PS5's camera will NOT support PSVR1

Raveniteh

Based on PS Blog released few days ago, Sony let us know that PS5 camera will not work with PSVR1. You will have to plug in PS4 camera into your PS5 through some sort of adapter that Sony will give out for free somehow? Here's a direct quote from the article:

Please note that playing PS VR games on a PS5 console requires a PS VR headset, DualShock 4 wireless controller or PlayStation Move controller(s), and PS Camera (for PS4), which are sold separately from the PS5 console. Also, the PS5 HD Camera is not compatible with PS VR on PS5. You’ll need to use the PS Camera (for PS4), and the PS Camera adaptor (no purchase required), to use PS VR on PS5.

While no big deal for me personally as I intend to keep PS4 connected, it would be nice to use the power of PS5 to play PSVR games as well. I still need to contact Sony support to ask them how they plan to hand out the adapters because I have no idea how it would work in my country. Are they going to check the profile if you have PSVR games? Show them proof of purchase? Picture of PSVR? So many questions. 

edit: You also need to have PS4 controller for PSVR games.

One way or another be prepared for this.

source: UploadVRPS Blog

Edited by Raveniteh
  • Like 2

Just now, Soraking1991 said:

I had a PS5 Camera preorder which I cancelled as soon as I learned that it wouldn't work for PSVR.

I didn't even pre-order it yet. Wanted to do so but it's out of stock already, so might be a good thing that I didn't. I think it's going to be bundled in with PSVR2 anyway so no loss there and I don't face cam while streaming so no use for PS5 camera anyway.

1 minute ago, Soraking1991 said:

Hope to hear from PlayStation soon enough

I really wonder how they plan to go through with this, but if I called them today they would just go 'We don't have any information about this yet'.

35 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

I'm thinking this probably gonna lead to that their making a PS VR2  for the new Camera honestly.

I am thinking that they designed PS5 camera with new PSVR in mind already given it's the main use of it. 

41 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

But I wonder though if the Camera isn't compatible shouldn't the controller not be either?

Please note that playing PS VR games on a PS5 console requires a PS VR headset, DualShock 4 wireless controller or PlayStation Move controller(s), and PS Camera (for PS4) - Yup, you do need to have PS4 controller for PSVR games. I will update the post with this information as it's crucial too.

• 4 months later...