Marvel's Avengers Trophy Guide + Platinum Trophy Review

TheDblTap

I was going to get this game but I cannot stand a grind, and avoid it if I can. I would've preferred, like your review said, a linear story with better action sequences for all characters. Thanks for your review! The game looks great and the campaign too, but the tacky added on grindy trophies will have me passing!

20 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

I was going to get this game but I cannot stand a grind, and avoid it if I can. I would've preferred, like your review said, a linear story with better action sequences for all characters. Thanks for your review! The game looks great and the campaign too, but the tacky added on grindy trophies will have me passing!

I don't blame you at all. 

It's such a shame they decided to try and make a multiplayer RPG out of it because it has so much potential.

46 minutes ago, TheDblTap said:

I don't blame you at all. 

It's such a shame they decided to try and make a multiplayer RPG out of it because it has so much potential.

The trailer looked so good, the game play trailer looked even better. Then it released and the complaints started to come in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

How is the game perform as of 18/10/2020 ??

Is it still many bug??

Is online co-op is a must for platinum?? 

What is the difficulty of platinum if playing solo??

What is the time needed for platinum if playing solo??

I am thinking of buying the game.

Still very buggy. Avoid coop at all costs. Almost every bugged trophy seems to be tied to playing online coop at some point. Play solo from start to finish. It takes absolutely forever and its not fun for 75% of it. Would not recommend! I would have had the platinum by now but I played coop with my friends and my last few trophies are bugging out on me.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PaB_RonnieDonnie said:

Still very buggy. Avoid coop at all costs. Almost every bugged trophy seems to be tied to playing online coop at some point. Play solo from start to finish. It takes absolutely forever and its not fun for 75% of it. Would not recommend! I would have had the platinum by now but I played coop with my friends and my last few trophies are bugging out on me.

What he said.

If you go for it, play completely solo. And find a good podcast you enjoy or a Netflix series you can binge while you grind for the last 30ish hours of the platinum journey.

The difficulty when solo varies wildly, somewhat randomly. It will be easy at first but once you transition into the "Avengers Initiative" post-game mode, it becomes stupidly difficult for a short while until you have decent gear and abilities, at which point it becomes easy again... just boring.

For me, I think it took around 70 hours, but you could do it faster I reckon if you follow my guide and don't do anything which doesn't benefit a trophy.

• Like 1