[SOLVED] Your voice can be recorded in Parties for moderation purposes

bosstristan

5 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Sony probably doesn't want a recurrence of something that have experience with:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/11/14/why-the-paris-isis-terrorists-used-ps4-to-plan-attacks/#651ba5e97055

There you go, terrorists ruined it for everyone. Just like everything they do.

Also probably useful to fully quote Sony's actual wording on the matter:

"Please be aware that voice chats in parties may be recorded and sent to us by other users. By participating in voice chats, you agree to your voice being recorded."

That's what I'd like clarification on. Can they randomly listen to what you say? Or is it only if someone in the party reports you. Also, there's a fine line between such behavior (the content of the link) and stuff like swearing or else. That's the latter I'm worried about.

10 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

That, you and I will have to disagree on.

Now I'm really curious what kind of conversations you have in Playstation Party Chat that make you this concerned.

Nothing that should matter to anyone, but I don't want to suddenly be banned because I swore or something.

So apparently it's nothing too concerning :

2m793wqfs4t51.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bosstristan said:

The's no such thing as overreacting. I'm worried about that new privacy update and I'd like clarifications on the matter. You should not take everything fro granted and assert they won't ban for such things. (let me remind you they already banned users containing some words in their ID, one being the user's name)

Unless you've got recent examples, I'm not sure they do this anymore, since now we can change usernames.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

Great argument. Only people who have something suspicious to hide would be bothered with random people being able to listen to everything they talk about with others, that flawed way of thinking was never used to justify systematically spying on people at all. Is it too much to ask to at least know all the details of the dick they want us to swallow? Not all of us can casually and completely deactivate our gag reflex like some of you, nor are we willing to.

I completely agree. In order to follow the rules we need to know what they are and how they will be applied. Sony has not been transparent about these things with the exception of big issues. That is a significant problem.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

Great argument. Only people who have something suspicious to hide would be bothered with random people being able to listen to everything they talk about with others, that flawed way of thinking was never used to justify systematically spying on people at all. Is it too much to ask to at least know all the details of the dick they want us to swallow? Not all of us can casually and completely deactivate our gag reflex like some of you, nor are we willing to.

Or you just assumed I made that argument. Because I didn’t. It was a statement of my curiosity and nothing else. 

Your response is quite interesting though.