visighost

Auto-save

7 posts in this topic

I was wondering if it was possible to turn off the auto-save, and therefore reload to keep a deathless run intact.

 

Also: does Deathless mean no single character dying or no failing the level? I haven't died yet so I'm not sure if a character dying implies automatically failing the level...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found this on the Steam forums, link here:

 

Quote

There is an option to disable autosaving. It can be found in the game settings, under Data.

 

I hope this helps! Off topic I have never heard of this game but it looks very interesting. Thanks for putting it on my radar, I shall be picking up soon!!

 

Edit: I'm reading through the rest of that page, which is a spoiler-free newcomers' guide of sorts? I would highly recommend that if you need more tips and suggestions! 

Edited by Joe Dubz
clarity
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just found something pertinent to your deathless run question too, written by the author of said guide!

 

Quote

Retrying from your last checkpoint is an option available in the pause menu, and using it will invalidate a "deathless" run even if you haven't died. At least that's how it worked back when I played the game; I don't know if it has changed at all. Good luck!

 

Just thought you should have a fair warning 😁😉

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

I found this on the Steam forums, link here:

 

Thanks - it's the very link that actually led to my question here. I assumed Deathless was the purpose of turning it off, but it's not 100% clear from the thread...

 

I've only played the first level, but it's a lot of fun! A platformer/tower defense mix, with great art direction. I've always been impressed with Humble's games. Will see if Insane difficulty proves to be frustrating or not.

 

Re: your second comment: Also why I'd lilke confirmation here. I can see retrying voiding it, but reloading from an independent save could work?

Edited by visighost
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, visighost said:

Re: your second comment: Also why I'd lilke confirmation here. I can see retrying voiding it, but reloading from an independent save could work?

In theory, this sounds like it should it work? If you are able to do any testing in this regard, make sure to share your findings here! I won't be able to pick this up until at least the weekend, but I will try to do the same and be sure to share any findings in this regard. I just spent an extra 40 hours trying to pop one stupid trophy for Pier Solar plat, so I'm currently trying to avoid multiple unnecessary playthroughs of things where possible!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joe Dubz said:

In theory, this sounds like it should it work? If you are able to do any testing in this regard, make sure to share your findings here! I won't be able to pick this up until at least the weekend, but I will try to do the same and be sure to share any findings in this regard. I just spent an extra 40 hours trying to pop one stupid trophy for Pier Solar plat, so I'm currently trying to avoid multiple unnecessary playthroughs of things where possible!

 

Haha, I hear you! My feeling exactly. I'll try for the deathless on insane, and then try reloading my last save once I have it (wishful thinking?). Not clear when I'll be done with it though, I always have multiple games on the go...

 

Unrelated, but how did you like Straimium Immortaly? Any tips on that one? I loved Skelly Selest...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, visighost said:

 

Haha, I hear you! My feeling exactly. I'll try for the deathless on insane, and then try reloading my last save once I have it (wishful thinking?). Not clear when I'll be done with it though, I always have multiple games on the go...

I know the feeling, as I usually end up juggling a few games/life in general at once! 

 

4 minutes ago, visighost said:

Unrelated, but how did you like Straimium Immortaly? Any tips on that one? I loved Skelly Selest...

I very much enjoyed it!! As long as you don't need your games to have cutting-edge graphics, it honestly is a pretty decent game for the roguelite genre and for me ticked all the right boxes. The biggest challenge is the Paddy Lock character, but a friend figured out a nice exploit for it that I'd be glad to share if you go for it 😁

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.