Legends should have been standalone.

MatThaRiPP3R84

1 hour ago, ZoutjeNL said:

I respect your opinion, as a completionist myself I dislike MP added content, wether its free or not games like Ghost of Tushima I play for the SP, not for any added MP. 

Lets all be civil and let this man have his opinion, no need to attack this fellow gamer because he has a different opinion or view on trophies. 

Need more ppl online like you man, kudos to you, sincerely 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neospoon said:

It’s more so his reaction to others that doesn’t help his standpoint. Imagine meeting up with someone that rude online...

But I guess we are the so called dudebro’s. 

Also never played the online but already knows it’s boring.. that’s like my 6 year old saying he doesn’t like his food without even taking a single bite...

Feel free to disagree, I don’t mind...

How do you expect ppl to react after receiving a bombardment, making a note of calling ripper rude but not the ppl that sent rude n disrespectful comments beforehand,  not all, some ppl still have a shread of respect and can disagree without being a **** in the process, and kudos to those, imagine getting punched in the face by a few ppl n when you punched back you get called the ****, sums up the world we live in imo

23 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Perhaps see about taking some lexapro if you’re debating playing a game over some grindy unnecessary multiplayer trophies 

So what if people nitpick over maintaining a completion rate, that's what OCD is, it doesn't hurt you or me or anyone else physically, just another opinion you should easily be able to dismiss, different strokes for different folks. 

You should really change your tone. You can share your opinion without insulting anyone. Not a fan of shaming people when they don't follow your example of the ideal human being.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XXIIlII said:

A standalone will only work if it was free to play for everyone or sold separately.

No. All they had to do was do it how they did it, release it free for GoT.  Sell it for like $10 separately.

Gain additional sales from people who want convienence, gain sales from people who haven't bought GoT at all which may lead to them actually buying GoT in the future.

I would've paid to have it stand alone just to avoid installing an entire single player game just to play some co-op. Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept [think that's what the co-op was called] did this. It's also what FFXV should have done rather than just go "well, fuck people who bought the main game enjoy trophies you can't get losers."

1 hour ago, ImMagnetz said:

That has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard on this website. That's what I call unhealthy trophy hunting. If you're so obsessed with getting 100% of the trophies in every game you play that you boycott great games just because they have multiplayer trophies included as DLC trophies then you need to have a serious chat with yourself and sort out your priorities. I don't like multiplayer either but, personally, I love that they've done the multiplayer trophies this way. It means that you can still get the platinum without having to take part in multiplayer.

To some players, myself included, the platinum is worthless without the 100%, most of the time il wait to pop the platinum until all the dlc is checked off first, i despise seeing platinums below 100%, if i cant get 100% i wont get it, my choice, whats stupid to me is so many people here cant seem to fathom that not everyone shares the same values they do, saying he can get the platinum means nothing to him is all im saying, hes a completionist, you dont have to agree but calling him stupid and unhealthy because he doesnt think the way you do? Comments like this are unhealthy

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Perhaps see about taking some lexapro if you’re debating playing a game over some grindy unnecessary multiplayer trophies 

Perhaps see about laying off the lexapro

25 minutes ago, PeachXHime said:

So what if people nitpick over maintaining a completion rate, that's what OCD is, it doesn't hurt you or me or anyone else physically, just another opinion you should easily be able to dismiss, different strokes for different folks. 

You should really change your tone. You can share your opinion without insulting anyone. Not a fan of shaming people when they don't follow your example of the ideal human being.

You deserve a follow lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

To some players, myself included, the platinum is worthless without the 100%, most of the time il wait to pop the platinum until all the dlc is checked off first, i despise seeing platinums below 100%, if i cant get 100% i wont get it, my choice, whats stupid to me is so many people here cant seem to fathom that not everyone shares the same values they do, saying he can get the platinum means nothing to him is all im saying, hes a completionist, you dont have to agree but calling him stupid and unhealthy because he doesnt think the way you do? Comments like this are unhealthy

Seems like such a difficult concept to grasp, doesn't it?

Oh no! How dare someone base their decisions around things I disagree with. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

Man, what happened to actually ENJOYING video games and not being obsessed with numbers? How sad. Think of how many great video games you've missed out on just because you didn't think you'd be able to 100% the trophy list.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

Man, what happened to actually ENJOYING video games and not being obsessed with numbers? How sad. Think of how many great video games you've missed out on just because you didn't think you'd be able to 100% the trophy list.

To be fair, I think we're all trapped in this web of trophy addiction, some more than others, we just have to learn to accept these things. You can never fully understand how others prefer to play their games. It's like trying to understand why somebody would put pineapple on their pizza, it's impossible!

