Grip Digital games getting delisted

Wakayama_PT

Back in July 2, the publisher Grip Digital announced on tweeter that their business strategy has slightly shifted and they will be no longer able to support their old titles.

Source: 

The titles that are already delisted are:

- DeadCore and McDROID for PS4.

Mothergunship for PS4 (can be bought in a physical copie).

- Tower of Guns for PS3 and PS4 (can be bought in a physical copie).

The titles that are still available in the PS Store:

Atomic NinjasJet Car Stunts and Foosball 2012 in Europe and Australia for PS3 and PSVita.

Unmechanical: Extended Edition and Q.U.B.E. Director’s Cut for PS3 and PS4.

The Solus Project and Skylar and Plux: Adventure on Clover Island for PS4.

So, for the people that are still interested in buying the games that are still available, I recommend buying them now before they probably get delisted in the future.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, flashpool23 said:

Any of the games worth playing? 

I've only played a few:

Tower of Guns - A fast-paced FPS Roguelike with some charming humor, but the console versions suffered from horrendous performance issues (particularly on PS3) when I played them. The frame rate becomes progressively worse as the difficulty rises, due to the increased number of enemies, until you're either seeing a slideshow, or the game crashes. Would have been decent, if not for the tech problems.

Unmechanical: Extended Edition - My memory is hazy on this one, but I recall it being an okay 2.5D puzzle game, where you guide a cute flying robot around. Might be worth playing for fans of stuff like Forma.8, Inside, etc..

Q.U.B.E. Director’s Cut - This first-person puzzler clearly took inspiration from Portal (sans the humor), and involves shifting various types of blocks around to make your way through the environment. There are a few brain buster sections that will likely halt your progress, which can be frustrating even with a guide, but it's fine overall. The time trials are probably the most challenging part.

The phrase "it was alright" pretty much sums them up.

Edited by ScarecrowsFate
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, flashpool23 said:

I have only played Skylar and Plux... when it came out it was super glitchy. It was "okay", but bordering on bad due to technical issues. I have no clue if they ever fixed anything.

It's basically a mix between Jak & Daxter, a cited inspiration, and Ratchet and Clank oddly not a cited one... given it felt a bit more like R&C to me than J&D. It's a bit clunky. I wouldn't say it's worth more than $3 to give a shot honestly. I would have liked to see a sequel improve upon what was there, I think they could have been on to something but it's just okay.

• Like 1

i really liked foosball and i honestly dont know why because i hate it in real life lol. its a bit of a hard game though. the online trophy is easy just win a match. there are 2 trophies that are a bit hard if your a old dog like me and have problems with button mashing games. you have to constantly move the sticks and not let the ai score a goal on the hardest difficulty. it really kills your hands. the trophies are called mr perfect and owned. i think they are doable with patience. i have to go back and finish those 2 trophies some time. i believe the game was free on ps plus years back

i still need to buy 1 copy of atomic ninja's for vita before i can tackle the cross-buy games.

i might have to think about tackling those soon.

as for game opinions, i loved unmechanical and tower of guns to a lesser extent (gave a good challenge).

Edited by kingdrake2

18 hours ago, flashpool23 said:

I've played Tower of Guns, Unmechanical, and The Solus Project.

Tower of Guns -- got it on PS Plus, so can't complain, but it was the weakest of the three.  You're not really missing much here.

Unmechanical -- I played the PS4 version, and it was fine, but forgettable.  Just an average puzzle-ish game that didn't take very long to 100%.

The Solus Project -- I do actually recommend looking at this one if you're interested.  It's an Adventure/Exploration/survival game, that's somewhat light on the survival mechanics, but overall was rather interesting.  Without giving anything away, I'll say that it has some of the more interesting weather/environmental mechanics I've seen in a game.  It's a bit rough around the edges.  Nothing broken or glitchy, but not very polished.  Overall, I'm glad I stumbled on it.

I own more of their titles than I thought I would before clicking on the thread title.

-Tower of Guns runs ok on PS4, but still has performance issues.

-Unmechanical: Extended Edition is an adventure game, with some fiddly controls in some parts. Very decent.

-QUBE is a mix of the Mirror's Edge and Portal esthetics, but the challenges can be a major pain in the ass.

-Skylar and Plux is good old PS2-styled collectathon nonsense, I really enjoyed it. Short-ish, with maybe one or two things being a pain.

-Solus Project I haven't personally played, but I've read good things about. First-person exploration type game with a scifi theme.

Edited by Jelly Soup

On 16/10/2020 at 5:15 AM, flashpool23 said:

The only games I've played from this developer are Mothergunship, Tower of Guns and Q.U.B.E. Director’s Cut, all of which bored the pants off me but Tower of Guns and Q.U.B.E. Director’s Cut are a buggy mess with terrible performance and stability issues.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 6/24/2021 at 2:57 PM, Ockerjj said:

Looks like QUBE Director's Cut is gone from the PS4 store.

Still available on the UK PS3 console store, cross buy with the PS4 version. Also Foosball 2012, there’s PS3/VITA bundle.

Edited by EqualityEarth

• 8 months later...