Uninstall DLC?

simpjkee

I like this game, but made the mistake of buying the DLC. The ridiculous number of car parts make getting through the parts catalogs a chore. So how do I unistall the DLC's? I haven't been able to accomplish it. I uninstalled and reinstalled in different ways, but I can't figure it out. How do I go back to just the base game?

• 2 years later...
On 10/15/2020 at 6:13 AM, simpjkee said:

I like this game, but made the mistake of buying the DLC. The ridiculous number of car parts make getting through the parts catalogs a chore. So how do I unistall the DLC's? I haven't been able to accomplish it. I uninstalled and reinstalled in different ways, but I can't figure it out. How do I go back to just the base game?

A little late asking this but is it better to just have the base game? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 6:13 AM, simpjkee said:

It depends on if the DLCs are a physical download or account bound unlock keys. If they're actual DLCs, you can just delete then reinstall the game to get rid of them but if they're unlock keys, you are stuck with them because they're hardcoded into your account after purchase :(. The only way I can think off to at least disable them, would be to downgrade to v1.0 but then you leave yourself open to all kinds of potentially nasty bugs.

• 2 months later...
On 10/6/2023 at 5:27 AM, Maxine said:

A little late asking this but is it better to just have the base game? 

I think it's better to just have the base game. The DLC's give you the name brand cars, but they also increase the number of car parts which makes going through the parts lists a real chore. Thankfully, Car Mechanic Sim 2021 had a new function where you can skip straight to the part you need so that makes it soooooo much easier and less cumbersome.

On 10/26/2023 at 2:19 AM, HuntingFever said:

It depends on if the DLCs are a physical download or account bound unlock keys. If they're actual DLCs, you can just delete then reinstall the game to get rid of them but if they're unlock keys, you are stuck with them because they're hardcoded into your account after purchase :(. The only way I can think off to at least disable them, would be to downgrade to v1.0 but then you leave yourself open to all kinds of potentially nasty bugs.

It's definitely unlock keys. You buy the DLC and you're stuck with it.

• Like 1