• Like 1

Just now, ImMagnetz said:

Your opinion, difference between us is i respect yours, however, unlike ripper im not as shy with mp, il do got im just waiting for ps5 for better experience but this news annoys me too, its just annoys me when everything these days has to have an mp mode, especially annoys me when it gets slapped onto games that simply dont need it, ei great sp games, just annoys me cos it essentially puts a time limit on the platinum/100% so i have to bump it up to the top of my baclog list as a priority n games ive wanted to play for a while get pushed down again, the fact is great single player games just dont need any mp put in, imo.

And in terms of all the great games ive missed? You got it wrong pal since i became a dedicated troph hunter ive gone back n played so many great games i missed before, ive done some challenging games i dont shy away, mp wouldnt be an issue if sony came out n said no servers will ever close or mp modes will always feature an offline bot mode where u can still unlock the online trophies should the servers close, mp it just adds unwanted stress for some ppl, also what makes you think i dont enjoy games just because i choose to 100%? Hey if you dont 100% think of all the great dlcs youve missed out on

2 hours ago, FawltyPowers said:

I get what you're talking about @MatThaRiPP3R84. A great single player campaign where they've now added MP, it makes me think twice depending on the difficulty.

What I find most comical in this thread is how everyone jumps on board to attack you for saying it, yet in another thread someone has written:

"Annoyed.. Depending on the time it takes to reach level 20, and the difficulty of said activities. Nothing I hate more than relying on other people." and has been upvoted 30 times.

This forum.

You need to understand that trophy hunting is not a popular topic. If you desire to make comments about prioritizing trophies, you should expect backlash. I recommend finding a website that is dedicated to trophy hunting, as I'm sure it would be receptive there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

No. All they had to do was do it how they did it, release it free for GoT.  Sell it for like $10 separately.

Gain additional sales from people who want convienence, gain sales from people who haven't bought GoT at all which may lead to them actually buying GoT in the future.

I would've paid to have it stand alone just to avoid installing an entire single player game just to play some co-op. Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept [think that's what the co-op was called] did this. It's also what FFXV should have done rather than just go "well, fuck people who bought the main game enjoy trophies you can't get losers."

This!

I'm in a situation where currently I can't even get some of these trophies (survival gold and the eventual raid for sure) because my net doesn't let me connect with others in matchmaking and invites.  I try to stick to games that are announced as purely single player or confirmed to be 100% doable solo to avoid having to deal with this kind of stuff.  

They obviously knew before launch that they were adding a co op mode down the line, they could've at least announced that so people in my situation (who stick to sp games that plan not to add mp to their lists via dlc) can make better decisions towards the games they want to support.  Not saying I would've passed on this, but I at least would've had the choice. 

Making it seperate, ala RE3 mp and Prey mp, would've been a better compromise than tacking the trophies to the main list as a dlc tab.

If they had made it a seperate game and charged for it I would've even contemplated paying for it eventually if my net situation improves.

This whole thing is more disappointing than anything for me personally because it's one of my favorite games on PS4.  It sucks not being able to even try to get all of the trophies for it.  

45 minutes ago, ShadeSplit said:

You need to understand that trophy hunting is not a popular topic. If you desire to make comments about prioritizing trophies, you should expect backlash. I recommend finding a website that is dedicated to trophy hunting, as I'm sure it would be receptive there.

This site IS a dedicated trophy site though, so backlash on here doesn't make sense in this situation.  I can see it on a site like GameFAQs or something, but on here no.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

That’s so stupid! It’s literally free content, why would you want them to charge for it?

Developers don’t care about trophy hunters, except a select few. People still don’t get this?

Edited by arcanehornet_
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

That’s so stupid! It’s literally free content, why would you want them to charge for it?

Developers don’t care about trophy hunters, except a select few. People still don’t get this?

It would still bee free if you own GoT. If you just want the MP mode then its 10 dollars and you don't need the base game.

2 hours ago, PeachXHime said:

To be fair, I think we're all trapped in this web of trophy addiction, some more than others, we just have to learn to accept these things. You can never fully understand how others prefer to play their games. It's like trying to understand why somebody would put pineapple on their pizza, it's impossible!

I wouldn't say I'm trapped in a web of trophy addiction at all. I like earning all the trophies for games I enjoy if it isn't too much of a pain in the ass but I don't flood my profile with easy plats, I don't play shit games for trophies, I don't play games in a million different regions just to get the trophies for them and I certainly don't boycott great games just because it doesn't have a trophy list that I like the look of. If I think I'll have fun with a game I play it, trophies be damned, because video games are supposed to be FUN. That's the main thing for me. Trophies are secondary. I understand someone being a completionist, I have no problem with that kind of gamer, heck I can be like that myself sometimes depending on the game, but I can't understand someone denying themselves a great video game experience just for the sake of not negatively impacting a meaningless statistic on their profile. Give me a great video game experience over a perfect 100% trophy profile any day of the week. Like I said, it's so sad.

