PS3 won't read games

mahoganyman

So I was planning on playing God of war: Ascension again to go back and get the rest of the trophies, but now my PS3 won't read it.  It read ithe disc yesterday, but when I turned it on this morning I heard this clicking from my ps3 (with the game inside) and then the sound it makes when you put a game in or eject a game from the ps3, but the game remained inside.  I've gotten the disc out and have cleaned it and checked it for scratches, fingerprints, etc. but can't find anything wrong with it.  All my other games are working fine except this one.  The game doesnt even show up on the XMB menu.  Any ideas as to what I can do?

This is a fairly common issue for GoW ascension on some ps3s and one I actually encountered last night on my ps3. I'd actually been playing the game, got to about chapter 8 before it crashed, and when I turned my ps3 back on it couldn't read the disc and as you said it wouldn't show up on the xmb. This website http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-General/PS3-won-t-read-Game-Disc/td-p/39894179 and the one it links to have some possible solutions, they didn't work for me but have for others apparently. The only way I have been able to continue playing was to transfer my game data onto my brothers ps3 and continue from there. If this isn't an option for you then I just hope that the suggestions work for you. :)

This has happened to me sometimes with other games. The eject sound with the game inside and everything. It happened to me with Metro so I ejected it and cleaned it and kept trying and it eventually worked. You said yours can read other games, so your PS3 isn't screwed yet.