Armstrong no-damage

2 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

Is it better to do that or can I just use the PSPlus save backup?

Edit: Got it. PSPlus backup works just fine.

Make use of save slots, it’s a lot more convenient. You won’t have to close/reload the game every time you mess up, especially useful when doing the all S-Rank run.

19 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

Make use of save slots, it’s a lot more convenient. You won’t have to close/reload the game every time you mess up, especially useful when doing the all S-Rank run.

And I take it this is also useful for going for a fast time in the DLC missions.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

And I take it this is also useful for going for a fast time in the DLC missions.

Yes, but those trophies are so easy that is not needed. You can skip most of the battles with Sam and Wolf you have a few mandatory fights and rest can be done without being seen. Just equip nanopastes and press start and restart in case you mess up.

44 minutes ago, Tempestad_cl said:

Yes, but those trophies are so easy that is not needed. You can skip most of the battles with Sam and Wolf you have a few mandatory fights and rest can be done without being seen. Just equip nanopastes and press start and restart in case you mess up.

Huh, so deaths count for time but restarts don’t. Good to know.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 15.10.2020 at 1:48 PM, bikeman223 said:

Trophy wise, are you alright to back up and redownload your save? I ask because if you get hit during the second timed phase of the fight you automatically hit a checkpoint and would then have to restart the mission.

Sorry to bump this old thread but I'm about to start tackle this soon (currently on my hard playthrough) so I'd like to check something in advance. If you get hit through the actual fight, would I have to restart the entire confrontation with Armstrong? By that I mean the first phase where you're basically running away from him. Or would I just have to restart the part where we're actually fighting? Just asking to make sure I don't mess this up.

1 hour ago, Ivotas said:

Sorry to bump this old thread but I'm about to start tackle this soon (currently on my hard playthrough) so I'd like to check something in advance. If you get hit through the actual fight, would I have to restart the entire confrontation with Armstrong? By that I mean the first phase where you're basically running away from him. Or would I just have to restart the part where we're actually fighting? Just asking to make sure I don't mess this up.

It's been a very long time, but I believe you just restart from the actual fight/phase 3. Though running away from him still counts as part of the no-damage section.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

It's been a very long time, but I believe you just restart from the actual fight/phase 3. Though running away from him still counts as part of the no-damage section.

Thanks for your reply. I figured the no-damage counts right from the beginning. Was just wondering how the damage calculation works for the trophy. In my first run on normal I died many times in the fight section and it is like you said, I restarted from the beginning of the fight section. So I was hoping that I would have to just do the fight section again if I got hit and not the whole thing again.

1 hour ago, Ivotas said:

Thanks for your reply. I figured the no-damage counts right from the beginning. Was just wondering how the damage calculation works for the trophy. In my first run on normal I died many times in the fight section and it is like you said, I restarted from the beginning of the fight section. So I was hoping that I would have to just do the fight section again if I got hit and not the whole thing again.

I think you can bank your no-hits for the first two phases. I'm pretty sure this applies to all the bosses in the game. It's why one-phase/ no-checkpoint fights like Monsoon, Sam and Khamsin are a bit harder. If I'm wrong about this I hope someone corrects me.

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

I think you can bank your no-hits for the first two phases. I'm pretty sure this applies to all the bosses in the game. It's why one-phase/ no-checkpoint fights like Monsoon, Sam and Khamsin are a bit harder. If I'm wrong about this I hope someone corrects me.

That's what I was hoping to be the case. I mean it would just make sense for those no-hits to bank considering the placement of the checkpoints. Thanks for the feedback.^^