Legends should have been standalone.

MatThaRiPP3R84

I agree, but not for the anal-retentive trophy hunting reason as the OP.

Make it standalone and free, work in some more story arcs and some shorter quick-in quick-out survival game modes, maybe a dash of PvP... put some kind and gentle cosmetic microtransactions in to keep the game financially healthy... and watch it explode.  It's a great expansion to an awesome game, but eventually the playerbase will peter out as long as the initial game purchase continues to be a barrier of entry ( though every self respecting Playstation owner should own/play/enjoy Ghost of Tsushima anyways ;)

If anything, making Legends standalone and free may encourage people to buy and play the awesome single player campaign.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 3

it's not just the trophies. it's because I spent too many nights screaming at idiots about how they should shoot the red fucking glowing thing on the boss for 5 hrs a night every night  when i played destiny/division and it's monotonous and tiresome and i cba.

and tacking this on to a great single player game diminishes the whole, and i agree about adding a few micros to keep it good and just make it free and standalone, for those who don't mind raiding and doing all that.

yeah as a completionist i find trophies a mandatory thing. but I don't mind MP per say, I just cba to raid.

• Like 1

Yeah, I agree with the majority of the people here. Ghost of Tsushima was a really fun adventure for me, and I think it's awesome that they dropped a free multiplayer with even more content to mess with. What's the complaint here? "I'm upset Sucker Punch added a free multiplayer mode for a game I don't own"? Create a second account and play Ghost of Tsushima for the fun of it if you don't want an unfinished trophy list on your profile. I enjoyed my time with the game and I don't think you should let the multiplayer mode's existence ruin that for you

3 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

it's not just the trophies. it's because I spent too many nights screaming at idiots about how they should shoot the red fucking glowing thing on the boss for 5 hrs a night every night  when i played destiny/division and it's monotonous and tiresome and i cba.

and tacking this on to a great single player game diminishes the whole, and i agree about adding a few micros to keep it good and just make it free and standalone, for those who don't mind raiding and doing all that.

yeah as a completionist i find trophies a mandatory thing. but I don't mind MP per say, I just cba to raid.

Then don't get yourself stressed about people whom are stupid online, it takes a lot of practice to be able to do MP, I only recently did the MP for The Last of Us and I failed a lot of times, until I read the guide here and used a strategy to win the matches and survive and complete the MP and get the Platinum.  Not everyone is good at online stuff, hope the servers of Sucker Punch are not as bad as Naughty Dog's were. 

You are going to miss a great game,  and very nice graphically even on the PS4, so don't know what PS5 will be like, because you are worried about MP.  Kind of stupid, but you could do as someone suggested and create another account and just Platinum the game without it and NG+ and forget the MP on that account, if MP stresses you too much.

Edited by alexandra-jane09
  • Like 1