Is this game still active?

Matches324

I have this game from when it was free on PS+ but never played it. Is it worth starting now? Both for a casual player and a trophy collector perspective. Is the current meta welcoming to players who are completely new to the game? At the very least I'd like to just play for fun and maybe shoot for a few miscellaneous trophies, not necessarily grind for the platinum unless I'm really loving it.

Since you specifically called out that you would 'at the very least just play for fun', despite the other responses calling attention to the grind of the platinum, go for it.  The game is a hoot and the more you learn the more proficient you become, and the better the game gets, both playing as a counselor and as Jason.  The amount you can learn about the ins and outs of the game are surprising.  I've been in plenty of lobbies where folks were laughing and screaming and it's great fun.

The public matches are plenty active, and if you set your preference to playing as Jason, you'll get a fair amount of starts as him.  Regarding trophies, the counselor trophies will undoubtedly pop before the Jason trophies do, but that's just how the game is designed.  One lobby has up to 8 people; seven are counselors, one is Jason.  The chances of playing as Jason over playing as a counselor are apparent.

I'm grinding it out at the moment, and it's easy, since the game is designed for boosting.  Find a partner if you want, go back and forth with quick matches, and the 1000 plays don't seem too bad.  In a 1.5/2 hour session, I usually net 25 or so matches each as Jason and as a counselor.  Sure, that's a small percentage of 1000, but if you're up for a few months of effort to pop a sub 1% plat, it's very doable.

• Like 4