in to PSN from your PS5 to be able to access the feature, so sit tight until PS5 launches this November!"

I'm not an English native speaker, so maybe I misunderstand, but does that mean, that you are only able to access/use RP when you have a PS5?

EDIT:

If it's needed information, I installed the 8.00 on my PS earlier today (and can't access friendlist in the Quick Menu nor join parties).

Edited by Infernopommes

But I want to connect to my PS4, and I won't buy a PS5 anytime soon.

So again, does that mean I can only connect to my PS4 after I bought a PS5 and signed in with that?

And why can't I update RP on my PC in the first place?

EDIT:

Thanks HuntingFever.

Edited by Infernopommes

No it does not mean you need to buy a PS5. The version 4.0 update just broke remote play for alot of players. myself included. 

I have read that changing passwords have fixed it for some, but it did not help in my case. I really hope this gets fixed soon or we get compensated for it in some way, maybe add the days that we couldnt play back to our ps+ subscriptions. Doubtful though.

Edit: This is really starting to tick me off. I cannot play a game until 8-9 O'clock at night because of this, sometimes later. I have yet to find an official reply/post from sony acknowledging that there is a problem with remote play. This is really concerning me about the quality of updates the ps5 might bring if they change ALL platforms or connection with each update.

Edited by schicic