2 hours ago, Shmeefly said:

Your opinion, difference between us is i respect yours, however, unlike ripper im not as shy with mp, il do got im just waiting for ps5 for better experience but this news annoys me too, its just annoys me when everything these days has to have an mp mode, especially annoys me when it gets slapped onto games that simply dont need it, ei great sp games, just annoys me cos it essentially puts a time limit on the platinum/100% so i have to bump it up to the top of my baclog list as a priority n games ive wanted to play for a while get pushed down again, the fact is great single player games just dont need any mp put in, imo.

And in terms of all the great games ive missed? You got it wrong pal since i became a dedicated troph hunter ive gone back n played so many great games i missed before, ive done some challenging games i dont shy away, mp wouldnt be an issue if sony came out n said no servers will ever close or mp modes will always feature an offline bot mode where u can still unlock the online trophies should the servers close, mp it just adds unwanted stress for some ppl, also what makes you think i dont enjoy games just because i choose to 100%? Hey if you dont 100% think of all the great dlcs youve missed out on

This isn't about respecting opinions. If you or the original poster want to deny yourself great video game experiences by boycotting games that have a few multiplayer trophies tacked on as DLC then go right the hell ahead, I can't stop you, but you're only screwing yourself over. As I've said, I'm not a fan of multiplayer trophies, but I think it's a huge step forward and Sucker Punch should be applauded for including them as DLC trophies rather than having them as trophies you need to get the platinum. I agree with you that a single player game can be great in its own right without needing a multiplayer mode but, if it's going to be added, I'm glad the trophies were included as DLCs. Heck, I wouldn't have minded if there were no multiplayer trophies at all, but there are, and that shouldn't stop anyone from playing the entire single player as well, which is what my initial response to the original poster was in reference to. Sure, trophy hunting may have led you to play games you wouldn't otherwise have played, and that's great, but that's not what we're talking about here, we're talking about all the games that you may have loved but never tried because you, or the original poster, whomever, didn't think they'd be able to 100% the trophy list. I checked your profile. No Platinum = No Buy? How entitled of you. You'd sooner miss out on a great game that doesn't have a platinum than fuck up your precious 100% completion rate or not add to your platinum count. Pathetic. I didn't say that you don't enjoy games because you choose to 100%, don't put words in my mouth. I said that, because you insist on 100%'ing, you miss out on games that you may have otherwise enjoyed. "Hey if you dont 100% think of all the great dlcs youve missed out on". What are you talking about? If you'd take five seconds to look at my profile, you'd see that I have 100%'ed the trophy lists of 79 games. I buy any DLC that I'm interested in and that I think I'd enjoy, regardless of what the trophies are, so no, I haven't "missed out on" anything. I have many games that I've bought the DLC for and 100%'ed that game because I had FUN doing it, not for the sake of 100%'ing.

• Like 1

I love trophies but some people take this shit way too seriously and put trophies above the actual games. Not playing ghost because they added a free co op mode and you can’t 100 percent it? Just get the plat and dabble in the co op and at least see if you like it. People complaining about the game saying they waiting for the ps5 version when we all know they just waiting to get it cheap 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, domp4484 said:

I love trophies but some people take this shit way too seriously and put trophies above the actual games. Not playing ghost because they added a free co op mode and you can’t 100 percent it? Just get the plat and dabble in the co op and at least see if you like it. People complaining about the game saying they waiting for the ps5 version when we all know they just waiting to get it cheap 

This. I will never understand how anyone can be obsessed with trophies to a point where they'd skip a game just because it has trophies they can't be bothered to ignore or at least try. For all I've heard ghost of tsushima is a fantastic game and not playing it just because of a couple of trophies sounds absolutely ridiculous.

If you REALLY care that much about your completion rate or whatever play on a different account, simple.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ImMagnetz said:

Listen, here's the thing, folks, if you want to be someone who has a 100% complete profile, go for it, more power to you, but don't come onto a forum bitching and complaining when a few DLC trophies are released that you can't be assed with. You chose to insist on having a 100% complete profile, so get on with it and don't boycott games just because you think they'd give you a hard time when it comes to maintaining your 100%. Having a 100% complete profile isn't supposed to be easy. Earn that shit.

well said my dude. I was planning on Platting Crash 4. Just don't have it in me and I'm left at 71%. But I am okay with that because I want to have fun with the game, not ruin my enjoyment by forcing myself to get everything. Games are supposed to be fun, that's why they are made

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

well said my dude. I was planning on Platting Crash 4. Just don't have it in me and I'm left at 71%. But I am okay with that because I want to have fun with the game, not ruin my enjoyment by forcing myself to get everything. Games are supposed to be fun, that's why they are made

I don't want to piss anyone off but I feel like this was lost for some people over time. A friend of mine pretty much exclusively plays for trophies and constantly whines about shit he can't achieve. Many people on this site are like that too. As much as I enjoy trophy hunting, they can severely ruin the fun playing videogames imo. I was there myself, and can only advice anyone who is at the same point to take trophies less serious for once. 

I'm glad I got a pc aswell where I can play games without giving a shit about trophies.

• Like 3