Buying VS Finding Armor

kusuriuriPT

Hey, so...im 5 hours deep in 2 this game and loving it so far.

Mainly using the "Uzi" and the shotgun so far.

My question is ..should i focus on getting Money to buy better armor or the ones that i find on the world its enough to go by.

Is there any preferable set to buy/find and upgrade and stick with it..or its fluid?

The armor is completely based on how you like to play. Find a set of armor that works with your play style in regards to skills, weight and weaknesses. I'm making my way through the game right now on Ps4 slowly with some guys but I've played it a few times on PC, and I've completed the game without changing my armor at all. I kept upgrading it. The reason I did this was because I liked the perk it provided plus it is a lightweight set of gear which makes it so my stamina doesn't deplete as quickly. Hopes this helps.

3 hours ago, iNtErWhOoPeR said:

The armor is completely based on how you like to play. Find a set of armor that works with your play style in regards to skills, weight and weaknesses. I'm making my way through the game right now on Ps4 slowly with some guys but I've played it a few times on PC, and I've completed the game without changing my armor at all. I kept upgrading it. The reason I did this was because I liked the perk it provided plus it is a lightweight set of gear which makes it so my stamina doesn't deplete as quickly. Hopes this helps.

So there is not better sets then others with the same perks? Just different armor sets?

Im really enjoying the game but i was never good with stats and data like that...i use what i like so with weapons/armor im afraid 2 dump "+" upgrades and then find better Ones and not using them afterwards

Edited by kusuriuriPT

5 hours ago, kusuriuriPT said:

So there is not better sets then others with the same perks? Just different armor sets?

No, each uniquely named set has its unique set of perks. If you play survival, you will just have to play with whatever is available. As for the main campaign.. the game is easy enough that you don't need to really try to put together an OP build, so I would recommend you find a set with perks that supplement your favored playstyle and upgrade that :) 

Personally, I went full Osseus Set. 

• 2 months later...

I did most of the game in the Survival Armour, poor defense but lightweight and if you keep it equipped all the time youll have a ton of scrap, then you can upgrade everything, i loved this game, probably my personal GOTY along with DR2 and RDR2, so i didnt stop playing until i owned every weapon and armour set and maxed them all to 20, all mods, i had 90% of the accessories too, only missing the hardcore drops and a couple rings/necklaces from the DLC, they later added more survival mode gear too but got other plats to earn so, yea great game, all you need is the hunting pistol and assault rifle n youll own everything