Right On Time Trophy

based_gigachad

Hello people of PSN Profiles,

I've encountered a very annoying issue with this trophy, by which you can register for a scheduled event, set a qualifying time, and wait in the lobby until the allotted time, then it never actually joins you into the race! I don't understand how they can mess this mechanic up (there's really no excuse, it's actually really poor) but I thought I would make people aware that this is a frustrating thing that can happen. I don't know, sometimes when I encounter annoying issues in games it makes me feel less insane to see that the problem is documented somewhere.

I guess I will have to try again with another scheduled event and hope that the game works properly!

Update: Matchmaking did work correctly at the second attempt - perhaps it is a little iffy.

Edited by mareepx
update

Afaik the matchmaking depends on your Qualifying time. If there are no others in range of your time, nobody will enter your lobby. I also guess, there aren't many people playing it (online). When I did the trophies, there were races with only two people (quick race). In my sheduled event we were 4. Not quite that high numbers. And this was shortly after the game was released. Most people have the trophies and will never touch it again.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, xXK-oZXx said:

Afaik the matchmaking depends on your Qualifying time. If there are no others in range of your time, nobody will enter your lobby. I also guess, there aren't many people playing it (online). When I did the trophies, there were races with only two people (quick race). In my sheduled event we were 4. Not quite that high numbers. And this was shortly after the game was released. Most people have the trophies and will never touch it again.

You are right but it’s a shame because it’s a pretty enjoyable game so far.

• Like 1

Yes, I noticed this when I went for the rapid fire racer trophy that most of my races were just me and one other player. Was a bit surprised to see the online so dead so soon.

4 hours ago, Wolf_Town_Spider said:

Yes, I prefer this to Grid for example, but it seems like it annoyed a lot of people who liked the earlier project cars games.

On 18.10.2020 at 9:55 AM, Wolf_Town_Spider said:

20 hours ago, mareepx said:

Yes, I noticed this when I went for the rapid fire racer trophy that most of my races were just me and one other player. Was a bit surprised to see the online so dead so soon.

Yes, I prefer this to Grid for example, but it seems like it annoyed a lot of people who liked the earlier project cars games.

Well, it is, what SMS announced it to be, but the career is too short in my opinion, even the 'worse' career of PC2 was way more fun. I expected a Shift 3, but I got less of a game. Mostly you are forced to spend your hard earned credits for specific cars, which you'll only need for one or two events. Also you have more hotlaps (with annoying times) and Breakout Events, than actual races.

You also had Road Cars and GT Cars in Shift 2, but you had an Endurance series in the career and even a Drift series (ok, the later one with mostly annoying points).

Also the balancing isn't that good, like you can see in the actual monthly event. Two cars with the exact same PIR aren't equally fast on a track, my GT3RS is 10 seconds slower than my F12TDF, on a normal GP track, same PIR.

I had a lot of fun with PC3 (together with quite some hard time, but it makes fun either with controller or wheel), but I prefer other games (no matter if Sim, Arcade or Simcades, I like them all in their way) instead of PC3.

The biggest point for PC3 are the cars. In which game are you allowed to drive the Chiron, the Jesko, the C2 or the Evija? And even upgrade them? (I liked Real Racing 3 for that, but stopped after that F2P mobile title was getting more and more grindy). The tracks are ok, nothing special, but Le Mans is definitely a big miss.

Edited by xXK-oZXx