DLC Trophies - Legends Mode & New Game+

Ghost

So far I got all the online trophies except the Raids obviously. It took me about 25-30 hours to do everything. I must have done the first mission in Gold like 80 times as it's my most efficient way to XP : I gain 1 level everytime and i always finish it within 8,30s - 9 minutes while doing all the optional quests like the Oni Treasure chest and the Curse.

Now i will keep farming the Nightmare missions to try to get Equipment over 105+ but the difficulty is ridiculous, even with Legendary equipments, when you have 5 pairs of Purple Oni connected to each others, you dont even see who is connected to whom, and even with 2 Assassins ultimate skill, you can't get everyone down, they have a stupid amount of HP. Absolutely no fun, unlike the Gold Story missions or the Survival.

Nightmare is a huge step up from gold.. and gold survival is a joke in comparison.  The balance is just laughable and it really shows how Legends does have the potential to be quite difficult when the raid drops or if they add more content in the future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaxelrod said:

I would say getting lv20 on all classes is not as big as a grind as we thought.

I did 1 gold survival at lv1. Took 55 minutes, and gained 6 levels.

well yea but u also need like 100 exp for lvl 1-2 but 840 for 19-20 so its still like 11h for lvl 20

• Like 1

What is your favorite map and character? Still needing to play more of the Ronin, Hunter, and Assassin character classes to give an honest opinion. Samurai is leveled up. My go to is the Shores (Beach) map but like the 3rd one too (forgot the name).

8 hours ago, wackt1 said:

Lmao, you haven't played Destiny 1, 2, or World of Warcraft 

Raids are super fun and the only way to get high tier equipment 

Destiny Raids, No. World of Warcraft however I raided at a top tier level for many years. My comment about not doing raids here was mainly to a point of not having friends available... and I don’t like joining sessions. I agree that raids are incredibly fun, I just don’t have enough buddies on PlayStation to do these.

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Xero_Z said:

Fuck i'm traumatized yet by destiny's (1 and 2) raids... i stopped playing destiny 2 after they stopped putting trophies on it...

It was better if they didn't drop a trophy for the raid, now i need to find another 3 dedicated people who talk my language and usually it's not easy...

Any italian here?!?! 1f602.png1f602.png

Aye. That is, if I manage to get enough money for Plus by the time the raid drops lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elegy said:

Nightmare is a huge step up from gold.. and gold survival is a joke in comparison.  The balance is just laughable and it really shows how Legends does have the potential to be quite difficult when the raid drops or if they add more content in the future.

Let's hope they either give difficult options for the Raids or don't force it above Gold for enemy difficulty.  Just make the coordination type of stuff where the difficulty comes in.  Don't need nightmare difficulty for that when you need to balance keeping everyone on task with it.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

Let's hope they either give difficult options for the Raids or don't force it above Gold for enemy difficulty.  Just make the coordination type of stuff where the difficulty comes in.  Don't need nightmare difficulty for that when you need to balance keeping everyone on task with it.

My guess is that at the end of the raid, all hell breaks loose. Imagine waves of enemies coming in from all sides with little to no break with a variety of enemies with different levels of difficulty. Love the intensity. YES!

12 hours ago, DavySuicide said:

One round takes around 30 minutes and I think the grind for good gear is real. Nevertheless it's definitely worth it.

I hate when I have to go pee in the middle of one. Can't leave my homies because of the intensity and oncoming waves. Life's gaming problems.

13 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Hopefully not, but Raids sound like they are significantly more difficult than everything else.  It sounds like they are going to require a lot of 4 player coordination and possibly not have matchmaking.  I'm really hoping they won't be as bad as survival in U4 though, but it's really hard to say before they release them.  The other 5 trophies aren't too bad.

*facepalm*

There goes my chances of 100 percent.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

*facepalm*

There goes my chances of 100 percent.

We'll see though, some devs like to talk up the difficulty of something and then it ends up being easier than they make it sound.  IIRC when they were gearing up to release Letha for SP they made it sound harder than it turned out to be. 

The no matchmaking possibility I can understand, because they stated in the interview that was reposted earlier in this topic that they want you to go in with a team that you can trust.  They were vague enough that no one can be sure of where the difficulty will come from though. They said different kinds of challenges that require teamwork, and not one player going off Rambo style doing their own thing. 

It hasn't been revealed whether there will be difficulty tiers with it (ie bronze, silver, gold, nightmare like the rest of legends).  Typically raids don't usually do that, but I see an opportunity for them to offer different and better gear the higher tier your team finishes in the raid chapters.  The Destiny games did something similar with having higher difficulty versions of some of the raids.

I'm not expecting something as bad as U4 Survival though, the regular stuff hasn't been nearly as hard as that was, even survival on gold doesn't sound too bad.  I could barely get through the later survival maps in u4 with randoms on normal/hard and I've finished silver survivor in this with randoms while I was barely past rank 35 (rank 50 is the recommended rank for silver, but it's available once you hit 35).

Edited by Snake2410

37 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

It hasn't been revealed whether there will be difficulty tiers with it (ie bronze, silver, gold, nightmare like the rest of legends).  Typically raids don't usually do that,

Destiny 2 has normal and "prestige" mode for most raids, WoW has different difficulty tiers as well for the raids.

