$3.99 on PS store. How obtainable is the platinum?

Just saw this game is currently $3.99 on the PlayStation store up until the 28th of October I believe. 

This game does have some multiplayer trophies and I saw on one of the forums that the ranked matches are completely dead. Can these multiplayer trophies be boosted still as of today, because I would like to know if this is a platinum that I can obtain before acquiring the game. I am aware that considering the type of multiplayer trophies that are required, it'll take probably a lot hours of boosting, I personally don't mind that, as long as I know these trophies can def be obtained.  

29 minutes ago, xHeisenberg_13 said:

Just saw this game is currently $3.99 on the PlayStation store up until the 28th of October I believe. 

This game does have some multiplayer trophies and I saw on one of the forums that the ranked matches are completely dead. Can these multiplayer trophies be boosted still as of today, because I would like to know if this is a platinum that I can obtain before acquiring the game. I am aware that considering the type of multiplayer trophies that are required, it'll take probably a lot hours of boosting, I personally don't mind that, as long as I know these trophies can def be obtained.  

I did this a while back and I remember needing 3 to boost everything and 4 to boost wins.

Unlike Ps3, I think you actually have more work to do on Ps4.

The grind is intense though, it is very stupid and boring, but it’s 100% doable. There’s hardly any skill involved with the online, as far as I remember.

1 hour ago, xHeisenberg_13 said:

On PS3 it was just me and a friend that boosted. The rank 60 trophy is tedious. I remember falling asleep a few times when we boosted. Other than that it is a good game story wise. The mp felt tacked on.

I haven't bought it again on PS4 for the simple fact of not wanting to go through the boost again.

Singleplayer is pretty easy for the most part and definitely worth playing. Multiplayer is indeed a shitty grind, but most of it you can casually do by yourself while watching a movie or two on another screen, you just need 2-3 people for a short session to get a few trophies, and it should not take you that long. I definitely recommend boosting the team trophies, because this games multiplayer was more or less dead even 5 years ago, can't imagine how it is now.

15 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

Singleplayer is pretty easy for the most part and definitely worth playing. Multiplayer is indeed a shitty grind, but most of it you can casually do by yourself while watching a movie or two on another screen, you just need 2-3 people for a short session to get a few trophies, and it should not take you that long. I definitely recommend boosting the team trophies, because this games multiplayer was more or less dead even 5 years ago, can't imagine how it is now.

yea, it's just actually getting a boosting team together I feel would be the most challenging part of getting this platinum, especially considering how late I'm starting this. I guess I can hope to get lucky in the game sessions to see if people still need these trophies.

Also does anyone know if the servers for multiplayer are worldwide, or are they separated into NA and EU servers?   

1 minute ago, xHeisenberg_13 said:

yea, it's just actually getting a boosting team together I feel would be the most challenging part of getting this platinum, especially considering how late I'm starting this. I guess I can hope to get lucky in the game sessions to see if people still need these trophies.

Also does anyone know if the servers for multiplayer are worldwide, or are they separated into NA and EU servers?   

You might be surprised by how many people are putting games with such bad multiplayers on their backlog until the server closure gets announced, a few of them see a session pop up and just join, that is not likely to be a problem especially in such a popular game that was also free on psplus a few years back so many people probably haven't even started it yet.

Pretty sure the servers are worldwide, because if I remember correctly I had americans in my boosting session, but its been a few years so I am obviously not entirely sure.

The grind in this game is extremely tedious and boring, it can drive you insane. Be prepared for ~15h of walking back and forth... no joke. The singleplayer is definitely worth playing, but unless you're deadset on getting the platinum, you really shouldn't bother with the multiplayer stuff, because you're just gonna have a really bad time. Speaking from experience.

• 1 month later...
On 2020-10-16 at 1:39 AM, Sneezin-- said:

The grind in this game is extremely tedious and boring, it can drive you insane. Be prepared for ~15h of walking back and forth... no joke. The singleplayer is definitely worth playing, but unless you're deadset on getting the platinum, you really shouldn't bother with the multiplayer stuff, because you're just gonna have a really bad time. Speaking from experience.

Well when you have a game with such a multiplayer grind, the best way to go through is by not rushing anything.

Per exemple, what I did is I played like 2 hours each evening. When you had a rough day at your job, and you come back home, playing something mindless is just, how can I say.. peaceful and relaxing? I know this isn’t for everybody and it’s not like leveling up to level 80 in uncharted 2 (rip I miss those days) but if you take a good approach, it becomes not so bad after all. 

Oh and if people wants to know, boosting with 2 people is 1.55x faster than the solo method. Just make sure you relaunch the game after every 3 match, or else your game will crash. Took me about 12h by doing both solo and duo method

Edited by bunshing