[NA] Halloween Sale | Ends 11/3 12AM PST

Neocarleen

This sale is honestly kind of poor - I mean, I don't expect 75% discounts every week of every month of the year, but there was not really anything here that made me sit up & pay attention. :dunno:

... & whilst a couple of the entries are a little baffling (like Crash & DBZ), it seems most are there as they have some kind of supernatural element to them. Anyone expecting to see a bunch of horror games is probably gonna be disappointed though.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Again, this sale is a perfect example of why I recently said that sales aren’t the same anymore. This isn’t a true Halloween sale, more like a makeshift sale that’s put together last minute. Sad man. 

What do you mean? Most of the games on the sale are terrible and nothing is more terrifying than the idea of wasting money on a bad game.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

One day. One day Nightmares from the Deep 3 will be on sale. In the nearly 3 years it's been out I don't think it's ever gone on sale.

It has - in 2018. That's when I grabbed it. https://psprices.com/region-ca/game/2148271/nightmares-from-the-deep-3-davy-jones

Otherwise, I strongly recommend Sayonara Wild Hearts (one of my favorite games ever). Sundered and Salt and Sanctuary are both amazing as well.

But yeah, very little that we don't see all the time in there...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Forrest_01 said:

This sale is honestly kind of poor - I mean, I don't expect 75% discounts every week of every month of the year, but there was not really anything here that made me sit up & pay attention. :dunno:

... & whilst a couple of the entries are a little baffling (like Crash & DBZ), it seems most are there as they have some kind of supernatural element to them. Anyone expecting to see a bunch of horror games is probably gonna be disappointed though.

Can confirm, I'm disappointed. I'll probably get the Blair Witch game, but everything else I already own. 

Mark of Kri and sequel Rise of the Kasai at $8. Rough sale price for such old games when you see newer junk for cheaper. 

but this is the first time in awhile they went on sale.   I'm unsure, and geez willickers did I do a lot of non-videogame purchasing this month already.

Anyone tried these PS2 ports?

Edited by ZZ383

14 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

It probably came with other artifex games I've already played unfortunately. Gotta try and catch it alone lol. Even if it went on sale with the other 2 games in the trilogy it likely wouldn't hit much lower than its standalone price.

As for this sale itself I'll always recommend Dragon Age: Inquisition for those that are on the fence about it at that price. I think waiting for the GOTY edition to go on sale is a better deal but some people might not want to wait.

It seems there were no AM sales since almost a year. Queen's Quest 4 being the oldest on my watchlist. Nightmares of the Deep Trilogy was on sale in Jan'20 (-60%), but if you already have the other two it makes no sense, as you would only save a dollar compared to standalone.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Crash Team Racing ....so spooooooooky

Seriously, why is that game here?

Because the micro transactions will make you tear your hair out.

On another note, this sale kinda sucks. All the good stuff is still $30+. I’d rather just wait for another sale,

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

slim pickings between the 2 sales (prices and a secondary ps4 is an issue)

The Mummy Demastered (ps4)

The Incredible Adventures of Van Hellsing 3 (ps4)

Apocalipsis: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil (ps4) Toss-in

holding out till next week for better pickings.

On 10/15/2020 at 0:30 AM, Dr_Mayus said:

Crash Team Racing ....so spooooooooky

Seriously, why is that game here?

Did it suck in a scary bad way?

On 10/15/2020 at 6:33 AM, visighost said:

Otherwise, I strongly recommend Sayonara Wild Hearts (one of my favorite games ever).

I will likely get this game based on your recommendation. It looks kind of cool.

Edited by starcrunch061

4 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I will likely get this game based on your recommendation. It looks kind of cool.

The animation + music + implied scenario mesh together in such a nice way... It’s maybe not for everyone, but boy did I love it - and I now listen to the soundtrack constantly.

Edited by visighost
  • Like 1