I won't say that it's not typical to have different difficulties for raids.

I'm having a blast with the mode so far. Haven't delved into the survival yet, wanted to complete all the story missions on bronze first. Speaking of which, I was playing the second last mission last night and both me and my matchmaked partner were getting our assess whooped. On bronze! It was the last part of the mission too, where you fight all the heavies and then all the ghost enemies on the boat, the ghost enemies were taking us down in one hit! I may have to play some survival or an easier silver mission to improve my gear before attempting it again.

Having said that though the whole package is insanely good and unbelievable that its free. I haven't being paying any attention to trophies, just playing a little bit of it every night, taking my time with it. I'll get around to the trophies eventually as I plan on playing everything this mode has to offer.

• Like 1

Made it through Gold Survival earlier today, so just working on reaching Lv 20 with Ronin and Assassin now before the raids drop.

The jump to Nightmare from Gold is just ridiculous as others have said; I'm 105 and the oni enemies in even the story missions are just tanky as heck and most of them are tethered. My first completion was with someone that was hopelessly underlevelled so it was a miracle we even survived - took me like 50 minutes and I don't even think I received anything worthwhile, haha.

That said, I really enjoyed the Gold Survival run I had with randoms and we all learned to work together really well over the course of the hour so I'm actually heaps looking forward to the raid chapters (hopefully they have some form of matchmaking).

Edited by KristophDJHero
  • Like 1

I got to 80 ki last night and I'm now capped on what I can get from silver activities. But I'm kind of apprehensive about trying to do a gold survival mission because of the modifier "one Ghost death fails the activity" does this mean no one can be downed? or is it a full death where a player gets downed and then not revived?

Edited by EIdain

9 minutes ago, EIdain said:

I got to 80 ki last night and I'm now capped on what I can get from silver activities. But I'm kind of apprehensive about trying to do a gold survival mission because of the modifier "one Ghost death fails the activity" does this mean no one can be downed? or is it a full death where a player gets downed and then not revived?

Full death.

Also, try doing some gold story missions first to get better gear, since there is no proper gap on things to do with gold the same way there was with bronze and silver. One of the story missions is really short and can be done in 15 minutes even while underleveled (I don't remember what the name exactly was, but the one where you're helping out a monk).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, draakon50 said:

Full death.

Also, try doing some gold story missions first to get better gear, since there is no proper gap on things to do with gold the same way there was with bronze and silver. One of the story missions is really short and can be done in 15 minutes even while underleveled (I don't remember what the name exactly was, but the one where you're helping out a monk).

Thanks! I'll give that a try.

Personally I'm finding the game mode to be very enjoyable, I would be happy to have this as a full fledged game with more levels and some additional gear variation, for a free update it is outstanding. People whining about not being able to get trophies on a free update need to grow up, it is not a massive grind to max out all classes and it is a well built gamemode.

As to difficulty I don't find it hard at all. It's pretty easy to stumble upon OP builds and most of your late game will consist of demolishing enemies. I have completed the nightmare story on both Ronin and Samurai, Assassin was my first class but I haven't attempted Nightmare with it. I am yet to touch Hunter but they can be built even more broken then most others. The main thing you have to keep in mind is don't be stupid, don't aggro everything in the map and pick off anything that can be stealthed. Get used to tagging and co-ordinating attacks with randoms (trust me it's not that hard, I've only had one partner who just ran around slashing everything in gold).

Some of my personal tips for class setups;

Assassin : Quick assassinations and smoke bombs are your main killing ability. A single smoke bomb can give you ~4 critical strikes/assassinations. Combine these the class ability (either one) and you can quickly cull groups safely. The alt is decent for wiping out things that aren't Oni and is capable of taking out 1-2 Oni if used right. Personally I use the Bow but hallucination darts are pretty great, as well as bombs if you want to do that.

Samurai : Grab a gourd, use the health drain ability and you are basically invincible so long as you don't suck. You can tank a heap as Samurai and just heal it right off yourself. Ult is decent though I hate that you can be damaged during the activation (often for all your health on nightmare, I think you can't be killed though).

Ronin : Don't use the dog, use the healing ability. Bombs are amazing so long as you can maintain ammo, to which I would recommend a smoke bomb with munitions modification. With the healing ability you can keep yourself fully healed as well as your allies. With bombs you can kill large groups. Anyone scared to try out Ronin because it looks like support should give it a go.

Hunter : As mentioned haven't used it yet, but from what I know a particular legendary bow ricochets headshots to other enemies giving more headshots. This stacks with pretty much everything Hunter does and provides basically infinite ammo, infinite flaming arrows etc. Along with another perk that gives 50% for a body shot to count as a headshot this tears through everything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stargate1995 said:

Hunter : As mentioned haven't used it yet, but from what I know a particular legendary bow ricochets headshots to other enemies giving more headshots. This stacks with pretty much everything Hunter does and provides basically infinite ammo, infinite flaming arrows etc. Along with another perk that gives 50% for a body shot to count as a headshot this tears through everything.

This literally carried me through most of Gold Survival, haha. This bow + the 5 shot ultimate is actually ridiculous; it hits like 9-10 enemies. Hunter is my favourite class to run by far at the moment.